PDA

View Full Version : Update from Korea

macstang
02-29-2008, 12:47 PM
Hi ya'll Texans. I sure do miss racing and all that other stuff that goes on around there. I finally got a chance to check the site and catch up on the drama etc. Seems the more things change, the more they stay the same. Gotta love it.

Ill be leaving here early April, take a month off in Mississippi, then report to a school in Ft. Benning GA for 2 months. I am looking at the schedule, and I hope to get to some event, any event. TWS may be possible, Roebling (SE) in May also. Barber in June prolly my best bet, however I have no HANS and it will be in June, maybe TT with my red car.

Well, after all that battle of regions last year, the Army decided to put their own spin on my regional affiliation. I will be reporting to Fort Drum, NY in July! For those of yall that remember, I grew up in NY, and while living in Mississippi, decided I never wanna live in snow again, and planned to stay south. Well, its only a 3 year assignment, with a year in Iraq stuffed in the middle so it should fly by.

I will be living only 150 miles from Watkins Glen, and 500 from Nationals. Lime Rock, Pocono, Beaver Run, as well as some canadian tracks: Trois Rivieres, mosport, will be in my travel radius.

I met some awesome people and made some good friendships in TX and hope we can race again soon. I am having serious withdrawals after running such a whirlwind 2006 season. Its seems as if the world just stopped turning for the past year (with the exception of Barber) and need to get that tack induced hit of the crack pipe going again.

Thanks to ya'll for everything along the way, and after typing this I think I really need to set TWS as a serious goal-anyone wanna help with the US Army CMC 44 enduro entry? Stay cool and stay safe ya'll. See ya soon.

jeffburch
02-29-2008, 01:48 PM
Good to here from you Jerry.
I thought about calling Kathy to catch up the other day.
How about Hallett in June? This should be a great event.
Have safe travels please.
See ya,
jb

Wirtz
02-29-2008, 02:23 PM
Cool, I grew up new Fort Drum and I pretty much grew up at The Glen when my dad was racing Formula Vees.

Scope the CMC action there when you get settled in. I keep thinking a road trip to the Glen would be alot of fun.

Take care,
Jeff

Todd Covini
02-29-2008, 03:18 PM
Jerry,
Are you in South Korea or North Korea...I always get the two mixed up. :shock: :lol:

Great to hear from you and hope we'll be in touch soon!

-=- T

michaelmosty
02-29-2008, 09:59 PM
Awesome to hear from you Jerry, glad all is well.
Hope to see you at the TWS event, it should be great with both the regional racing and the enduro. It will be great to see the #44 back on track again!!!

chicane23
03-01-2008, 09:48 AM
I will be reporting to Fort Drum, NY in July! For those of yall that remember, I grew up in NY, and while living in Mississippi, decided I never wanna live in snow again, and planned to stay south. Well, its only a 3 year assignment, with a year in Iraq stuffed in the middle so it should fly by.

I will be living only 150 miles from Watkins Glen, and 500 from Nationals.

Hello Jerry,

Sounds like the same tour my cousin has been on. He was in Korea for a while. Boy the stories I've heard about Korea. :shock:

I will be in Gouverneur visiting him in Aug for a week before he is shipped out to Baghdad sometime in Sept.-Dec. time frame.

Aug 16-17 a good friend of ours puts on a great event at the Glen. You should try and make it.

Do you know where you are going to be in NY yet?

Best regards,

macstang
03-01-2008, 11:31 AM
John- I will be in Fort Drum in July. I will be following your friend overseas there by a few months. I won't be far from Governeur so perhaps we can cross paths. Depending on work, August at the Glen would be great. I grew up in Syracuse and have lots of family around there and a nephew that wants to be introduced to open-tracking.
We will be taking government quarters on post, then look for a house to buy, dont know where that will be yet.

Todd-I'm in North Korea, but dont tell anyone cuz I'm a spy in this communist country.

Jeff-I will be in GA in June, so Hallett is definitely out of the question although I like that track and would love to do it again. Will you be doing Barber?