PDA

View Full Version : Pasedena/Houston Area Help? Pick up tires/wheels

BryanL
03-06-2008, 08:24 PM
Just made a deal with a guy in Stinkedena for a set of tires/wheels. Wondering if anyone would be willing to meet up to pick them up and possibly bring to Cresson next weekend?
Would be glad to pay a delivery fee. Too bad Micheal Mosty isn't around there as I'm sure he would do it for a case of Keystone Light. :D

Bryan

Rsmith350
03-06-2008, 08:33 PM
where are you? I'm in Houston
PM me with details.

BryanL
03-06-2008, 08:37 PM
I am in Fort Worth.

Guy with the wheels is in Pasadena but is willing to drive somewhere reasonable to meet. Just want to make sure the wheels aren't cracked etc. and guy doesn't want to ship and I don't either.
Thanks,
Bryan

Rsmith350
03-06-2008, 08:40 PM
My number is 832-887-9415. have tomorrow off. let me know.

BryanL
03-06-2008, 09:24 PM
Thanks Ross.

Ross is going to check out the wheels tomorrow and should be picking them up. Though he won't have room to bring them up to Cresson. So anyone around Houston have room for a a set of tires/wheels that is coming to Cresson?

Bryan

michaelmosty
03-06-2008, 10:02 PM
Yummm, Keystone Light.
Just picked up a fresh 30-pack today, seriously. :D

BryanL
03-07-2008, 12:53 PM
Ross picked them up this morning-thanks for taking care of everything. He won't have room to bring them to Cresson.

Anyone around Houston have room to bring a set of tires/wheels up to Cresson? Ross said he can meet up with someone.

Mosty-hope you enjoyed that Bitter Beer Face.

Ross what do you drink? I'll have plenty of it in the cooler.

AllZWay
03-07-2008, 05:10 PM
Yummm, Keystone Light.
Just picked up a fresh 30-pack today, seriously. :D

You need more... I never got one at the last event from all you drunks getting them all. :P

michaelmosty
03-07-2008, 07:43 PM
I'll be sure to bring some extras to Cresson!!
America's LEAST bitter beer.

jeffburch
03-07-2008, 08:09 PM
http://wso.williams.edu/~srura/gems/bitterbeer.jpg

Rsmith350
03-07-2008, 11:38 PM
I drink Shiner! life is way too short to drink cheap beer!!!

http://z.about.com/d/beer/1/0/z/2/-/-/ShinerBock.JPG

I work in the the Kingwood/Lake houston are so any one that lives in that area that has room I can deliver the wheels to your door for the trek up to Cresson.

Hey Brian I forgot to ask you if you want to keep the tires on the rims since they are trash. I can have them dis-mounted at my shop if you'd like.

Oh yeah I've been meaning to say this....I am a manager of a Goodyear store so anyone on the North side of houston that needs tires mounted and balanced or if you just want a good price on some stock parts let me know.

Jeremy Gunter
03-08-2008, 01:35 AM
I would like a good deal on getting mine mounted and balanced... know anybody in Dallas?

ShadowBolt
03-08-2008, 11:33 AM
I drink Shiner! life is way too short to drink cheap beer!!!

When I was in high school (mid 70's) Shiner and Texas Pride were the cheapest beer available! No one would drink it. One time a Shiner truck lost several cases that fell out because he forgot to close the door after a delivery. A friend of mine took it and put it in his garage fridge and it was there for months because we would not drink it. We drank Schlitz or Pabst if we had money or Old Milwaukee if money was tight. Coors came to the area in the late 70's and most of us went with the Colorado high. Years later it became cool to drink a beer we would not drink before even when it was free. It's really not bad beer but back in the 70's it was thought of that way.

JJ.........the king of taking a thread off topic

BryanL
03-08-2008, 01:26 PM
I like that story JJ. I think there are lots of texans that somehow were sold on the great marketing ploy of Shiner. Great way to market any product is make it very expensive or very cheap.
I have never bought Shiner but there will be plenty in my cooler at the track for Ross. Might as well just add some Natty Light and Texas Select to the mix.
I really can't tell you guys how big of a help Ross has been. He really went out of his way to help me out. What else do you want in the cooler since you won't have room in the Soltice?

Actually I wouldn't mind having the tires to keep good ones from rotting outside. Though if its a makes it better to get them up here then that is fine. Though I still don't think there is enough room in a Soltice for 4 wheels and a toothbrush.

Still hoping to find someone around houston that would have room for the wheels.
Bryan

Rsmith350
03-08-2008, 04:28 PM
Where's all our houston boys that are comin to Cresson?????

David Love AI27
03-08-2008, 10:04 PM
Where's all our houston boys that are comin to Cresson?????

I should be able to help... will know by tomorrow evening

Rsmith350
03-08-2008, 11:35 PM
You're not far from my corporate office I can bring them to you if you have room. When are you planning on leaving?

Todd Covini
03-09-2008, 08:57 AM
If I was coming in the truck I'd help out but it looks like I'll be coming in the family ride with the family and luggage. No room for wheels this time.

David Love AI27
03-09-2008, 10:18 AM
You're not far from my corporate office I can bring them to you if you have room. When are you planning on leaving?

Plan A: Leave from Tomball @ 3:00pm on Friday, stop in College Station and pickup Darcie (works in the tower), hope to be in Cresson by 8:00.

Where is the corp. office?.. I our shop is in next to the Woodlands and I usually head home @ 4:30pm

rpoz27
03-09-2008, 10:25 AM
I should be able to pick them up or meet Ross somewhere tomorrow. We are supposed to go trailer shopping (finally) in the Spring/Tomball area. Getting the wheels to Cresson will not be a problem. Give me a call at 979-571-5441 to arrange.

BryanL
03-09-2008, 06:53 PM
David and Misty I sure appreciate you guys offering to help out. Hope the trailer shopping went well.