PDA

View Full Version : another dyno cert question....

GlennCMC70
04-27-2006, 05:33 PM
i recerted my car the thursday prior to last race weekend. its @ a 33mm restrictor. would i need to recert if i desided to drop down to a 32mm just to play it safe(er)?? shouldnt i be legal w/ the same restrictor or less???

i played it close for last event and i'm worried about the dyno in H-town @ MSR-H and the difference in altitude between here and there (600+ ft).

y5e06
04-27-2006, 05:43 PM
I was close w/ my 33mm plate at 233 & 306 for my weight (which is excessive....).
At Round2 I swapped to a 32mm plate just to play it safe & had Todd CoVini initial my original dyno cert indicating the 32mm downgrade.
I plan to redyno at some point but he said I'd be good with that documentation w/o a recert.
That way, if I'm real close on weight and end up a few pounds low, I can have my car sealed and redyno'ed knowing the 32mm will be a bit less than my Annual Certification. (thats of course assuming I can keep all 4 out of the dirt before the finish a race.... and finish well)

Todd Covini
05-01-2006, 09:44 PM
That provision can work on the way down in HP but not on the way up.
(There's a "reasonable person" test.)

Your dyno sheet and director-issued windshield sticker should always match. If it doesn't, it's the racer's responsibility to seek out a director to make sure it does. This is what we did with Morgan's smaller restrictor.

It is not acceptable to have a dyno sheet for every restrictor plate out there. Wanna make a change? Need to produce a new dyno sheet after the change is made to verify what it did and obtain a new windshield decal.

See you guys at Houston!!!

-=- Todd