PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Lone Star Cup Round 1 Points

GlennCMC70
02-14-2008, 10:17 AM
these results are pending 2 sealed hoods. one AI, one CMC. w/ that in mind they are subject to change. if you see any errors, PM me or email me. i'll look into it and please provide any info you can.
track records are listed on tab 2, almost all MSR-H records fell. nice job guys.

congrats to all the class points leaders, you now have a bullseye on your back!

ShadowBolt
02-14-2008, 10:27 AM
Glenn,

Since we all just had the dyno done to our cars why would cars get sealed at the first event? Does a car or two get sealed every event?
Is it at random or does it depend on where you finish?

Jerry

GlennCMC70
02-14-2008, 10:46 AM
we had one AI car show w/ no annaul dyno.
we had one CMC car who had its timing changed durring the event. it also got a replacement distributor and ignition parts if i recall correctly. since the car was ran w/ a different base timing than w/ was used durring the dyno cert, his cert is now no longer valid. had this change been made w/out the directors knowing it was done and noticed post race, it would have resulted in a DQ.

ShadowBolt
02-14-2008, 10:49 AM
Oh, I forgot about that.

Thanks Glen.

JJ

AI#97
02-14-2008, 11:04 AM
galdamn motherflippin' gas cap! :lol:

Guess it's going to be another string of poles and wins to catch back up for me!

Rsmith350
02-14-2008, 11:15 AM
Did you ever find one that actually worked?

AI#97
02-14-2008, 11:58 AM
Did you ever find one that actually worked?

Yes. I am actually glad I decided to make the Houston event because if I had found this at another event, I would already be out of contention for the regional title.

Time to cinch it up and make a run for season!

GlennCMC70
02-14-2008, 12:06 PM
remember guys, drops went back to 20% this year. not sure on how many that is, but i would guess 4.

AllZWay
02-14-2008, 01:21 PM
I already need to drop 2/3's of the races. :roll:

Todd Covini
02-14-2008, 03:53 PM
Glenn,

Since we all just had the dyno done to our cars why would cars get sealed at the first event? Does a car or two get sealed every event?
Is it at random or does it depend on where you finish?

Jerry

In addition to Glenn's answer above, we also (on occasion) do random dyno recertifications (# out of a hat...short straw...etc.) and targeted dyno recertifications (for instance, at Nationals a CMC competitor blew the track record out of the water by about 2 seconds...he went directly to the dyno at impound and was found to be OK.)

It's not every event...but anything is possible! :twisted:

-=- T

Todd Covini
02-14-2008, 04:00 PM
galdamn motherflippin' gas cap! :lol:

Guess it's going to be another string of poles and wins to catch back up for me!

You should have at least taken the green flag.
You could have limped across the start line and picked up another 30-40 points by getting half of the last place points.

Season championships are decided by very few points people...get as many of them as you safely can during the year :!:

-=- Todd

chicane23
02-14-2008, 04:28 PM
You could have limped across the start line and picked up another 30-40 points by getting half of the last place points.

Season championships are decided by very few points people...get as many of them as you safely can during the year :!:

-=- Todd

What a rookie! :lol:

AI#97
02-14-2008, 04:49 PM

-=- Todd

What a rookie! :lol:

Joe's incident in Utah was looming in my mind...and I didn't want to have to use the fire system which was only a few days old!!! No fire equalled a MUCH longer season!

Todd Covini
02-14-2008, 04:59 PM
Good call, Matt!
Notice I said "get as many of them as you safely can during the year"

-=- T

chicane23
02-14-2008, 05:14 PM
Joe's incident in Utah was looming in my mind...and I didn't want to have to use the fire system which was only a few days old!!! No fire equalled a MUCH longer season!

I hope you know I teasing! I would have done the same!

GlennCMC70
02-15-2008, 09:53 AM
updated points sheet. the big change. on the first sheet no CMC driver was awarded 4th place points for R3. a mis-understanding between myself and Clifton was the reason. so everyone who finished behind Al in R3 got there points for that race bumped up one place. ******THIS DOES NOT CHANGE THE TOYO BUCKS PAYOUT******

i repeat - ******THIS DOES NOT CHANGE THE TOYO BUCKS PAYOUT****** Al still gets 4th place Toyo Bucks. forfiture of awards and contingencies was not part of the penalty, only the points.
this has been hashed out over the last two days w/ the directors and Clifton.

Al Fernandez
02-15-2008, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the clarification Glenn.