PDA

View Full Version : More DVR stuff

Wirtz
03-20-2008, 10:04 AM
Just a heads up, while setting the DVR to record the F1 action this weekend, I saw that the Speed Touring and GT races from Sebring will be shown Friday around noonish.

Jeff

donovan
03-20-2008, 10:27 AM
Awesome, Thanks for the heads up... I will be setting mine to grab them!!

Thanks,
DD

jeffburch
03-20-2008, 12:15 PM
Me too but, I haven't watched all I recorded from last w'end :roll:

jb

Waco Racer
03-20-2008, 01:15 PM
Me either JB. F1, NHRA, Sebring, Wind Tunnel, it's been very hard not to see spoilers online this week.

evarner
03-20-2008, 02:24 PM
NHRA next weekend!!! Woot!

I will be hanging out with Jack Beckman (gofastjack.com). He's a top fuel funny car driver and I used to work with him in the 80's. He invited my wife and I down to watch the qualifying session on the 29th and have some behind the scenes look.

DVR'ing the other programs fo'sho.

AllZWay
03-20-2008, 03:37 PM
I did get the Nascar Birstol race watched...but I am still sevveral days behind on all the other stuff.

michaelmosty
03-20-2008, 03:47 PM
I have already watched 5 minutes of the 12 hours of Sebring, only a little more to go. :)

Wirtz
03-20-2008, 03:50 PM
Same here on the backlog. I got F1 done first as it is what I care about the most. Probably will just put Bristol and Sebring on for background while out playing in the garage.

Speaking for NHRA, EV is right, they will be at Baytown next weekend. Me and a few co-workers are going to drive down, probably Sunday to watch the action. Who else will be there? If you have never seen 2 top fuel cars launching in anger in person yet, you have not lived. I have alway been a road racer, and always will be, but these cars are simply flipping insane, and the TV takes so much of that away. I highly recommend going to see an event if you are into cars at all.

Jeff

Fbody383
03-20-2008, 04:06 PM
If you have never seen 2 top fuel cars launching in anger in person yet, you have not lived.

Especially near dusk...

Seen, heard, felt, smelled. There's something special about hearing a fuel car fire up in the pits and waiting for sweet aroma of nitromethane to reach you; kinda makes you want to cry.

michaelmosty
03-20-2008, 04:31 PM
I have only seen one top fuel cars run before. He was a no-name guy but still ran a 5.50. Also saw two 5-sec. jet cars at night in Ennis. Both were freakin awesome.
I bet they pull close to the same g-forces as a CMC car!!!! :lol:

Adam Ginsberg
03-22-2008, 09:18 PM
If you have never seen 2 top fuel cars launching in anger in person yet, you have not lived.

My best friend from HS used to be the personal Lear Jet pilot for Don Prudhomme. Several years ago, he invited me down to Ennis when they were in town for the Fall Nationals (IIRC). Got in for free, had a golf cart to cruise around in, met Mr. P (for the second time...actually met him in SoCal when we lived there ), and was able to be very "up close" to the action.

I was standing about ~50ft away from the starting line when they launched. Those cars disrupt the air so violently when they launch, not only can you feel it in your chest, it actually hurts. No, seriously - it hurts. And, it burns your eyes beyond belief when they fire up that vicious, nitro-burning monster.

One of the most incredible experiences.

GlennCMC70
03-22-2008, 09:34 PM
puss's. i put that shit in my inhailer and take a hit to clear my alergies.

mitchntx
03-22-2008, 10:26 PM

Maks since ... all thet huffin explanes yur speling.

Waco Racer
03-23-2008, 06:06 PM
Does anyone still have the F1 race recorded? Mine crapped out and I would like to see the race.

I have a friend from High School that was the pilot for Eddie Hill and rebuilt the superchargers between rounds on his dragster.

Fbody383
03-24-2008, 11:21 AM

Maks since ... all thet huffin explanes yur speling.

Early Contender 2008 Quote of the Year

"Waco Racer"]I have a friend from High School that was the pilot for Eddie Hill and rebuilt the superchargers between rounds on his dragster.

I remember seeing Eddie Hill go through the lights... upside down and backwards.

jeffburch
03-24-2008, 11:53 AM
Does anyone still have the F1 race recorded? Mine crapped out and I would like to see the race.

Australia or Malaysia?
I have the later.

jb

Waco Racer
03-24-2008, 12:55 PM
Malaysia

jeffburch
03-24-2008, 02:12 PM
PM me a snail address.
Ill cook a .wmv on dvd and mail within a week.
How much is the enduro? 8) :lol:
jb

Wirtz
05-17-2008, 10:06 PM
Sunday should be a good day for sports car fans. Both ALMS and Grand Am on Speed this Sunday. Set up the DVR!

AI#97
05-17-2008, 10:23 PM
can we make this thread a sticky?! I always miss out on the good stuff on Speed because I get fed up with all the Nascrap coverage and turn it off...

jeffburch
05-17-2008, 10:30 PM
Just swapped out the Dish for DirecTv today.
Uhg.
Speed in HD is new.
Have the dvr set for those races tomorrow.
Adam just called. He spent the day at Laguna with Costas enjoying the Rolex cars.
Can they not grow grass in California?
Dunno.

jb

mitchntx
05-17-2008, 11:07 PM

jb

When I was in high school, I remember some grass that came from California ...

David Love AI27
05-18-2008, 07:44 AM

jb

When I was in high school, I remember some grass that came from California ...

I think you are mistaken... it came THROUGH California... still the ol mexican ganja... don't ask me how I know...

jeffburch
05-18-2008, 08:47 AM
Also bump day @ IMS.
ABC.

jb

David Love AI27
05-19-2008, 09:53 PM
Also bump day @ IMS.
ABC.

jb

I watched a little last week but missed the end of pole day... who has the pole??? Did AJ get any cars in the field??