PDA

View Full Version : Hallett

ShadowBolt
02-20-2008, 11:07 AM
I need the contact info for Hallett. I called the number on the web site and the number has been disconnected.

JJ

jeffburch
02-20-2008, 11:16 AM
I hung in there with the OGM and it gave me the new number.

didn't try it.

jb

ShadowBolt
02-20-2008, 11:20 AM
I hung in there with the OGM and it gave me the new number.

didn't try it.

jb

That is the number on the web site......does not work.

JJ

ShadowBolt
02-20-2008, 11:31 AM
I must be going crazy! I tried the number again (after four trys that did not work) and it went through.

Here's the deal. I want a RV hook-up. The guy I talked to said it is first come first servered. I have no idea where the AI/CMC guys park. I assume someone will be there early and can grab me a spot. He said the hook ups are on every telephone pole (three per pole). I am going to drive about half way on Thursday night and should be there about 10:00 AM Friday. That may be early enough for this to not be a problem.

JJ

AI#97
02-20-2008, 11:42 AM
I must be going crazy! I tried the number again (after four trys that did not work) and it went through.

Here's the deal. I want a RV hook-up. The guy I talked to said it is first come first servered. I have no idea where the AI/CMC guys park. I assume someone will be there early and can grab me a spot. He said the hook ups are on every telephone pole (three per pole). I am going to drive about half way on Thursday night and should be there about 10:00 AM Friday. That may be early enough for this to not be a problem.

JJ

There are about 13 different plug hookups and only a few work! plan on a genset...

ShadowBolt
02-20-2008, 11:58 AM

JJ

There are about 13 different plug hookups and only a few work! plan on a genset...

The guy I talked to said they have 60 RV hook-ups. Most 30 amp but even a few 50 amp. He did not say how many did not work.

JJ

donovan
02-20-2008, 12:01 PM
Last year we had several RV up near the garages in the front hooked up...

Should not be a problem. There are several places to hookup, 10am should get you a nice spot.

DD

AI#97
02-20-2008, 12:56 PM

The guy I talked to said they have 60 RV hook-ups. Most 30 amp but even a few 50 amp. He did not say how many did not work.

JJ[/quote]

Ping Wayne. He has the skinny on all the hookups for power up there. I know he commented once that there was only one he could hook up to. That was over a year ago and before the repave. Things could have changed but keep in mind, there are MANY different 30amp/50amp plugs out there and electricians use Commercial NEMA plugs, and NOT RV plugs. It's always been a frustration to show up with a cord and not be able to hook up to it.

dirwin
02-20-2008, 01:43 PM
We just show up with 2-3 adapters. Most of the hook ups are in the "rv park" at the north end of the infield. Scott has done a bunch of improvements so I bet most of them work now.

Rob Liebbe
02-20-2008, 09:00 PM
Newbie RV owner here -

Any direction on plug adapters would be appreciated.

I will leave Houston early Friday and won't get to Hallet until about 4 pm. Hopefully someone can save an RV spot somewhere near the crowd.

Rob - bought the RV at the right time fuel price-wise - Liebbe

David Love AI27
02-20-2008, 09:22 PM
Newbie RV owner here -

Any direction on plug adapters would be appreciated.

I will leave Houston early Friday and won't get to Hallet until about 4 pm. Hopefully someone can save an RV spot somewhere near the crowd.

Rob - bought the RV at the right time fuel price-wise - Liebbe

I might caravan up with you... will confirm at a later date...

AllZWay
02-21-2008, 09:25 AM
I have a camper....but it would be a little hard to pull it and the race car at the same time.

David Love AI27
02-21-2008, 10:40 AM
I have a camper....but it would be a little hard to pull it and the race car at the same time.

I checked, I can have a total of 65 feet without commercial DL... truck, trailer and popup together are 63....

JJordan
02-21-2008, 11:26 AM

Time for a new camper???

http://tommcmahon.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/smobile.jpg

-Jay

AllZWay
02-21-2008, 01:51 PM

Time for a new camper???

http://tommcmahon.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/smobile.jpg

-Jay

Cool.... :lol: