PDA

View Full Version : The Official "Got a New Job" Thread

Todd Covini
03-11-2008, 09:19 PM
There are enough people here that have recently gotten new jobs and are turning a new chapter in their life that I felt the need to start a thread on the subject to announce new news. Heck...we need a recurring thread just to keep up with Clifton & Matt to see where they are working these days!!! (Kidding guys. :wink: )

I'll start out by saying that it looks as though I'll be relocating to beautiful Beaumont, TX in the coming months. (I had always known a change was in the making around now and I am pleased that it's still here in Texas only an hour or so away.)

I've accepted a position within the company at one of our Polyethelene Plants there and I look forward to the change. Little further drive to track events, but not a lot of change for my racing life. Just means we'll now have representation in Dallas, Austin, Houston...and now, Beaumont!!! The 4 major cities of Texas. AI/CMC is officially growing eastward!!! :-)

-=- Todd

PS- Got a New Job???

ShadowBolt
03-11-2008, 09:39 PM
I was born in Beaumont in 1957. You may not know this but you better get a permit to carry (and get your wife one too). Parts of Beaumont are as bad as any city in the US. My grand parents (both sets) lived outside of the city in their later years to get away from the crime. I know there are good parts of town but it would scare the crap out of me to live there! That said both my parents went to high school there and their friends still live there. I'll talk to you this weekend.

JJ

donovan
03-11-2008, 10:21 PM
Well, I guess I will share as well...

I'm leaving my position at the civil engineering firm (Bury+Partners) to work for a small independent oil and gas company! The oil and gas company just happens to be owned by Holly's dad!!! :D

Huge change, but should give me some free time down the road.

My office will be at home and some travel to south Texas occasionally.

Look for a new sponsor on the hood of my car soon!!!
DD

mitchntx
03-11-2008, 10:29 PM
In 5 years, 1 month and 10 days a job will no longer be required.

donovan
03-11-2008, 10:32 PM

I had no idea... :shock: :twisted:

DD

mitchntx
03-11-2008, 10:36 PM

I had no idea... :shock: :twisted:

DD

Benefits from staying at the same job since 1982 and having kids young.

Jeremy Gunter
03-12-2008, 12:20 AM
Shadow, know any Gunters? my Dad's family grew up there...

Started a new job last month with Thyssen Krupp Elevator, management training program... It is a complete change of pace/experience/personalities but it seems to fit... and it's paying for Katrina...

David Love AI27
03-12-2008, 12:22 AM

Does thay mean you will qualify for vintage racing??? :twisted:

jeffburch
03-12-2008, 06:23 AM
"Footloose! Footloose! Kick off your Sunday Shoes!"
Didn't that movie take place in Beaumont?
Does this move qual for the 6 degrees thing?

Doesn't Thyssen Krupp make Bilstein shocks :idea: :?:

jb

Jeremy Gunter
03-12-2008, 07:46 AM

You are correct...

GlennCMC70
03-12-2008, 07:49 AM

You are correct...

a discount is fully expected from you. please bring a price sheet w/ you to MSR-C, or dont show up at all. :wink:

Al Fernandez
03-12-2008, 08:12 AM
My office will be at home

David, I need a job with you! Five years from now I want a job with Mitch! :lol:

Todd, are you actually going to move and sell that beautiful house? Its only like a 100 mile commute! 8)

I changed jobs about a month ago, sort of; same company (Chevron), same department (Upstream Supply Chain HQ) but different responsibilities (more work for the same money) :roll:

GlennCMC70
03-12-2008, 08:20 AM
My office will be at home

David, I need a job with you! Five years from now I want a job with Mitch! :lol:

Todd, are you actually going to move and sell that beautiful house? Its only like a 100 mile commute! 8)

I changed jobs about a month ago, sort of; same company (Chevron), same department (Upstream Supply Chain HQ) but different responsibilities (more work for the same money) :roll:

its still a step up - you now live in Texas!

AllZWay
03-12-2008, 08:38 AM
Some know and some don't.... I too change jobs about 10 months ago after 13 years with a my previous company.

It has been a challenge, but definitely a good move so far.

Todd... Congrats and good luck with the move... Glad you are staying in Texas. For a non-Texan.... you fit in okay. :P

Mitch... that is awesome. Just another reason you have it made. 8)

AI#97
03-12-2008, 09:40 AM
Funny you mention this because the USPS is having problems... I have been on contract for the last 5 months and they were trying to bring me on permenant...well, they just started a hiring freeze. Will probably be on the unemployment line in 3 weeks...

yay.. :(

Rsmith350
03-12-2008, 09:47 AM
Hey Todd you're going to be down in my neck of the woods. Are you going to be moving houses? If so let me know, There's so great places in the Pearland/Clear lake area without having to get the gun permit.

ShadowBolt
03-12-2008, 10:41 AM
Hey Todd you're going to be down in my neck of the woods. Are you going to be moving houses? If so let me know, There's so great places in the Pearland/Clear lake area without having to get the gun permit.

You are correct about Pearland/Clear Lake but if I ever have to go work in Beaumont I'm moving to Vidor. Home of the inbread Coonasses. Great food and the only laws they break are insest and game laws.

JJ

jeffburch
03-12-2008, 10:47 AM
I hear banjos.

jb

Waco Racer
03-12-2008, 11:20 AM
So, you are headed to Georgia?

Todd Covini
03-12-2008, 11:29 AM
Right now tentatively going to look on the West & North side of Beaumont, TX...maybe Lumberton, where I've seen some houses with nice workshops/garage mahals in the backyard.

Everything's in the air right now....no effective date and no idea on if it'll even be feasable to sell our home in Spring. (I don't want to lose money on this deal.)

Life's gittin' busy...
(cue the banjos again)

-=- T

dirwin
03-12-2008, 04:48 PM
Don't worry, I sold my house in Spring (Louetta and Champion Forest Drive) and did well, oh wait, that was 11 years ago, sorry.

Lumberton is nice, not as many inbreads.

Does Vidor still have the sign about the sunset?

Jeremy Gunter
03-12-2008, 04:51 PM
I do get a discount.... but I am awaiting a call back from Bilstein to find out how much.. I need a new set of shocks and struts... wonder if they can get me the MM valved ones?

Congrats to those who are getting new jobs with better money...

Matt- that sucks, let me know if there is anything I can do...

James- I hate when that happens...

jeffburch
03-12-2008, 04:59 PM
So, you are headed to Georgia?
I aspire to. Big difference.
Looks like a wash.

jb

Todd Covini
03-12-2008, 05:23 PM
Don't worry, I sold my house in Spring (Louetta and Champion Forest Drive) and did well, oh wait, that was 11 years ago, sorry.

Lumberton is nice, not as many inbreads.

Does Vidor still have the sign about the sunset?

Hey!!! That's really close to where I live!!! I'm off of Spring-Cypress & Kuykendahl. Champion Forest is 2 miles away.

Beaumont sounds like it might be a challenge for a new HR Manager. :shock:

AI#97
03-12-2008, 05:46 PM
Matt- that sucks, let me know if there is anything I can do...

Got a little better news today...turns out they realize that they don't want to let go of the only person getting things done! At least they REALIZE it!!! :lol:

dirwin
03-12-2008, 06:04 PM
I lived off Louetta when it was 2 lane, didn't go all the way to I 45 and 1960 was still called Jackrabbit road. My sister still lives in Champion Forest, but I couldn't wait to get out of that giant traffic jam.

HR Director, no problem. Finding 10 people the total make up of 1 set of teeth around there, might be a problem.

Todd Covini
03-12-2008, 08:26 PM
Give me a call if you ever come visit your sister. I'm right around the corner.

Adding to the thread...I fired a guy today. He'll be looking for a new job soon enough. :shock:

-=- T

Rob Liebbe
03-12-2008, 09:02 PM
Give me a call if you ever come visit your sister. I'm right around the corner.

Adding to the thread...I fired a guy today. He'll be looking for a new job soon enough. :shock:

-=- T

Hire him in Beaumont and then fire his ass AGAIN - that would be COOOOL!!!!

Todd Covini
03-12-2008, 09:31 PM
Got a feeling his fancy 2 door Kompressor Mercedes wouldn't "fit in" at the PolyEthelene plant parking lot in Beaumont. :roll:

Rsmith350
03-13-2008, 12:17 AM
Yeah cause it won't be rollin' on DUB's :lol:

Aerocoupe
03-25-2008, 10:35 AM
Be nice, I live in Beaumont and it is not that bad. Vidor took the sign down and still you could not pay me to live there. My GF teaches high school there and I have to curb my desire to shoot the racists little shits. I have been here for almost three years and don't have anything bad to say about the are in general. People are friendly and the job market is pretty damn good.

Todd,
Lumberton is nice but pricey for what you get. I live off of Major Drive and Hwy 105 on the NE side of Beaumont and it is quiet and pretty easy to get around town from there. I am usually at the races with John George and have met you a couple of times. Good luck with the house hunting!

Darren

Todd Covini
03-25-2008, 01:22 PM
Awesome!!! I think I remember you Darren but the next time we meet up, pls remind me that you're from Beaumont!!!

Don't take any of the B-town jabs personnally...it's all in good fun. When I lived in LA, they laughed at me for moving to SF the land of the fruits & nuts. When we left SF, we were made to feel like we were moving to hell going to Houston...and we love it. The same holds true now for Beaumont...those who aren't there feel like it's going to be a bit poh-dunk (including my wife), but I'm encouraged and think we'll love it once we get there!!!

Sounds like there's at least 1 gearhead there I can hang with!!!

Darren...we'll get a Beaumont AI/CMC Chapter going in no time and whoop all those Dallas pansies when we come out. :twisted:

-=- Todd

Aerocoupe
03-25-2008, 02:56 PM
A new chapter....do they have a hooptie class or one for jacked up 4X4's? No seriously, I have seen a few cars here that might do some auto crossing but I am not sure. One was a Fox car that definitely could as it was a complete MM car with cage but who knows.

The Golden Triangle has a little something for everyone so I am sure you and your family will find a good spot to call home. The Saturday night cruise they put in here in Beaumont is pretty darn good. It is once a month and man are there some sharp street rides here. I think they keep them locked up the rest of the time. The food here is amazing and believe it or not there are some really good places to take the family out to eat.

I might be up at TWS this weekend as John has a few parts for me and I could use the break from all the work. If you are up that way I will try and find you in the crowd.

Darren

chicane23
03-25-2008, 04:37 PM
If you are up that way I will try and find you in the crowd.

Darren

Just look for the really bright sun reflection! ;-)~

Todd Covini
03-25-2008, 10:14 PM
I'll likely be in a bright orange shirt and there won't be any reflections because this chrome dome gets burnt real fast in the Texas sun!!! Hope to talk to someone from Beaumont before I actually move there.

See you this weekend for Team Ford cheatin bastard practice at TWS!
(Dresscode is casual....no bowties puhleaze.) :roll:

-=- Todd

rpoz27
03-25-2008, 10:39 PM
Congrats to all of you starting fresh! I hope you are happy in your new positions.

I sort of got a new job last month. The owner of TWS added new responsibilities to my old ones along with a significant raise and a staff position. (I used to be contract) :D I swear I've got the best job in the world!

Todd Covini
03-25-2008, 11:31 PM
Sounds like you're "core staff" at TWS now, Misty! Congrats!
Will we be seeing you there this weekend in your "I'm with track management" paddock flotilla? :lol:

-=- Todd

rpoz27
03-26-2008, 09:34 PM
Thank you, Todd!

I'll be at the track for the worker meeting Saturday morning and might stop by with Cristopher, at some point, so he can see that Mustang owners really aren't bad people. I had thought about leaving the Camaro in the paddock for the weekend, but I was afraid it might get Mustang on it and that just doesn't buff out. :twisted:

David Love AI27
03-26-2008, 09:35 PM
Congrats to all of you starting fresh! I hope you are happy in your new positions.

I sort of got a new job last month. The owner of TWS added new responsibilities to my old ones along with a significant raise and a staff position. (I used to be contract) :D I swear I've got the best job in the world!

let me know if any new positions open up... I'm looking for a change...

Rsmith350
04-10-2008, 07:22 PM
Well Gentleman I am officially out of the car repair business. I just took a job with a company that manufacturer's equipment for the oil and gas industry. Bad news......can't get smokin deals on parts anymore....tires are more expensive.............That about covers it.

Good news. Less hours, more money, less commute (drastically), I am the boss 8) , Oh yeah and I just happen to have access to 2 CNC mills, a plasma cutter table, and about a million other cool metal working tools, oh and did i mention a ton of scrap metal and aluminum to play with at my discretion.

So.....with that being said...look to see the "willful destruction" thread light up like the fourth of July in about 2 weeks to a month. :D

jeffburch
04-10-2008, 07:31 PM
Congrats!

No water jet? 8)

Put the new crew on that car. Git-R-Done!

jb

AllZWay
04-10-2008, 08:19 PM
Congrats... 8)

GlennCMC70
04-10-2008, 08:23 PM
get another job, Jerry already has all that crap!

macstang
04-10-2008, 11:35 PM
Well I guess I am changing jobs also.
My duty with the United Nations Command Honor Guard in Korea is complete. I am now home in MS with my family.
I do get to enjoy about 35 days off before going back to work (registered for TWS).
New job will be in Fort Drum NY, I believe the job title is snowshoveler.
Honestly, I have no clue what job I will be doing.
See yall soon.

Todd Covini
04-11-2008, 12:47 AM
I good US Army soldier could endure a measley 4 hour enduro, couldn't he?!

Welcome Home, Jerry and we'll see you soon!

-=- Todd

ShadowBolt
04-11-2008, 08:11 AM
get another job, Jerry already has all that crap!

That was funny Glenn.

JJ

GlennCMC70
04-11-2008, 08:31 AM
i wasnt kidding. see any smiley faces?

mitchntx
04-11-2008, 09:21 AM
I agree with Glenn .... this time.

Some one needs to snag a high ranking job with Toyo USA in their marketing department.

ShadowBolt
04-11-2008, 09:25 AM

Some one needs to snag a high ranking job with Toyo USA in their marketing department.

Or a good machine shop. We have an old mill but no CNC mill or lathe.

JJ

marshall_mosty
04-11-2008, 10:26 AM
I have a machinist with a CNC mill and good manual lathe. He really stepped up big time for me in turning a new tie rod on a Saturday night so I could have it picked up by midnight and back on the car for R3 Sunday.

His pricing is VERY reasonable.

Arnold Machining
(903) 271-6810

macstang
04-11-2008, 10:31 AM
I good US Army soldier could endure a measley 4 hour enduro, couldn't he?!

Welcome Home, Jerry and we'll see you soon!

-=- Todd

Of course I could endure the 4 hrs on the track; enduring the 8 hour drive with a family that thought they were leaving at noon...another story. :evil: If I was stag I would do it. The 4 hrs would make up for all that track time I lost over the past year. It would also make up for all the tires and brakes that I havent bought over the past year.
I would love to do the enduro, and if anyone can convince my wife of it, that would be awesome. Be even better if you can co-drive. :wink:

AI#97
04-11-2008, 11:41 AM

Why not Hoosier instead? Seems they have a pretty good idea of how to do contingencies! ;)

Rsmith350
04-11-2008, 06:02 PM

Well sorrrrrryyyyyyyyy :?

It's a huge deal for ME cause I needed a good welder and now I have access to a MASTER!! Also we're already getting autocad drawings together for an aluminum gauge plate and a couple other odds and ends that now I don't have to pay for. Getting pricing on tubing Wednesday to cause we get a huge discount on steel. we already use DOM for alot of the stuff we make just not that size. Been there 2 days so far....it's been good.

Jeremy Gunter
04-11-2008, 06:13 PM
It's a huge deal for ME cause I needed a good welder and now I have access to a MASTER!!

Congrats Ross, you da man... Don't forget to call me, I may end up dropping my car off in Houston for a couple of weeks...

Al Fernandez
04-11-2008, 07:57 PM
Perfect...now get to making some LCA bearing assemblies for 4th gens! :lol: Dont mind Glenn, he's just mad 'cause the hall monitor reported him to the principal...watch your lunch money!

Jeremy Gunter
04-11-2008, 08:23 PM
Perfect...now get to making some LCA bearing assemblies for 4th gens! :lol: Dont mind Glenn, he's just mad 'cause the hall monitor reported him to the principal...watch your lunch money!

I thought Glenn was the principal...

AI#97
04-11-2008, 09:22 PM

I thought Glenn was the principal...

I thought he had only made it to hall monitor but might be cutting his teeth as the janitor or lunch lady for a few months for some OJT... :lol:

Todd Covini
04-11-2008, 10:10 PM
Stop teasing him. Glenn was promoted to gym teacher months ago.
http://www.getoutaz.com/story/images/photos/3jwte85i.jpg

David Love AI27
04-11-2008, 11:00 PM

Well sorrrrrryyyyyyyyy :?

It's a huge deal for ME cause I needed a good welder and now I have access to a MASTER!! Also we're already getting autocad drawings together for an aluminum gauge plate and a couple other odds and ends that now I don't have to pay for. Getting pricing on tubing Wednesday to cause we get a huge discount on steel. we already use DOM for alot of the stuff we make just not that size. Been there 2 days so far....it's been good.

U building a 3rd gen?? I need a cage for one very soon...

AI#97
04-12-2008, 07:53 AM
Stop teasing him. Glenn was promoted to gym teacher months ago.
http://www.getoutaz.com/story/images/photos/3jwte85i.jpg

Maybe more along the lines of Ballbricker from Porky's?! :oops: :lol:

Rsmith350
04-14-2008, 08:14 AM
Hey david.....drop me an e-mail or a PM about the roll cage. My welder is very anxious to help out. I said the word "race car" and he's all about it. Coming up with a way to get him some compensation for his work. He's gotta get something out of this. Especially cause he is "that" good will post pic of some of his work later so you can se what i mean.

Rsmith350
04-14-2008, 08:14 AM
Hey david.....drop me an e-mail or a PM about the roll cage. My welder is very anxious to help out. I said the word "race car" and he's all about it. Coming up with a way to get him some compensation for his work. He's gotta get something out of this. Especially cause he is "that" good will post pic of some of his work later so you can see what i mean.

David Love AI27
04-14-2008, 09:11 AM
Has he seen the specs? Where is he located? Did you get a "ball park" price??? I can have the car ready in a couple of weeks...

Rsmith350
04-14-2008, 01:28 PM
we're in pearland and I've given him a good rundown of what needs to be done. he said no problem. i told him we'd work out the money part. He said he usually gets about $45/ hour for side work but i told him i'd be able to do around $20-25 and I'd let him keep his job :shock: :lol:

mitchntx
04-14-2008, 02:09 PM
but i told him i'd be able to do around $20-25 and I'd let him keep his job :shock: :lol:

That's about what LAW Motorsports make ...

Rsmith350
04-14-2008, 06:06 PM
I was giving the guy a lecture on how important it was that the welds were REALLY good so he took it upon himself to grab some scrap tube and demonstrate. (great guy by the way!) So I had to take a pic

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m189/rsmith350/101_0124.jpg

Gotta say...the boy is good. The connecting pipe is not saddled but you get the idea.

GlennCMC70
04-14-2008, 06:09 PM
very nice.

AI#97
04-14-2008, 06:30 PM
I was giving the guy a lecture on how important it was that the welds were REALLY good so he took it upon himself to grab some scrap tube and demonstrate. (great guy by the way!) So I had to take a pic

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m189/rsmith350/101_0124.jpg

Gotta say...the boy is good. The connecting pipe is not saddled but you get the idea.

Damn! I bet your car could weigh 5000lbs dry with THAT tubing!!! what wall is that? .250"?

:lol:

Jeremy Gunter
04-14-2008, 07:07 PM
I like... now what about bending tube... :P

Fbody383
04-14-2008, 09:38 PM
I like... now what about bending tube... :P

That's cheap and easy... as long as he returns it in good condition... normal wear and tear expected.

Todd Covini
05-22-2008, 09:42 PM
The Office Version of "Had a Bad Day".....

http://glumbert.com:80/wii/view.php?name=baddayoffice

mitchntx
05-22-2008, 10:48 PM
The Office Version of "Had a Bad Day".....

http://glumbert.com:80/wii/view.php?name=baddayoffice

I almost choked when the dude couldn't get the printer to work, so he drug his monitor to the copy machine ...

Hilarious stuff!

Been there ... done that.

michaelmosty
05-22-2008, 11:52 PM
That was great when the "older" guy threw his monitor over the cubicle wall and then sat down and continued to type. :lol:

jeffburch
05-23-2008, 06:52 AM
Nice.
I loaded my computer at work on a cart and delivered it to the IT dept.
That was 7 years ago. They still haven't delivered me a new one.
Maybe I should send them this.
At least I didn't smash it.
jb

Rob Liebbe
05-23-2008, 08:04 AM
Our old printer at the office has my shoeprint on the front of it. P.O.S.!!!

Jeremy Gunter
06-11-2008, 08:35 PM
Well not that I have a new job, but my current new job is taking me to Albuquerque NM for a while. This being the case, I may not be able to run anymore DEz this season, but hopefully I will be back around for the 09' season.

Hope to see ya soon!

mitchntx
06-11-2008, 09:08 PM
Well not that I have a new job, but my current new job is taking me to Albuquerque NM for a while. This being the case, I may not be able to run anymore DEz this season, but hopefully I will be back around for the 09' season.

Hope to see ya soon!

RMR ran at a track near Albequerque. You should look them up.

jeffburch
06-11-2008, 09:20 PM
Sandia Park
jb

BryanL
10-14-2008, 04:06 PM
I was part of the new career folks when this thread was running but wanted to wait and make sure I was in the right place. I guess
I didn't learn everything from Covini as my cut/paste job doesn't look to good. Anyway, I am a Financial Advisor with a wealth management firm in Plano. http://tfr-inc.com/
We specialize in Financial Plannin, Investment Advisory, Insurance Services, and Employee Health Benefits.

Texas Financial Resources
is proud to announce the association of

Bryan Leinart
Financial Advisor

with our firm

5040 Tennyson Pkwy
Plano, TX 75024-3002
Direct 972-608-3870
Main 800-765-0397
Email bleinart@tfr-inc.com
www.tfr-inc.com

silversvo
10-14-2008, 07:51 PM
I guess I should add to this post as I changed careers from an Operations Manager of a metal company to a MWD(measurement while drilling) specialist with a Drilling company. I have to say I feel like a thousand pounds was taken off of me as the stress levels are a lot different now. That is the plus about it, the bad part is that I am away from family, friends and everyone while working as I go all over the US which it also effects my chance of any racing for the next year or so. I am doing some upgrades to the car now but it I will make a few events next year if I can time it correctly with work.

michaelmosty
11-05-2008, 05:28 PM
Just letting everyone know I started a new job this week.
I accepted a position with the Dallas Morning News and do local advertising sales for the north Dallas territory. I'm doing training this week and next and then get to jump into the mix of things.

There will be some sweet stories throughout the next few years:
2009 - The announcement of the new CMC Champion, Michael Mosty.
2012 - The announcement of our new president, Matt "F'n" White.
:lol:

rpoz27
11-05-2008, 07:28 PM
Congrats, Michael!

Rob Liebbe
11-05-2008, 08:15 PM
local advertising sales

Which intersection? :twisted:

AllZWay
11-05-2008, 08:52 PM
local advertising sales

Hehe... You think he will wear that big ass cowboy hat while selling on the corner?

michaelmosty
11-06-2008, 08:37 AM
local advertising sales

Hehe... You think he will wear that big ass cowboy hat while selling on the corner?
:evil: I'm never going to live that one down, thanks Marshall.

I tried to get him back a little while at the LeMons race. Clifton, Frank, Love, Misty, and all others kept asking where Marshall was and I had to break the news that he could not come race b/c he was in Seattle at a Celine Dion concert. Everyone was very suprised!! Oops, did I say that aloud? :lol:

j3ffbrooks
11-06-2008, 01:19 PM
:evil: I'm never going to live that one down, thanks Marshall.

I tried to get him back a little while at the LeMons race. Clifton, Frank, Love, Misty, and all others kept asking where Marshall was and I had to break the news that he could not come race b/c he was in Seattle at a Celine Dion concert. Everyone was very suprised!! Oops, did I say that aloud? :lol:

That's funny, even if its not true.......I have a feeling that it is true.

Thought I would add to this thread.....

So, my job exploration in CA isn't working out as I originally thought. At this point I'm not opposed to moving back to TX.

If anyone has a lead please let me know.

Thanks - Jeff

AI#97
11-06-2008, 02:59 PM
So, my job exploration in CA isn't working out as I originally thought. At this point I'm not opposed to moving back to TX.

If anyone has a lead please let me know.

Thanks - Jeff

Commericial construction management positions for some reason in Dallas are PLENTIFUL right now....I am throwing my hook in and testing the waters. I actually found a listing with a company we did a corporate day at Apex a few weeks back and it's an exact copy from my previous employer. Funny thing is the title is Vice President! 8)

cobra132
11-06-2008, 07:00 PM
I was not going to mention it, I was going to save it. But since you did, and it dove-tails nicely into your new job: Front page: Racer Misses Key Event for::::::

michaelmosty
11-06-2008, 07:15 PM
Here is a clip from the professionally made video he bought at the concert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrq3DFa7AxE

AI#97
11-06-2008, 07:50 PM

Needed a punch line something along the lines of

"This just in! Straight man found attending a Celine Dion concert! When Questioned, the ball-less man refused comment, covered his face and ran into the crowd...."

sorry, thought it was bust on Marshall day! ;) :lol:

Jeremy Gunter
11-06-2008, 10:32 PM

Needed a punch line something along the lines of

"This just in! Straight man found attending a Celine Dion concert! When Questioned, the ball-less man refused comment, covered his face and ran into the crowd...."

sorry, thought it was bust on Marshall day! ;) :lol:

I give him props.... Show that feminine side marshal! I couldn't sit through this song, let alone the entire concert, without smacking some wimpering fruit next to me and going to the track. Where his friends and twin brother are racing in a $500.00 POS. He's more of a woman than I... :P

marshall_mosty
11-07-2008, 09:38 AM
Cost of plane tickets to Seattle using AA miles... $7.50
Cost of hotel, rental car and food for weekend... $600
Cost of concert tickes for you and the wife... $350
Rumor mill that you won't ever live down... priceless

This was something that I had planned long, long ago (bought tickets in October '07) for our 8th anniversary present to her.

Everyone's heard the saying "It's better to lose the battle and win the war...". That is the appropriate saying for that weekend.

I know... I'm a puss. I'll take my licks and see you guys next year. 8)

AllZWay
11-07-2008, 12:14 PM
Marshall that is pretty bad... You should have gotten paid to have to listen to that stuff. :lol:

Rob Liebbe
11-07-2008, 12:24 PM
Maybe he had an earbud in listening to a football game, race, or at least some Metallica.

Every time I see a picture of Celine Dion, I wonder how her head doesn't snap off of that little tiny neck of hers.

AI#97
11-07-2008, 01:22 PM

She was probably due a weekend for her....especially haven carried and delivered 3 of your spawns! :wink: Besides, she puts up with you so that was a small price to pay right?! :lol:

marshall_mosty
11-08-2008, 09:45 AM
She was probably due a weekend for her....especially haven carried and delivered 3 of your spawns! :wink: Besides, she puts up with you so that was a small price to pay right?! :lol:

That's the way I would like to see it.

mitchntx
11-08-2008, 11:26 AM

Whoa!

First Obama, now the sensitive, caring, feeling MFW ...

Geez ... he is running for office!

GlennCMC70
11-08-2008, 11:35 AM

Whoa!

is that car running yet?

mitchntx
11-08-2008, 09:35 PM

Whoa!

is that car running yet?

Need to figure a way to sabotage this beast. Sounds strong.