PDA

View Full Version : Isaac H&N restraint?

ShadowBolt
02-18-2008, 08:32 AM
I looked at Franks at MSRH and I like think I like this one more than all the others. Anyone have anything negative to say about it (except it's not approved for NASA use yet)?

JJ

Todd Covini
02-18-2008, 09:56 AM
...deleted due to dumbness...

BryanL
02-18-2008, 10:55 AM
Jerry i wanted to post the exact same thing. I haven't looked for anything on the net but assume it is there. Definitely think it is worth comparing to the hans. I looked at Franks and he said every doctor he knows that races uses the Isaac.

Sir Isaac Newton

ShadowBolt
02-18-2008, 11:54 AM
I looked at Franks and he said every doctor he knows that races uses the Isaac.

Sir Isaac Newton

That is part of the reason I like it. Also I would only need one for two drivers.

JJ

Todd Covini
02-18-2008, 11:59 AM
I didn't think they made one for two drivers.
http://www.skydivedelmarva.com/students/graphics/tandem.jpg
(sorry...I'm feeling sarcastic today.)

AllZWay
02-18-2008, 12:11 PM
Do a search over at Corner-Carvers..... There is a bunch of banter back and forth about the unit.

Many think it is a better solution...but since it doesn't or at least didn't have a quick exit mechanisim isn't was accepted for the standard.

For me...until it meets the rules it is a mute point anyway.

chris-CMC#35
02-18-2008, 04:31 PM
James is correct: the Isaac is not SFI certified.

We have a racer here in Rocky Mtn who is a firm believer in the Isaac, but without certification, he can't use it after June 1st. So he has decided to stop racing with NASA.

In the end, ya gotta go with your beliefs.

-chris

jeffburch
02-18-2008, 04:52 PM
2 wrongs don't make a right. :(

jb

ShadowBolt
02-18-2008, 05:06 PM
From what I read it did well in the SFI testing and performed better than most, but without a single release it can't pass the SFI test.

Jerry

Al Fernandez
02-19-2008, 08:25 AM
...but three lefts do.

I wore the hans for the first time this past weekend, without the new fancier slider tether and without quick disconnects. Biggest non-event for the money ever! What I mean is, it took all of three tries to learn how to connect/disconnect the tethers while in my seat strapped in, and once driving I didnt even realize it was there. Once you get over the sticker shock its a non-issue IMHO.