PDA

View Full Version : Operation: Willful destruction of vehicle

Pages : 1 [2]

a_love02
04-10-2008, 10:50 AM
Also bad juju are "Let's Roll" Army stickers on the car.

Can you get me some of those? It would be worth the bad JUJU.

JJ

I have ARMY stickers compliments of Amber's husband Adam.... but they don't say "Lets Roll"... I can bring some to TWS...

I know I'm a lil late on this topic, but I have about 20 Army stickers in the glove box of my truck, my hubby can get more if need be, we'll be coming back from Ft. Hood this weekend and I can give them to Dad to bring to TWS just in case I don't make it to that event (i plan on being there, but since I'm not racing IDK if I'll be there or not). Either way I'll get them to Dad this weekend....how many do I need to give him??

ShadowBolt
04-10-2008, 10:53 AM
I want one for CMC17.

Jerry

Rsmith350
04-29-2008, 11:20 AM
UPDATE: beep beep beep budeep beep beep
Brrrdeepbeeepdeeppbrrrbbbb.... shorthand. :lol:

Ok guys so the motor stuff got dropped off at the machine shop for cleaning and umm.......restoration. Now it's just a waiting game. Material is ordered for roll cage thanks to the "Economic stimulus package" (THANKS BUSH!!)

and that's about it at the moment....still pluggin away 8)

Al Fernandez
04-29-2008, 02:16 PM
'bout time you got of your ass and updated this!

Rsmith350
04-29-2008, 02:24 PM
Between graduations and job change I haven't even seen the car in awhile! :shock: That will change drastically now. I want it to be track ready by the end of July. I think I can do it! Of course I though all of this would be alot easier too. :wink:

Todd Covini
04-29-2008, 05:59 PM
I would have thought you would have that car completed in 14 thread pages. :roll:

Rob Liebbe
04-29-2008, 08:37 PM
I would have thought you would have that car completed in 14 thread pages. :roll:

Watch it Todd. He is going to complete an entire build before you get yours repaired. And BTW, you only have one week before I start stealing parts off of it. I talked to Sheryl and she will let me in the garage any time.

michaelmosty
04-29-2008, 10:16 PM
Seriously Todd, if Ross and Jeremy both build entire cars before you repair yours then that's a problem. :wink: :lol:

Rsmith350
04-30-2008, 06:37 AM
Jeremy is alot closer than I am too. His has at least seen some track time and he's already tearing up tires! :lol:

Fbody383
04-30-2008, 04:26 PM
Seriously Todd, if Ross and Jeremy both build entire cars before you repair yours then that's a problem. :wink: :lol:

And Francis. Almost have the wiring harness ready to go back in then it's the big parts...

Rsmith350
04-30-2008, 05:42 PM
And David is alot closer than either of us to having a fully CMC legal car. That's IF he remembers where everything goes. :wink: :shock:

Todd Covini
04-30-2008, 09:36 PM
Car is loaded on the trailer waiting on frame machine availability.
Checkbook in hand, ready to go.
Hey...I needed a year to "evaluate", gimme a break! :D

mitchntx
04-30-2008, 09:42 PM

Translated:

Had to wait for the wife to give permission.

Rsmith350
05-01-2008, 06:33 AM

Translated:

Had to wait for the wife to give permission.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Eveybody just wants to see you back in the mix sir! I know you can drive! That Joy ride in the Focus is what got me hooked, can't wait to see what you can do with a V8.......in my rear view mirror (Token sh** talking)

Rob Liebbe
05-01-2008, 07:21 AM
Let me know if the frame machine becomes "available" while you are out of town and I'll tow the car over there for you.

Rsmith350
05-03-2008, 08:18 AM
Brrrdeepbeeepdeeppbrrrbbbb.... shorthand. :lol:

Well guys my schedule just got bumped back a month!! :shock: Will be picking up this...

http://houston.craigslist.org/pts/665413509.html

Later today my parts hunt will be over. Roll cage and safety stuff and I'll be on the track as soon as the motor stuff gets back from the machinists. This was a huge stroke of luck due to the fact that it has EVERYTHING I need INCLUDING the fiberglass hood!! The car gods are watching out for me! 8)

Fbody383
05-03-2008, 12:25 PM
Good find Ross.

I think, meaning I haven't put it on the battey yet, that the wiring harness is good to go. The lame Summit disconnect switch went "funny" feeling, no good detnet on or off so I opened it up... with a hammer. What a piece of junk. I still needed some other small stuff so it's another parts order.

Ross, I'll drop another note when the motor and tranny are in just to make you feel bad.

Jeremy Gunter
05-03-2008, 09:47 PM
awesome news ross, You may actually get a green flag before me....

Rsmith350
05-08-2008, 09:39 AM
Brrrdeepbeeepdeeppbrrrbbbb.... shorthand. :D

TPI unit received and broken down.....getting cleaned and stripped be ready tomorrow. Motor back from machine shop by early next week. powder coat ordered. Wiring harness ordered and will be here next week. Exhaust manifolds will be blasted today. muffler ordered. Will be prepping engine compartment for new motor this weekend. Have a team of guys coming over this weekend to sand all body panels and sheet metal. Floor pan prepped for Roll cage and mounting plates cut. Waiting for welder to be free, most likely next weekend. whew! that's alot...surprised I find time to work :shock: :lol:

Fbody383
05-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Have a team of guys coming over this weekend...

Pansy.

Parts order in yesterday, new master switch so hopefully wiring goes in this weekend. Have brake line to put in prop valve, hood pins, tow hooks... how many pieces are in this puzzle?

I just want to have a car that runs and passes tech before Todd, oops... I mean Ross. :twisted:

Rsmith350
05-08-2008, 04:15 PM
I just want to have a car that runs and passes tech before Todd, oops... I mean Ross. :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rob Liebbe
05-08-2008, 04:58 PM
I tried to drop Todd's car off at the body shop on Wednesday this week but the frame machine wasn't ready yet. Hopefully they will be ready on Monday.

Rsmith350
05-09-2008, 08:10 AM
Exhaust manifolds.......shot blasted....evap holes welded.....painted......ready for motor :D

AI#97
05-09-2008, 09:15 AM
I tried to drop Todd's car off at the body shop on Wednesday this week but the frame machine wasn't ready yet. Hopefully they will be ready on Monday.

Is todd out of pocket? Been trying to get his address so I can send him my Toyo and Maximum Motorsports forms...

GlennCMC70
05-09-2008, 09:59 AM
why are you skipping the AI/CMC Directors and going straight to the Director of Directors?

AI#97
05-09-2008, 10:58 AM
why are you skipping the AI/CMC Directors and going straight to the Director of Directors?

Todd is the only person who I know was authorized to sign the MM stuff and was just killing two birds with one stamp. Maybe you or Donovan can contact Maximum (jason or matt) and get on the list of authorized signature guys...

GlennCMC70
05-09-2008, 11:06 AM
email David and see if he can get on that list.
i'll look into it.

Rsmith350
05-09-2008, 02:15 PM
Well just learned lesson number 5642. Read the paint can before you buy it. Says real small on the side.....CONTAINS CERAMICS! So I just got done blasting the crap out of my manifolds to get all the ILLEGAL paint off. :x

Found cast iron stove paint that doesn't have that crap...gotta wait till Tues. :evil:

Note to self......have rule book in hand when shopping....may look weird but might avoid a DQ!!!!

GlennCMC70
05-09-2008, 03:45 PM
Ross, if its the Duplicolor exhaust paint, i dont see a problem w/ it. i use the 1200 degree stuff myself.

Rsmith350
05-09-2008, 03:51 PM
REALLY!!!! CRAP! I gotta go....got painting to do :lol:

Rsmith350
05-10-2008, 10:08 PM
Ok so today was very productive. Got there @ 7 AM to get a good start. finished disassembling fuel rails for clean up and got all the the brake calipers off there mounts and calipers torn down, ready for rebuild and paint. The new bumper support came in from E-bay yesterday so that got fitted (due to damage of brackets on front end from previous dip sh** owner) Then did my modification for the front nose piece and bumper support and got everything bolted back up. Interior still has crap all over the place cause I'm too lazy to vacuum it out right now. Plus by the time i got around to the really dirty stuff it was 110 degrees in the shop and I had a head ache :evil: I'm almost done with the clean up and "restoration" aspect. By next weekend I should be into "Phase 2" and this thread will be ending. I'm sure everyone will be glad for that after 20 pages! :shock: So maybe in a month or so this thing will actually look like a race car. Here are some really crappy Photoshop stuff of what it will eventually look like.

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m189/rsmith350/Camaro/Race%20car%20progress/Frontshotpaintjob.jpg

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m189/rsmith350/Camaro/Race%20car%20progress/sideshotpaintjob.jpg

This is my first attempt at photo shop so go ahead and laugh :lol:

Theme will be continued on back and of course all the other required stickers. What do you ya'll think?

Rsmith350
05-12-2008, 08:48 AM
Is it that bad that no one wants to say anything? If it looks retarded or anyone has suggestions please let me know.

GlennCMC70
05-12-2008, 08:59 AM
i'm unclear as to what your showing us. is this paint work or aero work?

if its paint, well its a little low key. think loud and bold when you think race car paint scheme's.

Rsmith350
05-12-2008, 09:15 AM
Just pure paint scheme on this one.

JJordan
05-12-2008, 09:16 AM
How about this?

-Jay

http://images.cardomain.net/sites/cardomain/event/2008/02/08/WOW/0/076.jpg

Rsmith350
05-12-2008, 09:18 AM
Nice! Little too much for me though....plus the paint......damn that was expensive :shock:

AI#97
05-12-2008, 09:54 AM
i'm unclear as to what your showing us. is this paint work or aero work?

if its paint, well its a little low key. think loud and bold when you think race car paint scheme's.

I sort of like low key...until someone pays me to be loud and bold!! :lol:

michaelmosty
05-12-2008, 10:50 AM
Agreed, I would make it much more agressive than that!! Throw in a bright color to make things stand out.

Al Fernandez
05-12-2008, 11:30 AM
I would definitely throw in some loud colors. We already have too many black/silver or silver/black cars...boring! :wink: Having done three colors on my car, I dont think its a big deal to do large stripes. It really doesnt add that much work.

Matt...I can sign MM stuff, feel free to mail your forms to me with an addressed and stamped envelope like Chris does. :D

Todd Covini
05-22-2008, 11:50 PM
RE: Paintjobs- I was 2 votes away from mandating minimum 3 color paint jobs in CMC back in the 90's. Multicolor is the way to go.

RE: Contingency Paperwork, whether it's Toyo or MM or whomever, Al, Glenn & David just need to work with John Lindsey (JWL) to make sure you guys are "recognized" as series officials in those vendors eyes. Truth is, if they don't know who the official is, they'll likely call JWL to verify anyway.

Sorry I've been out of pocket lately guys....life's been crazy with the new job, new town and all that goes with it. Use Al, Glenn & David as much as you can in my absence.

Succession plans are working....

-=- Todd

Fbody383
06-04-2008, 03:10 PM
Ross, did you get your cage started/finished?

Rsmith350
06-04-2008, 03:19 PM
Sorry to say.....no. The material is sitting here at the shop. It's our "busy season" and to be honest just been too damn tired to go out to the shop. Plus my welder has been workin his a$$ off here at work too.

Fbody383
06-05-2008, 03:51 PM
Sorry to say.....no.

That just makes it easier for Jeremy and I to make it to the track ahead of you and.... what's that guys name? Aaron? Bevis? You know, the guy with the ranger.

Rsmith350
06-05-2008, 03:57 PM
Sorry to say.....no.

That just makes it easier for Jeremy and I to make it to the track ahead of you and.... what's that guys name? Aaron? Bevis? You know, the guy with the ranger.

Don't count your chickens just yet :lol:

When can i come get the tube bender from you?

Do you have fittins for 2 1/4" and 3" ?

Fbody383
06-05-2008, 04:33 PM
When can i come get the tube bender from you?

Do you have fittins for 2 1/4" and 3" ?

3"???? What are you bending up?

All I gotz is the 1 3/4". Good news is dies are <cough> relatively cheap.

Give me a ring and we'll set it up.

Don't forget a pint of blood for a dee-posit: Black Bear Road (http://www.narrowgauge.org/4x4/cw_pages/lyrics/bbr/bbr.html)

Todd Covini
09-12-2008, 07:31 PM
Is the car (and all the boxes of new parts) out of harm's way from the storm? Threat of getting flooding with a 20' surge?

Fbody383
09-25-2008, 04:34 PM
Hey Ross, do you need me to come over and remind you how to use the tubing bender? BAM! I know, you have your hands full; let me know what I can do.

Should I tell you I think I have the rest of the brake system parts? Might have the car on the ground and under its own power sooner rather than later. Power is still out over there though but I'm gettin' itchy to drive this thing.

AI#97
09-25-2008, 08:36 PM
Hey Ross, do you need me to come over and remind you how to use the tubing bender? BAM! I know, you have your hands full; let me know what I can do.

Should I tell you I think I have the rest of the brake system parts? Might have the car on the ground and under its own power sooner rather than later. Power is still out over there though but I'm gettin' itchy to drive this thing.

You guys need to get off your asses and build those cages. Mosty and I built the lemons mobile cage in about 14 hours and I think it turned out better than the one in my AI car... :shock: :oops:

Get to work!!!!

marshall_mosty
09-26-2008, 11:15 AM
I did see the cage (at least half last weekend) in the lemons car and it is really nice. Couple of questionable "engineering" decisions, but I gave my input...

Eveyrone get to work... I guess that includes me since my car is still on the trailer from the enduro in April... :oops:

Fbody383
09-26-2008, 01:28 PM
Everyone get to work... I guess that includes me since my car is still on the trailer from the enduro in April... :oops:

Here's my update: Now that there's power back at the shop, I can make some more progress. Got the balance of the brake hardline fittings this week so I hope to finish up the brake system this weekend. Need to pick up new rotors, put the front spindles in, new throttle body gasket and the car should be moving under its own power. Need to button up the front facia, zip tie some wires, add cage padding and seat back brace, put the windshield back in.

I'll talk to folks at ECR about what usually causes tech failures on new cars and go from there. If anybody remembers what their initial tech issues were, drop me a PM and help me avoid them. Yes, the car dies when you turn off the master power switch.

THEN, I'll go help Ross use the tubing bender so he can beat Jeremy. Thanks for sharing the thread, Ross.

NickV
09-26-2008, 02:12 PM
If anybody remembers what their initial tech issues were, drop me a PM and help me avoid them.

Actually, I'd like to hear these as well. I'll be starting CMC in '09 also, and would like to avoid any tech hassles.

jeffburch
09-26-2008, 02:43 PM
The best thing I can recommend to you guys building new cars is to get as many eye balls on it as possible. The more that look and ask questions like "why did you do this or where does this go and why", the better.

jb

Fbody383
09-26-2008, 02:53 PM
If anybody remembers what their initial tech issues were, drop me a PM and help me avoid them.

Actually, I'd like to hear these as well. I'll be starting CMC in '09 also, and would like to avoid any tech hassles.

Nick, if you can make ECR bring a camera and a notepad. All the guys have been generous about letting me crawl over and around their cars and take pictures of things. I think I have pictures of the cage of nearly every TX CMC car. I said it at the time and I'll say it again, thanks guys!

JB if you have a short list to start with... I know we'd like to see it.

NickV
09-26-2008, 02:57 PM

Nick, if you can make ECR bring a camera and a notepad. All the guys have been generous about letting me crawl over and around their cars and take pictures of things. I think I have pictures of the cage of nearly every TX CMC car. I said it at the time and I'll say it again, thanks guys!

Yeah I've been looking around all the cars and asking questions from all the folks here too over the past events this year. I'll make sure and get some opinions on my car at ECR.

jeffburch
09-26-2008, 05:22 PM
Short list would be safety stuff of course.
Biggest thing here is basic cage stuff. The Law boys are good with this stuff. Maybe they'll chime in.
How are the belts and seat mounted?
Brake lines. Inspect inspect inspect!!!
I'm not a fan of the swedged lines.
Build your own 3an with protective sleeving seems the way for me.
Inspect the line to/from prop valve in you installed one.
Any racing buds in your neighborhood who can come by and look things over? More eyes the better.
Window net.
Right side net.
Helmet date.
Helmet shield/tint.
Belts date.
Shoes,sox,suit,HANS,gloves.
Can you see out of the mirrors?
Anything rattling around in the car?
Any distrations? Dash glare?
Got hood pins?
Window tint?
Clean glass?
Fender/wheel clearence?
Brake pad thickness.

jb

mitchntx
09-26-2008, 05:27 PM

Never really had any tech issues.

I have had a few electrical gremlins ... a couple real head scratchers.

Jeremy Gunter
09-26-2008, 07:13 PM
THEN, I'll go help Ross use the tubing bender so he can beat Jeremy. Thanks for sharing the thread, Ross.

That won't happen! He has yet to beat me in any race we have run... :twisted:

Seriously? Ross is doing something I don't have the time to do, he is going above and beyond on his car. It has been a difficult build, mine has been pretty simple. I have my cage builder lined up, and we will see if it goes through. I spent more up front to get the car (with help) and now it's pretty much ready, minus the safety gear and some bodywork. Still need to rebuild the rear end and get the safety gear lined up. after that I could run. But there is still some small stuff I need to do.

A big thanks to MFW and the Mosty family again...

Keep up the hard work Ross!!!! and good luck, you're gunna need it! :shock:

Fbody383
09-27-2008, 12:32 AM
That won't happen! He has yet to beat me in any race we have run... Sounds like Team Pearland has some work to do.

A big thanks to MFW and the Mosty family again... JB, thanks for the short list. And LAW, and everyone else. Pederson's close by, might have to buy him a meal and have him give the car the once over.

AllZWay
09-27-2008, 07:45 AM
The only tech issue I had was I had to add about 4 inches to my exhaust to make it exit behind the passenger seat area.

Otherwise, I had no tech issues.

One key thing to double check is that your kill switch will work.

Fbody383
09-28-2008, 09:12 PM
One key thing to double check is that your kill switch will work.

There's one thing down. And it will start again after the power is turned back on... no, not without using the key. :wink:

Finished the brake hardline in the car, put the fans in (they actually work), working on the seat back brace, started the car and idled the tranny through the gears... need more garage time...

Ross, not puttin' you down... throwing out some encouragement.