PDA

View Full Version : S197 STang owners...throttle lag fix...

AI#97
03-26-2008, 02:58 PM
http://autobglo.com/2007/11/14/diy-free-and-easy-2005-mustang-throttle-response-modification/

found this on another forum....sounds plausible as a fix...

Jeremy Gunter
03-26-2008, 05:17 PM
Ross sounds like your excuse from Cresson was a valid one... can anybody find a post about Malibu's having the same problem... :P

Todd Covini
03-26-2008, 09:29 PM
When Al comes back from vacation, he can comment on this.
He had to modify his street car because it was a nuisance.

Al Fernandez
04-02-2008, 10:02 AM
I think Ford throttle response on the S197 is ri-fucking-cockulously bad. It might be just fine for a station wagon (does Ford even make those any more?) but on what is their only real sports car, it is pathetic. Throttle position changes are a discussion by committee and you have neither veto power nor majority vote. :lol:

The trick in the link above is a correction for the amount of pedal travel required from the time you move the pedal to the time the PCM recognizes and begins to consider thinking about what you want.

The other problem is on throttle response (from that point forward), which all the tuners have a good handle on and you can get pretty much whatever you want.

The last problem (and my biggest gripe!) is off throttle response where you release the gas and at some point in the future RPMs begin to slowly and methodically lower at a safe, unofensive, fuel efficient and controlled rate.

I spent four months trying to cure this with a very reputable tuner out of Florida: Bamachips. The last tune is much much much better than OEM and I would say much more sophisticated feeling in on throttle response than my previous attempt at correction using Brenspeed...but it still is bad. Apparently if you adjust too far the car has idle problems. After round 5 or 6 the tuner stopped answering my emails....cant blame them after all, its only "one" $80 tune

Its sickening that my suburban has a sportier feel to the loud pedal than my mustang. I'm not bitter though :lol: 8)

jeffburch
04-02-2008, 10:11 AM
Both of my wife VW's were that way.
I refused to 'em drive unless I had to.
All my chevys with FBW throttles have been flawless.
jb

AI#97
04-02-2008, 10:40 AM
Both of my wife VW's were that way.
I refused to 'em drive unless I had to.
All my chevys with FBW throttles have been flawless.
jb

both of my dodges have been flawless as well....Ford FBW FTL...