PDA

View Full Version : Live like there's no tomorrow.

Todd Covini
02-13-2008, 09:26 PM
Seize the day.
Life isn't a dress rehearsal.
You only live once.
Living well is the best revenge.
Can't take it with you.
Life is short.

I have a poster framed with those words outside my bedroom door and see them every day before I face the world. Every so often I'm reminded of how valid the sayings truly are.
+++++
I took a vacation day Friday to be trackside and around the sport and people I enjoy the most. While I was gone from the office, one of my managers had some things he needed at work and left me a voicemail and email to hopefully get with me when I returned. They were important and he stayed at work late Friday nite to line up what he needed this week.

On Saturday, he was in a life threatening motorcycle accident.
On Sunday, he had extensive brain surgery.
On Monday, the doctors asked his family how long they wanted to continue life support.
On Tuesday, he was gone.

Today, I worked to have grief counselors onsite Friday for our employees and his associates.
Tomorrow, I'll prepare a eulogy speech for this weekend's services....and next week, he'll be gone forever.

I didn't know him that well, but his urgent email & voicemail seem so trivial now that I don't even remember what they were for...and it doesn't matter anymore.

Live like there's no tomorrow.

-=- T

donovan
02-14-2008, 09:40 AM
If there is anything I have learned over the past few years its that in a second everything can change...

Todd, your story is tragic and sad, but the reality is anyone of us could be gone tomorrow!

Enjoy your family and friends just like Todd said, like there is not tomorrow!

DD

AllZWay
02-14-2008, 09:45 AM
You guys are absolutely correct. If you just live for tomorrow.... you may never see it.

Todd Covini
02-28-2008, 11:15 AM
Invest 10 minutes in watching this video, it's worth it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tIyt8oSLVs

donovan
02-28-2008, 12:11 PM
Invest 10 minutes in watching this video, it's worth it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tIyt8oSLVs

Very moving video, thanks for sharing!
DD