PDA

View Full Version : Thrustmaster force feedback wheel

Wirtz
03-08-2008, 12:27 AM
I just upgraded my PC gaming setup, so my trusty Thrustmaster wheel / pedal setup can go to a new home.

USB or game port connection
Force feedback (a pretty good one too)
Paddle shifters on the wheel and a sequential shifter next to the wheel
2 thumb controllers for things like looking around, controlling pit stops....
Gas and brake pedal combo
Software CD

This was a great wheel in it's day, seems like a decent setup now is ~100, so how about $25? It still works perfectly.

I can send a picture if anyone would like and I can bring to MSR-C.

Thanks,
Jeff

Rsmith350
03-08-2008, 10:20 AM
I'll get it from you at Cresson and we can talk about the other s parts I need. :)

Wirtz
03-08-2008, 10:59 AM
Sweet. I'll shoot you an email about the other parts. I just got real swamped this week and didn't make enough time to get into the garage to go dig around.

Jeff

Todd Covini
03-09-2008, 08:56 AM
After Jeff sells his, I also have a Thrustmaster wheel setup for sale if anyone's interested.

Jeff...did you go with the creme de la creme G25?
(I still want one.)

-=- Todd

Wirtz
03-09-2008, 12:12 PM
Yeah. We have a special deal on certian items through work with Logitech. All of a sudden the G25s started showing up with a great price. I could not help it, I simply had to upgrade. :)

Jeff

jeffburch
03-09-2008, 01:44 PM
Can you get us deals on Bob Earls? :D

jb

Wirtz
03-09-2008, 05:45 PM
I wish. He looks to be aligned with Ferrari on his site ;) For my discount it would need to be the BMW team....

I built my own. A little bordem, some spare fence rails, and a welder and poof!
http://www.rcubedmotorsports.no-ip.com/webpost/comprig.JPG

I need to modify it for the G25 now so the shifter is in the exact correct position for a Camaro. Glad you mentioned Bob Earl. I needed to google it to figure out what the heck you were talking about, but I like his setup for the G25 shifter....

Jeff

jeffburch
03-09-2008, 05:55 PM
Tony Covini has a BobEarl.

jb

Todd Covini
03-09-2008, 09:51 PM
Daddy got tired of losing while trying to drive with his thumbs.
The new unit came with the G25 shifter mount and better foot base...just waiting a bit to upgrade (until after the kids aren't so tough on the equipment!)
...O guess it's time to clean the camera lens. :roll:
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/3324/7708/226995.jpg

Wirtz
03-09-2008, 09:54 PM
Wow, pimp setup. You even have a fan to simulate the wind in your hair!

Todd Covini
03-09-2008, 10:03 PM
I haven't felt wind in my hair in 15 years...but that's beside the point. :wink:

As I'm sure you know, Jeff...run a few laps around the Nurbergring and you start to sweat like crazy. That and the room it's in has poor circulation, so the fan is a must.

The Bob Earl setups are nice, but I'd much rather have a standard seat like you have Jeff. These seats flex and are a pain to get into and out of. Someday I'll bolt some real seats down but for now, they work great.

I'm sure the G25 is the cats meow...definately look & feel much better. Let me know if you have any regrets after using yours for a bit.

-=- T

jeffburch
03-12-2008, 07:22 PM
flagrant thread perpetuation.
jb

http://www.argentlab.com/nasatx/jeff/pics/TonyC.jpg