PDA

View Full Version : So, what did you do today?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13

David Love AI27
05-06-2013, 01:25 PM
Nothing to do with racing but attended Dave Ramsey's EntreLeadership 1 day event today. Very informative!

JJ

EntreLeadership = Nothing to do with racing

You really should be nicer to Glenn... LOL

AllZWay
05-13-2013, 10:04 AM
I spent all weekend putting a wakeboard tower on our boat. We were going to upgrade the boat to a nicer wakeboard boat, but decided to hold off another year and just put a tower on ours for this summer.

It was a pain drilling the stainless steel, but all in all it went pretty well.

ShadowBolt
05-13-2013, 10:19 AM
I spent all weekend putting a wakeboard tower on our boat. We were going to upgrade the boat to a nicer wakeboard boat, but decided to hold off another year and just put a tower on ours for this summer.

It was a pain drilling the stainless steel, but all in all it went pretty well.

Do you have Fat sacks? If not talk to Jay. I know he added them to his boat.

JJ

BryanL
05-13-2013, 11:13 AM
Swapped the rooftop a/c unit on my trailer to my Dad's. Now it will have cold a/c for Hallett. I just hope I get my car ready to make Hallett. Nice rack James.

Fbody383
05-13-2013, 11:20 AM
Nice rack James. Never expected to read that on this site.

Dual mass flywheels suck... that is all.

cobra132
05-14-2013, 07:05 AM
The JP clan knows how to live right.

marshall_mosty
05-14-2013, 07:01 PM
Just got back from Seattle. The flight up on Sunday was interesting.

Seattle, WA (CBSDFW.COM) - American Airlines flight 1943 en route from Dallas (DFW) to Seattle had to make an emergency landing Saturday afternoon in Salt Lake City.
The emergency landing was due to an ill passenger on board. That passenger was taken to a local hospital in Salt Lake City. The passenger’s name is not available at this time.
The flight is now en route to Seattle.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/05/12/aa-flight-makes-emergency-landing/

The story was a bit vague and didn't state the fact that the "ill" passenger went into cardiac arrest and they had a crew of 4 doctors and 3 flight attendants pumping the hell out of his chest. Thankfully didn't have to use the defibrilllator, but they did get it from the overhead bin. He was 6-7 rows back from me but a colleague was across the row. She said he turned blue, then grey before they finally got his heart and breathing going. Had to put a tube down his throat to help him breathe and started an IV. According to my co-worker, they said he had previous history of heart attacks. Landed in Salt Lake City and EMS and Police got on and they took him off the plane and then we were back underway to Seattle... Scary as hell. My wife (nurse) said "Cool..." when I texted her about it...

MikeS
05-14-2013, 09:11 PM
New brakes on the tow vehicle.

Rob Liebbe
05-17-2013, 01:26 PM
I had lunch at Cafe Capri in Bryan. The food was excellent and the owner seemed like a nice guy. :D

ShadowBolt
05-17-2013, 02:48 PM
I had lunch at Cafe Capri in Bryan. The food was excellent and the owner seemed like a nice guy. :D

I can’t really touch that one but I flew to Odessa, TX for lunch and back today on a friends private Cessna Citation Jet. Oh how the other 2% live. I could get used to it.

Wade
05-17-2013, 02:51 PM

Why didn't you call me? I haven't been there since Tuesday :-(

Rob Liebbe
05-17-2013, 03:31 PM
I can’t really touch that one but I flew to Odessa, TX for lunch and back today on a friends private Cessna Citation Jet. Oh how the other 2% live. I could get used to it.

I was in Midland, then Odessa, then Abilene, then back to Odessa, then back to Midland and then finally back to Houston on Tuesday. All without the benefit of a private jet.

Rob Liebbe
05-17-2013, 03:31 PM
Why didn't you call me? I haven't been there since Tuesday

It was spur of the moment. Catch you next time.

ShadowBolt
05-17-2013, 03:50 PM
I was in Midland, then Odessa, then Abilene, then back to Odessa, then back to Midland and then finally back to Houston on Tuesday. All without the benefit of a private jet.

You should see the Goodyear test tracks. They are really cool. I wonder if they ever rent them out?

JJ

ShadowBolt
05-17-2013, 03:52 PM
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=San+Angelo,+TX&ie=UTF8&ll=31.619036,-100.3232&spn=0.069581,0.112095&t=h&z=13&om=1

They have a five mile oval!

JJ

Rob Liebbe
05-18-2013, 09:36 AM
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=San+Angelo,+TX&ie=UTF8&ll=31.619036,-100.3232&spn=0.069581,0.112095&t=h&z=13&om=1

They have a five mile oval!

JJ

I used to work there as a tire test driver/engineer for ride, noise, dry handling, wet handling, off-road perfromance. It is a very cool place, with tons of test surfaces. The five mile circle (not oval) was used in the 60's through late 80's as a high speed tire durability durability track. It is a parobolic bank with neutral speeds up to 120 mph, meaning that at 120 mph you could let go of the steering wheel and the car would follow the top lane of the track all by itslef. Since it is parabolic, it is neutral for other speeds at the lower lanes. The old timers tell a lot of funny stories about the place. Unfortunatley, the circle is in a fairly advanced state of disrepair. They do rent out the facility, but all use has to go through the legal department these days and it is very expensive ($8000-$12000/day) and a pain in the rear.

Google Continental/General Proving Grounds in Uvalde, Texas. Similar setup without the high speed oval but does have a large dry/wet handling pad, road course, ride roads, and a Jeep Jamboree course. We rent this one from time-to-time at about $5000/day but there is no legal department involvement. They are usually very busy though.

You can also check out Cooper's track, The Tire and Vehicle Test Center near Pearsall, Texas. It is a smaller facility but has a large pad, a road course and a Moab Jeep course.

BF Goodrich/Michelin used to have a track north of Laredo before moving to South Carolina, Firestone has a track in Ft. Stockton and Southwest Texas Research has a track west of San Antonio.

For various reasons the tire companies built tracks in Texas and the car companies built tracks in Arizona, Florida, California and of course Michigan.

rleng1
05-18-2013, 04:03 PM
I used to work there as a tire test driver/engineer for ride, noise, dry handling, wet handling, off-road performance.

Obviously, off-road was your speciality.

GlennCMC70
05-19-2013, 12:12 PM
I did one of the bet things any CMC'er could do - I started Rob Who's cage today. Main hoop bent and fitted. Diagonal and harness bar to come. No pics.

Rob Liebbe
05-19-2013, 01:18 PM
I did one of the bet things any CMC'er could do - I started Rob Who's cage today. Main hoop bent and fitted. Diagonal and harness bar to come. No pics.

Cooooooool!!!! I may in the DFW area next weekend. I'll give you a call to see when you will be around. Maybe I can come check it out.

Thanks Glenn!!!!

Fbody383
05-20-2013, 12:02 PM
Main hoop bent and fitted. Did you use the #70 to bend the main hoop?

Trublu
05-21-2013, 07:45 PM
Hung out at the NASA Neutral Buoyancy Lab
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d9v5xff0pi2d205/IMG_0044.jpeg

David Love AI27
05-25-2013, 02:12 PM

Jason got a job transfer to Midland.... You should look him up... are you any good at beer pong?

Hood
05-26-2013, 12:28 AM
I got to spend a beautiful day in Oshkosh, WI. I started the morning flying a Cessna 172 for an hour (logged as pilot in command). I then stepped back in time with a ride on a Ford Trimotor. After that, I hopped into a 1929 TravelAir biplane. I spent the rest of the afternoon roaming through the AirVenture museum and then ending the evening by attending an exclusive birthday party for one of the long time EAA employees that has been the crew chief for the Trimotors for over 30 years. Overall... not a bad day. : )

ShadowBolt
05-26-2013, 07:46 PM
I got to spend a beautiful day in Oshkosh, WI. I started the morning flying a Cessna 172 for an hour (logged as pilot in command). I then stepped back in time with a ride on a Ford Trimotor. After that, I hopped into a 1929 TravelAir biplane. I spent the rest of the afternoon roaming through the AirVenture museum and then ending the evening by attending an exclusive birthday party for one of the long time EAA employees that has been the crew chief for the Trimotors for over 30 years. Overall... not a bad day. : )
Not bad at all. I've been to airventure and the museum and its really cool. Would love a ride in a Trimotor.

JJ

Rob Liebbe
05-27-2013, 12:24 PM
Gave my 14 year old son his first stick shift driving lesson in my 91 Mustang. I figured if he can fly a glider, he can shift some gears.

Hood
05-27-2013, 08:21 PM
Continuing the aviation theme... I flew a Savage yesterday and today for a total of 3.5 hrs, almost completing my tailwheel endorsement. The Savage looks like a small Super Cub and is a Light Sport Catagory aircraft. I don't remember having this much fun flying ... definitely another money intensive hobby though.

Alien
05-27-2013, 09:17 PM
Gave my 14 year old son his first stick shift driving lesson in my 91 Mustang. I figured if he can fly a glider, he can shift some gears.

Same one that filmed the final burnout of the #1 car? When does he get that lesson?

ShadowBolt
05-27-2013, 09:27 PM
Continuing the aviation theme... I flew a Savage yesterday and today for a total of 3.5 hrs, almost completing my tailwheel endorsement. The Savage looks like a small Super Cub and is a Light Sport Catagory aircraft. I don't remember having this much fun flying ... definitely another money intensive hobby though.

I learned in an 11AC Aeronca Chief

JJ

Rob Liebbe
05-27-2013, 09:45 PM
Same one that filmed the final burnout of the #1 car? When does he get that lesson?

Yep, same kid. He's a way off from the burnout lesson unless you want to volunteer one of your cars.

marshall_mosty
05-28-2013, 12:10 PM
Went to Corpus Christi for the weekend with the family. Kids played on the beach and we toured the USS Lexington. It's a WWII aircraft carier that saw service in the Pacific and has a storied history (torpedo and kamakaze hit). Had a really good volunteer that gave us a tour of the flight deck and explained what it's like to launch/land an aircraft... Pretty cool stuff.

Rob Liebbe
05-28-2013, 06:08 PM
Went to Corpus Christi for the weekend with the family. Kids played on the beach and we toured the USS Lexington. It's a WWII aircraft carier that saw service in the Pacific and has a storied history (torpedo and kamakaze hit). Had a really good volunteer that gave us a tour of the flight deck and explained what it's like to launch/land an aircraft... Pretty cool stuff.

The Lex is cool. I think the boy scouts and maybe others can do overnight camps on it. The Texas State Aquarium is also very good in Corpus.

ShadowBolt
05-29-2013, 09:40 AM
The Lex is cool. I think the boy scouts and maybe others can do overnight camps on it. The Texas State Aquarium is also very good in Corpus.

Kathy and Jan stayed the night on the Lady Lex back when Jan was in Girl Scouts. Said it was kind of spooky.

JJ

michaelmosty
05-29-2013, 12:59 PM
Hahaha, I thought that said "back when Jay was in Girl Scouts". :^)

Rob Liebbe
05-29-2013, 04:59 PM
Hahaha, I thought that said "back when Jay was in Girl Scouts". :^)

Michael - good news for you, the Boy Scouts might reconsider your application.

marshall_mosty
06-13-2013, 05:18 PM
Went to the ortho for what was supposed to be my final appt before getting a clean bill of health. Apparently I'm doing something capable of breaking a titanium screw... I have a CAT scan the Monday after Hallett, so..... I'll still be at Hallett because she said the main reason these break is due to a car accident. I figure if the accident happens "after" it's already broken, no harm, no foul...

She was suprised that I can still go to the gym and not need to live on pain pills. If the CAT scan shown the bone graft is strong enough, they will leave it "as-is".

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1010643_4221160266648_29515740_n.jpg

GlennCMC70
06-13-2013, 05:31 PM
That looks like a twist off to me. Got money that says the top half is backing out.
Hope I'm wrong.

michaelmosty
06-13-2013, 06:37 PM
I have always thought he had a screw loose.....

MikeP99Z
06-13-2013, 11:21 PM
Obviously. this is what happens to an AI driver using Ford Racing parts rather than ARP.

marshall_mosty
06-14-2013, 06:49 AM
I'm the victim of Obamacare. Cheap, offshore materials used to save taxpayer money and ensure a mediocre level of care for all...

smitty328
06-14-2013, 07:14 AM
"used to save the non taxpayer more money"

fixed that for you

edrock96GT
06-14-2013, 07:32 AM
"used to save the non taxpayer more money"

fixed that for you

This.

AllZWay
06-14-2013, 08:16 AM
Are they going to have to use a drill and tap for that joint? Or will a screw extractor work?

Pranav
06-14-2013, 09:29 AM
Insist on Grade 10 or 10.9 for the next repair.

michaelmosty
06-14-2013, 11:26 AM
Are they going to have to use a drill and tap for that joint? Or will a screw extractor work?
Dr. Frank can fix it Saturday night at Hallett......after lots of sippin hooch!!!

marshall_mosty
06-14-2013, 12:25 PM
I'm thinking bailing wire and duct tape.

AllZWay
06-14-2013, 01:12 PM
Dr. Frank can fix it Saturday night at Hallett......after lots of sippin hooch!!!

Maybe need Jeremy and his drill press. :D

rleng1
06-14-2013, 02:28 PM
Don't think he'll like Dr Frank's entry point.......or maybe he will.

marshall_mosty
06-14-2013, 03:35 PM
I remember those stories about things being extracted from a nether region...

BryanL
06-14-2013, 06:29 PM
Don't think he'll like Dr Frank's entry point.......or maybe he will.

That's the other Mosty brother that likes franks old area of specialty.

rleng1
06-15-2013, 06:19 PM
White cowboy suit.

cobra132
06-16-2013, 08:07 AM
What happens at Hallett..............................

michaelmosty
06-16-2013, 11:34 AM
How did I get drug into this conversation.....

Fbody383
06-25-2013, 11:50 AM
http://blog.parathyroid.com/race-car-deaths-medical-causes-racing-deaths/ - good read.

Side note: on the way home from Hallett there was some work on 45 at BW8 on the north side of Houston. We took the gamble and did the exit-entrance thing. Merging into the only open shoulder lane, some pinhead in a convertible mustang (not a complete poke at you ford types... well, you know what i mean) was going to run up past us. He got even with the trailer axles and decided he would pull a Rueth/Mosty and take out the tall orange cone thing instead of hitting the trailer. When he jetted up next to us he didn't look to happy either. Most aggravatingly, when traffic thinned out he didn't even drive the speed limit.

I love Houston drivers.

BryanL
06-25-2013, 04:58 PM
I had to skim that but looks like a good read that I will take the time to digest. After the weekend I'll be paying more attention to a few areas in the car, on my body, and around the tracks and will use the article as motivation to be safer where possible.

Adam Ginsberg
07-08-2013, 01:29 AM
http://www.shrackracing.com/hosting/2013/july-laguna/P1_sm.jpg

Final race of my amateur racing career, last weekend as a Series Director.....pole, and a win. At Laguna.

Check another one off the bucket-list.

MikeP99Z
07-08-2013, 07:33 AM
Congrats on the win!

Just decided that it was time to open a different chapter in life? Let us know your thoughts and plans.

MP

marshall_mosty
07-08-2013, 09:18 AM
Congrats Adam!!

cobra132
07-09-2013, 02:45 PM
Excellent job Adam, congrats. FMR

Adam Ginsberg
07-09-2013, 10:49 PM
http://www.shrackracing.com/hosting/2013/july-laguna/sunday-podium_sm.jpg

Saturday's race is here (http://vimeo.com/69934788). Qual'd/started P4, took P3. Unfortunately, I don't have Sunday's race win on video.

As for why LSIR was my last race.....it boils down to simple economics - my youngest son starts his journey towards a physics degree at SFSU in late August of this year. In CA, CMC doesn't exist any longer. And, well.....my car has been "around the block a few times".

#5 has been raced every single season since it was built in 1999 (yes, 15 years as a racecar), at 17 different race tracks across the US by me, another 5 by the previous owner. It's been wrecked, pulled back into place, had it's front frame rails replaced, too many fenders to count, four noses, three logbooks (one SCCA and two NASA logbooks....the first NASA logbook was completely filled), three hoods, three windshields, three brake systems.....but interestingly enough, it's still running the original shortblock it came with when I bought it in early 2003. It's the same shortblock that was in the car when it was built in 1998. Heads/cam/intake/exhaust has changed, but not the shortblock. It even has it's original doors...also hard to believe, given it's a CMC car.....

I might be able to continue to afford racing my current car, but certainly not for a full season. In all honesty, if I wanted to continue to race full seasons (which I can't afford).....I need to build another chassis.....which I also can't afford with a looming college bill on the immediate horizon.

Trailer is for sale. Car is not.....no one buys Fox-body CMC cars, at least not for a decent figure. Even one with 2 championships, a 5-page Hot Rod magazine article, and a half-page picture in GRM from the Mid-Ohio Nationals. There are too many damn good parts on the car to sell it for some ridiculously low figure/"giving it away", and I have too many good years with my car to get rid of it. It's been fun for 11 years.

For now, it will stay in the garage, maybe racing one event a year, just to keep my comp license and race-craft active. It may morph into a hot rod some day....who the hell knows.

BTW - huge thanks to David Donovan for getting a set of front pads to me in time to make Laguna. There's no way in hell I would have finished the weekend without his help. Thank you, David!

You guys have fun racing.

cjlmlml
07-11-2013, 10:59 AM
Adam, thats awesome, How is your son doing with my old Kenny Brown Mustang? That car was so nice, I would love to buy it back from you.

Adam Ginsberg
07-11-2013, 04:41 PM
Adam, thats awesome, How is your son doing with my old Kenny Brown Mustang? That car was so nice, I would love to buy it back from you.

It's actually doing well, Chris. My oldest bought it from Seth a few years ago, and has slowly been fixing it up....he just installed new seats 3 weeks ago. We now have all the parts in my garage to convert it back to a stick; we've just been waiting for a break in my schedule to reconfigure the car (I thought you'd like to hear about that :)). It still needs bodywork and paint from the accident, but it's running around town.

Mike P - the "next chapter" started over a year ago.....Nick Steel got me chasing down this rabbit hole.....

http://www.shrackracing.com/images/cycling/db_p3_sm.jpg

IMO, it's every bit as challenging, rewarding, and difficult as sports car racing, but at a much reduced cost (although my wife sometimes thinks otherwise, until I show her some receipts). It's a fantastic sport, and very addictive. I'm now riding anywhere from 100 - 200+mi a week when not traveling. I bought that Diamondback in August 2012, and it now has just under 3500mi on it.

While in Sydney for business in January, I was fortunate to ride in the beautiful Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park (http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/NationalParks/parkHome.aspx?id=N0019). Great riding, but it thoroughly kicked my ass.

http://www.shrackracing.com/images/cycling/west-head.jpg

I've dropped 25lbs, my blood pressure, cholesterol levels, and resting heart rate to much more appropriate levels. It's great enjoyment to ride for miles along the ocean in such outstanding weather. I'm even considering a few cycle races, although I have much further to go before ready to try that.

Several AI and CMC racers have turned to cycling to help satiate their "need for speed" - Nick Steel, Matt Renna, Ryan Walton (he is one hell of a climbing mofo!!!), Matt King and our own Richard Pedersen to name a few. Nick, Ryan and I are planning to ride the Cool Breeze Century (http://www.cibike.org/cool-breeze.html) in mid-August.....a 100mi ride from Ventura (it starts about 5mi from my house) to Goleta and back (http://ridewithgps.com/routes/2306396). It will be a great ride, with much of it along the Pacific.

cjlmlml
07-15-2013, 09:30 AM
That all sounds great Adam, but you havent seen 635 lately, its breathtaking

AI#97
07-15-2013, 06:37 PM

How many people in this group have owned that car? LOL! I saw the Kenny Brown Mustang and a bicycle and got a chuckle!

Adam Ginsberg
07-16-2013, 12:06 AM
That all sounds great Adam, but you havent seen 635 lately, its breathtaking

My last look at the 635 (you can't break the SoCal in me) was in February while it was still under construction. I drove through the 35/635 interchange, and was amazed at the amount of road construction going on. Let's hope it cuts down on the gridlock. I always equated the 635 to the 405 in LA.....

cjlmlml
07-16-2013, 10:35 AM
Lyons- Added Griggs Suspension - sold to Rueth
Rueth- Sold to Brooks
Brooks- Cannabalized it for parts- sold to Donovan
edit-

Donovan- Used it to hold down his driveway
Ginsburg- Emascualted it with an auto trans & then wrecked it

donovan
07-16-2013, 10:37 AM
Congrats again Adam!, glad the pads worked out, and loved watching the videos!!
That looked like a fun race!

DD
(One of the several past owners of the famous blue Kenny Brown Mustang)
I got it from Brooks, sold to Ginsberg...

That car gets around!!

ShadowBolt
07-16-2013, 12:42 PM
I just watched the video from a link in the article linked above. I have never seen or heard about this story. Very sad. Why would those A-holes not help him?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mz3ZzSXyWM

JJ

Dulaney
07-16-2013, 02:00 PM
I just watched the video from a link in the article linked above. I have never seen or heard about this story. Very sad. Why would those A-holes not help him?

JJ
WTF? That was extremely hard to watch. I can't imagine how frustrated he was.

ShadowBolt
07-16-2013, 02:45 PM
WTF? That was extremely hard to watch. I can't imagine how frustrated he was.

Just stand there and watch a guy burn to death? Must have been Frenchmen.

JJ

marshall_mosty
07-17-2013, 12:21 PM
JJ

That was a VERY tough video to watch... They basically sat there and had their hands in their pockets...

edrock96GT
07-17-2013, 12:57 PM
That was a VERY tough video to watch... They basically sat there and had their hands in their pockets...

Having lived in Europe for 6 years, this video doesn't surprise me in the least. I once saw a bus driver in Luxmeburg clip a guy as he was pulling away from the curb. Damn driver just sat there in the bus until the guy limped out of the way so he could drive off.

Dulaney
07-25-2013, 01:46 PM
I never knew this tool existed, and I'm guessing many of you didn't either. I expect it will be extremely useful.http://www.amazon.com/Aircraft-Tool-Supply-Rivet-Spacing/dp/B005VR2DJ8/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1V49C70LFZDOS

Trublu
07-25-2013, 07:15 PM
I never knew this tool existed, and I'm guessing many of you didn't either. I expect it will be extremely useful.http://www.amazon.com/Aircraft-Tool-Supply-Rivet-Spacing/dp/B005VR2DJ8/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1V49C70LFZDOS

Now that's a handy dandy piece of kit, I think I'll have one and stop eyeballing my spacings

GlennCMC70
07-25-2013, 08:28 PM
I have used. Much better than using the calibrated eyeball.

cobra132
07-25-2013, 10:33 PM
Wow, Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, --------------

kbrewmr2
07-29-2013, 08:46 AM
closed on a house on Friday, and learned two things.

1.) never look at the sum of payments number
2.) never look at the date of last payment

oiy vey, good motivation to fork over some extra towards principle each month though...

AllZWay
07-29-2013, 09:35 AM
closed on a house on Friday, and learned two things.

1.) never look at the sum of payments number
2.) never look at the date of last payment

Congrats... and so true. We now owe less than 5 years on our house. Woohoo!!

Hood
07-29-2013, 10:49 AM
Finally got some time to spend with the other woman... It's amazing how many parts get lost the longer a project sits. I should never have taken this thing apart until I was ready to reinstall the new engine. Sheesh.

Notice that there is still a CARBURETOR on this car (yes this is a spec carbed engine).

Fbody383
07-29-2013, 10:59 AM
Congrats... and so true. We now owe less than 5 years on our house. Woohoo!! Meh... house payment ----> College ----> Future medical costs... it just a different pile.

But our balance is low enough now that Bank of America (who sucks!) doesn't even include a penalty amount now for paying late... which I'm glad to oblige.

AllZWay
07-29-2013, 11:18 AM
Finally got some time to spend with the other woman... It's amazing how many parts get lost the longer a project sits. I should never have taken this thing apart until I was ready to reinstall the new engine. Sheesh.

Notice that there is still a CARBURETOR on this car (yes this is a spec carbed engine).

WOW... Gary that is impressive looking.

AllZWay
07-29-2013, 11:18 AM
Meh... house payment ----> College ----> Future medical costs... it just a different pile.

But our balance is low enough now that Bank of America (who sucks!) doesn't even include a penalty amount now for paying late... which I'm glad to oblige.

yep... We figure as soon as the house is paid off.... college starts sortly afterwards.

ShadowBolt
07-29-2013, 06:35 PM
All you youngsters. Paid off my house over five years ago. Of course my mortgage was only $135,000.00. Don't know how you make payments on two or three hundred grand houses. Never had to. Lived in a 30' x 30' garage for 16 Months while we hired the sub contractors to build the house. Saved a bundle.

JJ

David Love AI27
07-31-2013, 12:37 PM
All you youngsters. Paid off my house over five years ago. Of course my mortgage was only $135,000.00. Don't know how you make payments on two or three hundred grand houses. Never had to. Lived in a 30' x 30' garage for 16 Months while we hired the sub contractors to build the house. Saved a bundle.

JJ

"House" cost $10,000...
Vehicle to move it, $21,500
View of the Sandia Mountian Range while drinking morning coffee, Priceless
Missing all my NASA friends, SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kbrewmr2
08-01-2013, 08:23 AM

JJ
You forgot to tell us to get off your lawn.

I don't care if people are on my lawn right now, stupid builder let alot of the sod die :-/

edrock96GT
08-01-2013, 08:46 AM
...stupid builder let alot of the sod die :-/

Same thing happened to me.

"Here's your dead sod, good luck watering it back to life. By the way, it's June outside..."

kbrewmr2
08-01-2013, 09:43 AM
at least I was able to talk Laura out of paying extra for them to put sod out to die in the backyard too...

Fbody383
08-05-2013, 10:56 AM
Don't know how you make payments on two or three hundred grand houses. Never had to. Me either... protest coming up later this month gonna work to get it know back down. Every time I visit a friend at their 'big house' all i can think of is property tax bill...

Rob Liebbe
08-05-2013, 03:42 PM
This past Friday - but close enough - Picked up my new race car chassis with the first official Glenn Landrum CMC Mustang cage installed in it. The Man does very good work. Three more years and I'll have it running.

AllZWay
08-05-2013, 04:49 PM
This past Friday - but close enough - Picked up my new race car chassis with the first official Glenn Landrum CMC Mustang cage installed in it. The Man does very good work. Three more years and I'll have it running.

That is great Rob.... now get it together.

Rsmith350
08-05-2013, 05:56 PM
That is great Rob.... now get it together.

Yeah! What the hell is taking so long ?!

Signed,
Kettle

Rob Liebbe
08-06-2013, 08:10 AM
Yeah! What the hell is taking so long ?!

Signed,
Kettle

The real world keeps interfering.

Rsmith350
08-07-2013, 12:38 PM
The real world keeps interfering.

Know the feeling!

Rob Liebbe
08-09-2013, 10:35 AM
Know the feeling!

Ross, I didn't catch the your "Kettle" signature earlier, gave me a good laugh.

Rsmith350
08-09-2013, 11:13 AM
Ross, I didn't catch the your "Kettle" signature earlier, gave me a good laugh.

I'm super stoked, I'm getting real close! Missing canton pan, wiring harness safety gear and tires

jeffburch
08-11-2013, 06:25 PM
I was watching the Sunday evening news, and saw this..........

ShadowBolt
08-11-2013, 07:33 PM
I was watching the Sunday evening news, and saw this..........

???

Rsmith350
08-11-2013, 07:39 PM
???

Look at the source in the title bar it's James proctor's YouTube account!!!

AllZWay
08-12-2013, 08:05 AM
Yep... They are calling it a dust devil... but I have never seen one come down out of a cloud and then go back up to a cloud. It was not spinning real fast, but was cool looking.

Pranav
08-12-2013, 09:51 AM
Decided to do the old man a favor and change the transmission filter and filter in his 4runner. Had to drop an exhaust pipe to be able to drop the pan. Upon re installing it I stripped two studs and broke a third. Got to escort my dad driving his diesel-truck sounding vehicle to the muffler shop this morning for them to fix my handy work.

To top it off I got caught underneath without eye glasses and have some crap stuck in my eye, going to go see the optometrist in a few to get it out.

1 step forward 18 steps backwards.

Rob Liebbe
08-12-2013, 01:57 PM
Decided to do the old man a favor and change the transmission filter and filter in his 4runner. Had to drop an exhaust pipe to be able to drop the pan. Upon re installing it I stripped two studs and broke a third. Got to escort my dad driving his diesel-truck sounding vehicle to the muffler shop this morning for them to fix my handy work.

To top it off I got caught underneath without eye glasses and have some crap stuck in my eye, going to go see the optometrist in a few to get it out.

1 step forward 18 steps backwards.

Your dad is a very nice man, I'm sure he'll give you an "A" for effort.

rleng1
08-13-2013, 04:35 PM
Just took a new job.........in London.

MikeP99Z
08-13-2013, 04:43 PM

Wow! When do you start, and is it still with the same company?

Pranav
08-13-2013, 04:44 PM
Damn, so I guess you aren't gonna need those axles from me anymore? :(

rleng1
08-13-2013, 04:53 PM
Still with Chevron, 34 years.
Will race next year out of the RM region, and yes, I will be at Hallet.
Yes, Pranav, I need those axles.
TWS will be my last Texas region race.

BryanL
08-13-2013, 05:16 PM
Congrats Randy. Hope you guys are excited. Should be a good adventure for both of you. You will be missed the next 2 years for sure-especially by Rob. Maybe that will make him get his car on track before Ross.

Rsmith350
08-13-2013, 05:24 PM
Congrats Randy. Hope you guys are excited. Should be a good adventure for both of you. You will be missed the next 2 years for sure-especially by Rob. Maybe that will make him get his car on track before Ross.

Not gonna happen!
Randy, I'm happy for ya. Sad to see you go, Jess will be sad, you're one of her favorites!

AllZWay
08-13-2013, 08:57 PM
Oh man.... We will miss seeing you Randy... But that would be a fun change.

rleng1
08-13-2013, 09:04 PM
Hey, I'm not showing anybody my Randy.

Racebrat
08-14-2013, 07:58 AM
I get up this morning in a fairly decent mood, sitting here having a great cup of coffee and checking the forums....then I run across this....Whaaaaat?? London?? That's great Randy- happy for you! I'll miss you and your ever positive attitude terribly....I take it that you are moving to Colorado somewhere and travelling back and forth to London? The flight there isn't bad- the flight back is a bitch!

Wade
08-14-2013, 08:00 AM
Awh man :-( Fellow rookie from 2010 and great competitor every time out. Wendi and I will miss you.

kbrewmr2
08-14-2013, 08:45 AM
dang - will miss seeing you at TX stuff, always enjoyed stopping by and BSing with ya

marshall_mosty
08-14-2013, 09:24 AM
Randy,
First, congrats.
Second, Gavin is going to be bummed.
Third, hopefully you can get some track time over there at Silverstone or one of the others.

kbrewmr2
08-14-2013, 09:48 AM
what's the CMC track record at the Nurburgring?

ShadowBolt
08-14-2013, 10:25 AM
Still with Chevron, 34 years.
Will race next year out of the RM region, and yes, I will be at Hallet.
Yes, Pranav, I need those axles.
TWS will be my last Texas region race.

Randy,

You will certainly be missed. I know I'm not that smart (ask Adam) but how do you live and work in London but race out of the RM region and be at Hallett? Are you going to move your home to Colorado and be making many trips back and forth across the pond?

JJ

Trublu
08-14-2013, 11:32 AM
Welcome to the Oilfield folks.
Randy, congrats on the move and echo the thoughts of the rest of the gang.

rleng1
08-14-2013, 05:22 PM
Thanks for all the kind words.
Linda and I have a condo in Denver that will be our base.
Will store car there so Lienert will not drive my car to test tire walls.
Will schedule vacations and business trips around NASA RM schedule.
It's either this or buy a jet and let Cory fly me around. IQ test?.

Storm Trooper
08-14-2013, 09:27 PM
Well shoot! I was looking forward to putting my mark on your new paint job! :-) Seriously, Kisha and I will be missing you! She says we would love to come visit you in London. lol Congratulations on the job and keep in touch. Being oilfield, it can't last forever right!? No doubt we will see you again around the Texas region.

Racebrat
08-15-2013, 07:54 AM
It's either this or buy a jet and let Cory fly me around. IQ test?.

That would be my choice!! :-)

Next time KC's company sends him to London we will drop in and see you!

rleng1
08-15-2013, 07:37 PM
You and the entire NASA family will have A room to stay in. We will be located in city center just north of buck palace.

Trublu
08-15-2013, 08:48 PM
Man that's nice of CVX to put you up in Kensington Palace. I guess the queen mum doesn't take up too much space....

cobra132
08-16-2013, 07:48 AM
I don't like this one bit. The county's being over-run and the good folks are leaving! I say we impound Randy's car at TWS.

marshall_mosty
08-16-2013, 09:28 PM
Ready to go red-neckin'...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s403x403/1013269_4532007597637_1423711894_n.jpg

Wondering what my mom will say tomorrow when I drop off Garrett for school clothes shopping??

marshall_mosty
08-18-2013, 12:16 PM
Guys,
Just found out today, but SPEED channel is no longer. Now it's FOX Sports1... Not sure if this is a good thing for us gear heads, as it appears that more non-motorsports will make it's way into our already NASCAR laden programming choices.

http://www.motorsport.com/#!/obituaries/news/speed-channel-1996-2013/

Rob Liebbe
08-19-2013, 09:25 AM
Guys,
Just found out today, but SPEED channel is no longer. Now it's FOX Sports1... Not sure if this is a good thing for us gear heads, as it appears that more non-motorsports will make it's way into our already NASCAR laden programming choices.

Well then the redneck outfit will work out for you!

Rsmith350
08-20-2013, 09:53 AM
Guys,

Apparently they will broadcast major events but it's not gonna be close to the same

AllZWay
08-20-2013, 10:32 AM
I thnk FoxSports2 is where a lot of the racing and shows that were on Speed will be shown.

Fbody383
08-20-2013, 02:12 PM
You and the entire NASA family will have A room to stay in. We will be located in city center just north of buck palace.London? Better you than me... gonna miss having you around.

BlueFirePony
08-20-2013, 08:20 PM
Hope to see you at Hallet next year! Kyri sends his best wishes for your new life abroad!

Rsmith350
08-21-2013, 04:35 PM
Didn't know there was such a thing

Fbody383
08-22-2013, 10:12 AM
Decided it had been too long since the last race... two wheeled version of Spec Miata, about 40 bikes in all. One accelerator pedal is much better than two Look pedals.

michaelmosty
08-23-2013, 08:24 AM
http://www.streetfx.com.au/product_images/miscellaneous/makingfamily3.jpg

It looks like the picture on my race car works, Raegan and I are expecting the middle of March!!!

BryanL
08-23-2013, 08:29 AM
Congrat guys!! Another one bites the dust. That means Jerry and I are one step closer to more podiums.

rleng1
08-23-2013, 08:49 AM
Congrats. You will be great parents.
So now do we get a different picture. One with daddy, mommy, a bunch of kids ad a dog and cat.

Fbody383
08-23-2013, 10:17 AM
It looks like the picture on my race car works... Practice makes perfect. Congratulations!

AllZWay
08-23-2013, 10:56 AM
Congrats.... Oh man is life about to change. ;)

ShadowBolt
08-23-2013, 12:33 PM
Great job to the both of you. Now you can retire the cowboy hat.

JJ

Rob Liebbe
08-23-2013, 12:39 PM
Congrats - it was nice racing with you. :D

GlennCMC70
08-23-2013, 12:39 PM
Is this a result of sleeping in a tent at Hallett?

Trublu
08-23-2013, 01:19 PM
Great stuff guys

Trublu
08-23-2013, 01:21 PM
Pip has offered one of ours (long term loan) to practice with

ShadowBolt
08-23-2013, 01:44 PM

The math is close.

JJ

BlueFirePony
08-23-2013, 02:28 PM
Congrats to you guys!

AllZWay
08-23-2013, 02:30 PM

Isn't that how Sam got this baby too. :D

Rob Liebbe
08-23-2013, 03:27 PM
Isn't that how Sam got this baby too. :D

I'm not sure I could handle sex and racing both in the same weekend, too much excitement.

GlennCMC70
08-23-2013, 03:52 PM
I'm not sure I could handle sex and racing both in the same weekend, too much excitement.

So if Micheal won any races that weekend, maybee he isn't the father....????? Just saying.........

Congrats to both of you!

smitty328
08-23-2013, 07:44 PM
That's awesome! Congrats to both of you.

Racebrat
08-23-2013, 09:02 PM
Awesome- Congrats!!! Pam (the grid girl that Glenn make cry) and her hubby Jake are expecting #3 around the same time! The NASA Texas family is growing by leaps and bounds!!! Can't wait to love on all the new babies! :-)

GlennCMC70
08-24-2013, 01:20 AM
Awesome- Congrats!!! Pam (the grid girl that Glenn make cry) and her hubby Jake are expecting #3 around the same time! The NASA Texas family is growing by leaps and bounds!!! Can't wait to love on all the new babies! :-)

Really? Ya had to go there. And I was going out of my way to be nice.

Racebrat
08-24-2013, 07:38 PM
Really? Ya had to go there. And I was going out of my way to be nice.

LOL!!! Just make note that my kid replaced her on the grid so go ahead- try to make the new girl cry- she's so much like her momma, you'll be sorry! :-)

Wade
08-26-2013, 01:46 PM
Congrats Mosty's!

Wade
08-26-2013, 01:56 PM
Fixed it for you.

BlueFirePony
09-03-2013, 03:30 PM
Packed Kyri up in a 14 ft Uhaul and sent him on his way to Ohio with 1/2 of the truck taken up by his spare engines, tools and go-cart. Kid travels light :/
Started life like most of us - not having a clue.
Enjoyed 16 years bouncing around breaking just about anything he touched and not having much direction at all, but being a fun kid to be around.
Then 17 hit and he started to figure it all out. Joined the National Guard as a very proud young American, became a fantastic friend to anyone who needed him and quickly found enjoyment and aptitude with everything mechanical and enjoyed working on electronics as well. Since then he has not met an engine, transmission or chassis he has not tamed, including the finicky original 302 and top loader 3-speed that now drives my wife's '68 Mustang coupe. And he and I have plenty of cool electronics projects underway.
I know he enjoyed spending countless hours crawling under and around many of your cars helping anyone in a jam and otherwise just hanging out. If things go according to plan he'll be at Hallet next year and/or Mid-O.
So proud to see him start this next part of his life journey.

marshall_mosty
09-03-2013, 10:25 PM
Packed Kyri up in a 14 ft Uhaul and sent him on his way to Ohio with 1/2 of the truck taken up by his spare engines, tools and go-cart. Kid travels light :/
Started life like most of us - not having a clue.
Enjoyed 16 years bouncing around breaking just about anything he touched and not having much direction at all, but being a fun kid to be around.
Then 17 hit and he started to figure it all out. Joined the National Guard as a very proud young American, became a fantastic friend to anyone who needed him and quickly found enjoyment and aptitude with everything mechanical and enjoyed working on electronics as well. Since then he has not met an engine, transmission or chassis he has not tamed, including the finicky original 302 and top loader 3-speed that now drives my wife's '68 Mustang coupe. And he and I have plenty of cool electronics projects underway.
I know he enjoyed spending countless hours crawling under and around many of your cars helping anyone in a jam and otherwise just hanging out. If things go according to plan he'll be at Hallet next year and/or Mid-O.
So proud to see him start this next part of his life journey.

Congrats Brian... Must be a proud Daddy..

BlueFirePony
09-04-2013, 09:50 AM
Thanks Marshall. Definately proud...it's a great feeling when your kids plant both feet firmly on a path they enjoy. I have pretty simple focus in life...faith, family and friends. When those are going well, I am good.
Proud of all my kids - the other 3 are all finding their paths as well.
Chelsea is taking a year off before she jumps into vet school - I'm seeing more of her this summer than I did the whole previous 4 years of college.
Cameron is back in gear working with his mother building the game studio (BTW, beta testers for Android, Facebook and others will be needed this month - causual games.....PM me if interested) while also working toward becoming a talented gunsmith.
Chris is working hard to graduate from the Wildlife Management program and becoming a very good nature photog - has his mother's creative eye - I still clip off peoples heads :/

This group has a great bunch of fathers (and fathers-to-be). I've enjoyed the heck out of the time I've spent with your Dad, and JP's Dad as well! And the father/son teams are what keep me motivated and working toward getting back on track. Even though Kyri and I have spent a good amount of time at the track together starting in 2006, we still have not been on track at the same time, so I am still working toward that.

Wade
09-04-2013, 01:19 PM
Check out the just released NASA Speed News. Not sure that was the coverage that we were hoping for.... Jerry, you should have kept your mouth shut whining about not getting any recognition at Hallett! Congrats on being the star of the GoPro movie of the month.

BryanL
09-04-2013, 03:44 PM
Check out the just released NASA Speed News. Not sure that was the coverage that we were hoping for.... Jerry, you should have kept your mouth shut whining about not getting any recognition at Hallett! Congrats on being the star of the GoPro movie of the month.

Yeah, I wonder who submitted that move to bring it up again and rub Jerry's nose in it. I'll be looking for my move at Hallett in next month's issue.

David Love AI27
09-05-2013, 01:10 PM
And I was going out of my way to be nice.

Thats a long trip for you... just sayin'.. ;-)

Sidney
09-05-2013, 01:25 PM
Are the Texas drivers sandbagging again? Midwest drivers take 1,2,3 in first round qualifying at Nationals.

Sidney

David Love AI27
09-05-2013, 01:34 PM
Are the Texas drivers sandbagging again? Midwest drivers take 1,2,3 in first round qualifying at Nationals.

Sidney

To take a line from Days of Thunder... I'm not going faster, everyone else is slowing down

Sidney
09-05-2013, 04:00 PM
What's the scoop on McSpadden? He's 2 to 3 seconds faster than the rest of the field in every session. Started at the back in first race due to no qualifying time and passed the entire field with a fast lap 2 seconds faster than 2nd place. And here I thought CMC was a competitive class with close times!

BryanL
09-05-2013, 04:29 PM
Typical guy from Texas who is faster than the rest of the country. First year in CMC and came from Miata's. I figured he would win nats with ease. Oh-and it's a Mustang-how many years has it been since a Chevy has won nats? Maybe 5?

GlennCMC70
09-05-2013, 05:04 PM
Typical guy from Texas who is faster than the rest of the country. First year in CMC and came from Miata's. I figured he would win nats with ease. Oh-and it's a Mustang-how many years has it been since a Chevy has won nats? Maybe 5?

You Chevy guys need to pool your money and send me back. I have a pretty good track record. It would be a worthy investment.

Sidney
09-05-2013, 05:38 PM

I'm...not sure...I buy that. Started from the back and passed the entire field and ran 1.6 seconds faster than 2nd place while doing it? I would think CMC rules are way too tight for any car/driver combo to put nearly 2 seconds between first and second place in a National race.

Has he been putting the rest of the Texas field that far down? Did he run Hallett?

Sidney
09-05-2013, 05:40 PM
You Chevy guys need to pool your money and send me back. I have a pretty good track record. It would be a worthy investment.

And why aren't you at Nationals? Guess I haven't been following that closely this year. You not running?

GlennCMC70
09-05-2013, 06:22 PM
I'm...not sure...I buy that. Started from the back and passed the entire field and ran 1.6 seconds faster than 2nd place while doing it? I would think CMC rules are way too tight for any car/driver combo to put nearly 2 seconds between first and second place in a National race.

Has he been putting the rest of the Texas field that far down? Did he run Hallett?

He was a top 3-5 car from day 1 with us. He has a few years running a SPEC Miata. He's likely learned a few things running those cars. He is a great driver and very detail oriented. There has already been a DQ. If he is not in compliance, let the Tech shed catch him. He'sbeen very clean here.

GlennCMC70
09-05-2013, 06:25 PM
And why aren't you at Nationals? Guess I haven't been following that closely this year. You not running?

Havent ran Nat's since 2009. Don't have the funds to do it anymore. I went for 4 years straight and many of them on the dime of Sponsors and good friends who didn't think I should be at home for Nats.

FYI - I like my 2006 3rd place finish out of 23 more than any other year of Nat's I ran.

Rob Liebbe
09-06-2013, 07:40 AM

Two (or was it three) years since a certain Mustang driver lost, then won, then lost the CMC championship in a Camaro.

BlueFirePony
09-06-2013, 08:29 AM
Two (or was it three) years since a certain Mustang driver lost, then won, then lost the CMC championship in a Camaro.
We were all cheering that certain Mustang driver on too...heartbreaking.

BryanL
09-06-2013, 09:07 AM

Was that CMC 1 or 2 or after it merged back to CMC? I wish they had a list of all the past champions on the nat. site somewhere. I think the S197's won the last 3 since they started showing up as street cars that were driven to/from the track that won. Prior to that Kellam won I think.

Sidney-what part don't you buy? I could make it clearer that he is a typical Texas Trophy Girl. Not everyone in Texas is that fast of course. He is a smooth driver with a well setup car. All true that he was in a miata and this is his first year in CMC. He only did 2 events with us. Pretty sure he won his first race and maybe all that he finished? I would have bet that he would win unless he has a mechanica. But just because it's nats doesn't mean its the fastest cars in the country. From my vantage point on some in the field I'm surprised he isn't more than 2 seconds faster than some. Has CMC run at that track in that configuration before? What were the times?

Sidney
09-06-2013, 09:43 AM
Has CMC run at that track in that configuration before? What were the times?

I'm just surprised that any new driver can come along with an old Mustang and run faster than guys that have been developing the Fox for years. The rules haven't changed and the S197's are gone. Again...just surprised there is room left to develop this chassis.

The Midwest guys that qualified 1,2,3 yesterday are pretty fast. They are faster than last year and setting track records. Records that Ander's set in his S197. These 3 have also been faster than Bob Denton all year and he ran fairly well at Hallet in June against you guys. If memory serves me I believe he won one of the races but may have been an inverted start. Either way he's always been considered very fast and has been the benchmark until 2013 when he built and is developing his new 4th gen.

For any car/driver combo to put 2 to 3 seconds on the Midwest guys makes me question how it's happening knowing the rules have been stable and the Texas guys have been running Mustangs for years and not been able to put that kind of distance between an old Fox and the 4th gens.

Sidney

Suck fumes
09-06-2013, 10:22 AM
I have a 2004 GT not a fox

BryanL
09-06-2013, 10:32 AM
I'm just surprised that any new driver can come along with an old Mustang and run faster than guys that have been developing the Fox for years. The rules haven't changed and the S197's are gone. Again...just surprised there is room left to develop this chassis.

The Midwest guys that qualified 1,2,3 yesterday are pretty fast. They are faster than last year and setting track records. Records that Ander's set in his S197. These 3 have also been faster than Bob Denton all year and he ran fairly well at Hallet in June against you guys. If memory serves me I believe he won one of the races but may have been an inverted start. Either way he's always been considered very fast and has been the benchmark until 2013 when he built and is developing his new 4th gen.

For any car/driver combo to put 2 to 3 seconds on the Midwest guys makes me question how it's happening knowing the rules have been stable and the Texas guys have been running Mustangs for years and not been able to put that kind of distance between an old Fox and the 4th gens.

Sidney

Aaron isn't in a Fox and he isn't a new driver-it is an SN95 I think (I don't know the SN95/99 stuff). The last driver in Texas that spent time developing an SN chassis also won Nats-Kellam so it shouldn't be too surprising. Are there any fast Fox drivers at Nats? Just because a guy has been driving a chassis for years doesn't mean they have been developing it or testing it either. Plenty of people (me included) have driven a car only to find out later there was a problem like a blown shock, etc. Very few do any actual testing or setup changes. Kudos to Aaron for his driving and setup skills along with his builder Jason Massey at Illicit.

Rob Liebbe
09-06-2013, 03:42 PM
Was that CMC 1 or 2 or after it merged back to CMC?

Last year of CMC1. I actually had to convert the car from CMC2 trim back down to CMC1.

GlennCMC70
09-08-2013, 01:13 PM
Today I finished what I started yesterday...... I finally did some brake service to the tow rig.
167,000 miles. I have owned it since new. I have never performed any brake work on truck or had anyone do any for me.
Factory stock everything down to the fluid - all w/ 167,000 miles.
Hydroboost was leaking (failed visual on state inspection - been that way for 5 years) so I swapped that. New master went in as well since I was going to flush the fluid and didn't want it to fail a week later, and new front rotors since they were warped. Put the OEM stock pads back on since they still have 1/4" of pad before I get to the wear clips. New P/S fluid since the old had 167K on it. I wil likely need new rear rotors and pads along w/ new pads in a year or two. Flushed 2.5 large bottles of fluid through it and it stops like a new truck! I also used to get an ABS and BRAKE warning light on the dash. I don't get that anymore. When swaping the master fluid res over, we cleaned it. Once cleaned we could hear a clink sound inside. It didn't do that before we cleaned it. There is a magnet inside the res. There is a sensor under that. The fluid floats the magnet. If the fluid gets low, the magnet trips the sensor and tells you your brake fluid is low. W/ the old ass fluid in there, it was all gunned up causing the magnet to stick when I hit bumps (bumps seemed to cause the ABS and BRAKE warning lights to come on). After a long test drive, that seems to be fixed.

I have read reports of 200,000 on stock brakes on this year modle group of GM 2500HD's.

Pranav
09-08-2013, 10:42 PM
Got my new motor all ready to go in the car tomorrow. Might get it running tomorrow night, hope to get up to TWS this Friday for a solid shake down.

Fbody383
09-09-2013, 03:34 PM
Got my new motor all ready to go in the car tomorrow. Might get it running tomorrow night, hope to get up to TWS this Friday for a solid shake down. Very nice... just don't tailgate Glenn through the tunnel.

AllZWay
09-09-2013, 04:52 PM
Got my new motor all ready to go in the car tomorrow. Might get it running tomorrow night, hope to get up to TWS this Friday for a solid shake down.

I finally got mine all back together with a rebuilt engine. I will dyno it tomorrow and find out if it will hold together for that. I won't make TWS in time for any practice... but sure would like to see if it could make some practice time before I race it. I keep going out to the shop and running it for 5-20 minutes at varying RPM's to try and break it in some.

BlueFirePony
09-09-2013, 07:10 PM
Took Mandy for an extended drive with my wife - love it when I get to drive.
At some point I'd like to dyno that car...seems she's got a lot more pull than I'd thought she'd have..easily rip the wheels free grabbing second and have to be real careful pulling away at lights...especially since any cop around is staring right at us. :) Not sure if I posted pix on here before, but here's After (still need to get the rocker molding re-done), In-between and Before.

Working on this car has me seriously thinking about a 68/69 coupe as the next racecar instead of an S197 - while we were building Mandy out we spec'd what we could do - we'll see...need to see what happens at the end of the year with my contracts before I pull any triggers.
Was hoping to take a drive to TWS for the race weekend but we've got a ton of work to do before end of month (Anna's entered in a Microsoft sponsored game contest that ends at the end of the month).

At anyrate, sounds like a lot of you are getting your cars in shape so hope everyone has a great time in a couple weeks!

marshall_mosty
09-13-2013, 06:46 PM
Took #67 to MSR-C for some well needed shakedown testing to ensure the cooling issue and transmission issues are resolved. Car ran like a top. Motor seemed a bit weak, so I'll address that in the offseason with hopefully a new tune.

Put another control module on the ABS system, but to no avail... Not sure what is wrong. Either a wheel sensor or the HCU. There is a test procedure that isn't too in depth on the wheel sensors, so will probably try that in the off-season.

The Astro A-5 gear set worked VERY well. Thanks to Tony at Astro for talking me thru building another T-5. To see the 2 gearsets next 2 each other is crazy...
http://www.astroperformance.com/

Trublu
09-13-2013, 07:22 PM
Great news Marshall, I've been feeling your pain.

Had a successful day myself; managed to tame the excess horsepower the new setup gave with a few Dyno hours, a little tweaking and some crafty restrictor plate adjustment. Now for a full weekend of suspension set up...

Pranav
09-13-2013, 11:58 PM
Got it running late tonight. Only had it running long enough to verify there were no crunching/tapping/knocking noises or any fluids gushing out, dad said I can't run the car after 8pm in his house. Still got to finish cleaning up everything under the hood before I can drive it.

Rob Liebbe
09-14-2013, 06:49 AM
Flew over this yesterday - looks like fun. It is the Texas DPS Training Facility NW of Georgetown. I don't think they will let us use it.

edrock96GT
09-14-2013, 08:23 AM
Flew over this yesterday - looks like fun. It is the Texas DPS Training Facility NW of Georgetown. I don't think they will let us use it.

Well they should. Pretty sure we paid for it...

michaelmosty
09-14-2013, 12:15 PM
I ran the S197 street car at Cresson while testing w/ Marshall. I put some old Toyo's on it and started with a full tank of gas. I couldn't do more than 4-5 laps before the brakes started feeling like crap but still was running 1:28's.
I now feel it was a good decision removing the S197 from CMC b/c it would have been a class killer. It is like you are on a Sunday drive. It has 3.31 gears and was very interesting pulling 3rd gear to 110 mph into rattlesnake. It got 6 mpg.

Racebrat
09-14-2013, 02:38 PM
Well they should. Pretty sure we paid for it...

True, Eddie.....very true!!

Fbody383
10-17-2013, 10:00 AM
New front brakes, cleaned the MAF and got rid of the helmholtz resonator, quick adjustment on the too hard to deal with coilovers (on a chassis that didn't come with them), flipped four tires, pulled the nose to get the brake ducts in better. Need to change oil, check it over, get it aligned and go beat up the #24...

Therapeutic for sure.

Storm Trooper
10-17-2013, 06:32 PM
New front brakes, cleaned the MAF and got rid of the helmholtz resonator, quick adjustment on the too hard to deal with coilovers (on a chassis that didn't come with them), flipped four tires, pulled the nose to get the brake ducts in better. Need to change oil, check it over, get it aligned and go beat up the #24...

Therapeutic for sure.
That's what I call fun!

Rob Liebbe
10-24-2013, 02:23 PM
While not technically what I did today, but my 15 year old son William has been busy getting his glider pilot's license. See link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WtGH_5bjrU
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WtGH_5bjrU)
Next month he starts learning to drive a car, then I will be nervous.

cobra132
10-24-2013, 03:44 PM
That's pretty cool. You're a good dad!!

Racebrat
10-24-2013, 04:11 PM
That's awesome Rob! You interested in teaching Kaleigh how to drive? Two for one! :-)

ShadowBolt
10-24-2013, 06:18 PM
While not technically what I did today, but my 15 year old son William has been busy getting his glider pilot's license. See link.

Anyone beside Corey and I know what the yarn is for?

JJ

AI#97
10-24-2013, 09:04 PM
Anyone beside Corey and I know what the yarn is for?

JJ

Airflow/stall indicator...? Low tech. If it's flopping around it means you are too far nose up?

smitty328
10-24-2013, 09:27 PM
It’s for knitting while you wait for someone to pick you up because you missed the last thermal back to the airport.

ShadowBolt
10-25-2013, 06:58 AM
Airflow/stall indicator...? Low tech. If it's flopping around it means you are too far nose up?

It's called a yaw string or slip string. It measures sideslip angle. It was the first heads up display.

JJ

David Love AI27
10-27-2013, 09:20 PM
It's called a yaw string or slip string. It measures sideslip angle. It was the first heads up display.

JJ

I did a tour of a glider museum last week and they guide started to explain and blurted "slip angle"... he asked if I flew and I said "only in a car"... ;-)

www.swsoaringmuseum.org/‎

y5e06
11-08-2013, 10:30 AM
Went to a great game last night.
Apparently the guys in black won....
OU - Baylor

michaelmosty
11-08-2013, 10:44 AM
Baylor is scary good this year!!!
We are heading to the Tech / K-State game this weekend. I hope there is no cow smell in Lubbock this weekend...

Waco Racer
11-08-2013, 02:00 PM
Went to a great game last night.
Apparently the guys in black won....
OU - Baylor

I was directly across from you. What a great game.

ShadowBolt
11-08-2013, 02:13 PM
I really did not think Baylor's defense was as good as they are. I'm a little worried about Tevin Reese and Lache Seastrunk.

JJ

martinsntx
11-09-2013, 02:45 AM
Doesn't Lubbock always smell? Good luck this weekend!

rleng1
11-09-2013, 01:54 PM

Good job William, bloody cool.

marshall_mosty
11-13-2013, 09:47 PM
Just sitting here thinking how cool it would be to have a lama named Barak O'Lama....

http://images.wikia.com/nao/pl/images/d/d4/20080531200224_lama.jpg

Rob Liebbe
11-14-2013, 09:55 AM
Just sitting here thinking how cool it would be to have a lama named Barak O'Lama....

http://www.fotoblog.refocus.de/index.php?showimage=274 I LIKE it!!!

edrock96GT
11-14-2013, 05:23 PM
"If you like your llama, you can keep your llama..."

Pranav
11-20-2013, 05:40 PM
Just got off a quick/emergency conference call with my employer over health plans. We were presented with the option at the last minute to "re-up" out existing plans starting on 12/1 and basically keep the same plans we had with a 15-20% rate increase across the board.

Right now I'm on at $200/mo, $5k deductible plan; my employer pays the monthly premium and also kicks over $185/month into an HSA to take a dent out of the deductible. They've already said they'll go ahead and eat the new tax for 2014 and see what they can do about the rate increase, some or most of which would likely just be passed on to me as a decrease in monthly HSA contributions. No biggie for me since I don't get sick often.

The other option was to renew on 1/1 and get fully obamacare-compliant plans. If we waited 'till then, my plan would've gone from $200/month to almost $450. Being a smaller company of 80 employees, we don't have much negotiating power...

Midterm elections are in 2014; hope we can kick the dems out just long enough to fix this clusterfuck.

GlennCMC70
11-20-2013, 07:15 PM
I signed up for my last class I need for my AAS. I know that is small potatoes to pretty much everyone here, but I am pretty glad about it.
I am thinking about my BS now. Just not sure where to start and how big a task I am biting off. I would love to get some input from those who have done it the hard way like i am.

Trublu
11-20-2013, 08:37 PM
I signed up for my last class I need for my AAS. I know that is small potatoes to pretty much everyone here, but I am pretty glad about it.
I am thinking about my BS now. Just not sure where to start and how big a task I am biting off. I would love to get some input from those who have done it the hard way like i am.

Good for you mate. As for advice, I graduated (with honors) from the school of hard knocks and may not be qualified to give any.

smitty328
11-20-2013, 11:15 PM

That's awesome Glenn, way to go!

AllZWay
11-21-2013, 09:08 AM
That's awesome Glenn, way to go!

I agree.. I was hard enough to get through college working full time before a wife and kids... I don't think it would be possible now.

Fbody383
11-21-2013, 02:28 PM
I signed up for my last class I need for my AAS. I know that is small potatoes to pretty much everyone here, but I am pretty glad about it. Absolutely NOT small potatoes... too many people in this country not willing to make any sacrifice to move ahead.

I am thinking about my BS now. Just not sure where to start and how big a task I am biting off. I would love to get some input from those who have done it the hard way like i am. Can you articulate why you want your BS? If it is just "because" that's perfectly fine. Is there a career goal that can/will be met by the diploma? Is there another path, technical certificate, etc. that accomplishes the same thing? Would you take classes online or in person?

Couldn't hurt to visit with the school and find a counselour or similar adults (maybe a referral to an adult study group) to get some real perspective on the time comittment before you.

Or said otherwise... that's awesome, you go girl!

kbrewmr2
11-21-2013, 03:29 PM
congrats Glenn!

BlueFirePony
11-21-2013, 05:16 PM

Good for you Glenn. Completing goals related to education, skills etc. - nothing small about that and it sounds like you are stoked! I'd offer you advice but I've had everything handed to me....

GlennCMC70
11-21-2013, 07:00 PM
I am really not sure what to do next. This degree really gets me nothing at this point in my life other than I can say I have it instead of I almost have it.
Do I go for some type of management degree or is it worth working on an engineering degree.

Pranav
11-22-2013, 08:25 AM
Engineering, specifically engineering technology. I think with your background you could do well with one of the Engineering technology programs out there; anyone near you offering a good engineering electronics technology program?

GlennCMC70
11-22-2013, 08:49 AM
Engineering, specifically engineering technology. I think with your background you could do well with one of the Engineering technology programs out there; anyone near you offering a good engineering electronics technology program?

That is what I need to figure out. Not really intrested in a EE. I've had electronics repair training and was trained down to the component level. Not fun stuff.
When I first enlisted I was suposed to be a jet engine mechanic. At the last minute I changed my path to electronics repair. I know w/ 100% certainty I would have been more successful as a mechanic as it comes really easy to me. I also know I would have had to do much more physical work as well. Pretty much why I ended up in electronics.
My age is something to consider. At best I'll be 45-46 if I work my ass off to get my BS (in anything). Where does that put me carre wise w/ an ME? I'm really thinking some type of buisiness managment would be better, but I'm worried about my intrest level.
Good stuff Pranav. Thanks.

Pranav
11-22-2013, 08:58 AM
Yeah that's why I suggested engineering technology; compared to the full-on engineering degrees the pre-req requirement/load is much lighter; you aren't stuck taking a bunch of extra match/physics/chem/thermo junk so I assume you should be able to get thru it quick. Those guys are still finishing school and getting some good salary numbers; I know a couple that are doing pretty well for themselves right now.

There are different variants of this kind of program; at A&M during my time they had three: mechanical/manufacturing, electronics, and industrial distribution.

kbrewmr2
11-22-2013, 09:59 AM
Of course the entry level engineer is going to push entry level engineering. Seems like it'd be a reboot / change of carreer paths to me....

Aren't you starting to oversee people Glenn - you know, manage them - in your current role & path within your company? Even if you changed companies wouldn't you be at a similar level & overseeing people?

Trublu
11-22-2013, 10:01 AM
With your background I'd be seriously considering an Oilfield position, particularly in the subsea discipline. The business is booming and the discipline is the most in demand with one of the highest pay. Besides that you've already got plenty of contacts.....

marshall_mosty
11-22-2013, 10:34 AM
UNT has a good Engineering Technology program. We've picked up a few good engineers (both mechanical and electrical) from their program.

marshall_mosty
11-22-2013, 10:36 AM
Got the transmission pulled and front cluster gear race resealed. Also pulled the rear diff cover pulled and reinstalled. Hopefully no more leaky rear... That's embarrasing.

cjlmlml
11-25-2013, 10:06 AM
TOOLS AND HOW TO USE THEM

SKIL SAW:
A portable cutting tool used to make boards too short.

BELT SANDER:
An electric sanding tool commonly used to convert minor touch-up jobs into major refinishing jobs.

WIRE WHEEL:
Cleans paint off bolts and then throws them somewhere under the workbench with the speed of light. Also removes fingerprints and hard-earned calluses from fingers in about the time it takes you to say, 'Oh shit'.

DRILL PRESS:
A tall upright machine useful for suddenly snatching flat metal bar stock out of your hands so that it smacks you in the chest and flings your beer across the room, denting the freshly-painted project which you had carefully set in the corner where nothing could get to it.

Channel Locks:
Used to round off bolt heads. Sometimes used in the creation of blood-blisters.

HACKSAW:
One of a family of cutting tools built on the Ouija board principle... It transforms human energy into a crooked, unpredictable motion, and the more you attempt to influence its course, the more dismal your future becomes.

VISE-GRIPS:
Generally used after pliers to completely round off bolt heads. If nothing else is available, they can also be used to transfer intense welding heat to the palm of your hand.

OXYACETYLENE TORCH:
Used almost entirely for igniting various flammable objects in your shop and creating a fire. Also handy for igniting the grease inside the wheel hub out of which you want to remove a bearing race.

TABLE SAW:
A large stationary power tool commonly used to launch wood projectiles for testing wall integrity.

Very effective for digit removal !!

HYDRAULIC FLOOR JACK:
Used for lowering an automobile to the ground after you have installed your new brake shoes, trapping the jack handle firmly under the bumper.

BAND SAW:
A large stationary power saw primarily used by most shops to cut large pieces into smaller pieces that more easily fit into the trash after you cut on the inside of the line instead of the outside edge. Also good for Digit Removal

TWO-TON ENGINE HOIST:
A tool for testing the maximum tensile strength of all the crap you forgot to disconnect.

PHILLIPS SCREWDRIVER:
Normally used to stab the vacuum seals under lids or for opening old-style paper-and-tin oil cans and splashing oil on your shirt; but can also be used, as the name implies, to strip out Phillips screw heads.

STRAIGHT SCREWDRIVER:
A tool for opening paint cans. Sometimes used to convert common slotted screws into non-removable screws and butchering your palms.

PRY BAR:
A tool used to crumple the metal surrounding that clip or bracket you needed to remove in order to replace a 50 cent part.

PVC PIPE CUTTER:
A tool used to make plastic pipe too short.

HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the object we are trying to hit.

UTILITY KNIFE:
Used to open and slice through the contents of cardboard cartons delivered to your front door. Works particularly well on contents such as seats, vinyl records, liquids in plastic bottles, collector magazines, refund checks, and rubber or plastic parts. Especially useful for slicing work clothes, but only while in use.

SON OF A BITCH TOOL:
Any handy tool that you grab and throw across the garage while yelling 'Son of a bitch' at the top of your lungs. It is also, most often, the next tool that you will need.

Fbody383
01-31-2014, 12:57 PM
Corey, pass this on to your better half:

But the only people who hated the body-scanners more than the public were TSA employees themselves. Many of my co-workers felt uncomfortable even standing next to the radiation-emitting machines we were forcing members of the public to stand inside. Several told me they submitted formal requests for dosimeters, to measure their exposure to radiation. The agency’s stance was that dosimeters were not necessary—the radiation doses from the machines were perfectly acceptable, they told us. We would just have to take their word for it. When concerned passengers—usually pregnant women—asked how much radiation the machines emitted and whether they were safe, we were instructed by our superiors to assure them everything was fine.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/01/tsa-screener-confession-102912_Page2.html#.UuvizvldXAQ

rleng1
02-02-2014, 08:15 PM
While in the UK, I've noticed how good the meats, vegetables, and fruits are in the UK. Besides zapping you in the airports, the FDA is poisoning you at the supermarket. Think about it.

marshall_mosty
02-06-2014, 04:42 PM
Baby has a new set of shoes... and then some.

https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1/r90/1184759_10200493133050225_2055090174_n.jpg

blk96gt
02-09-2014, 07:42 PM
Been getting a noise from the rear of the car, and after taking a look noticed that the bushing on the passenger's side upper control arm had somehow pushed it's way out of the metal sleeve and the metal sleeve was rubbing against the control arm. My plan was just to replace the bushing, but after taking the control arm off and having a look I'm thinking I probably need to replace it, or at least reinforce it.

marshall_mosty
02-09-2014, 09:28 PM
Kevin,
That is pretty par for the course on the axle side of a quadra-bind rear suspension. Needs to be an annual watch item for sure.

marshall_mosty
02-09-2014, 09:34 PM
Got down to the shop and got the new spindle installed. Quarter panel, nose, and fender are repaired and painted. Tightened a host of loose bolts as a result of the contact (rack bushings and forward heim joint on the control arms). Changed mounting points on the lowers at the k-member, but that now necessitates more custom crap. Napkin sketch complete and will get to the machinist tomorrow. Glad he likes this "one off" stuff.

Fixed the 2 wheels. Should have had the estimate first, as it almost cost as much to fix as buying new. Oh well.

New springs are also in the way to help keep the splitter off the ground under braking. Hopefully another 125 lbs/in in the front will do the trick.

Rear swaybar rotated a bit, so welded the mounts to the axle tubes. Guess I should have done that to start with.

Still have another 2 full days or so before it's 100% ready.

kbrewmr2
02-10-2014, 09:26 AM
installed this guy - had to string the horizontal 2x4s because of the jacked up "ehhh, that's close enough to 16" on center" stud spacing the bieeeellllders went with - track for the rack ASSumed you had someone build the wall who knew what a measuring tape looked like.

http://www.hyloft.com/

pretty happy with it - will definitely be getting at least a second one to go side-by-side. Would easily handle anything from the tiny stuff I run to CMC/AI size to even AIX size set of tires. Rated for 400lbs total.

Aannnd did some other misc garage organization while I was at it.

Tilton
02-10-2014, 12:53 PM
Been getting a noise from the rear of the car, and after taking a look noticed that the bushing on the passenger's side upper control arm had somehow pushed it's way out of the metal sleeve and the metal sleeve was rubbing against the control arm. My plan was just to replace the bushing, but after taking the control arm off and having a look I'm thinking I probably need to replace it, or at least reinforce it.

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/Ford-Mustang-Rear-Upper-Control-Arms-solid-axle-1979-04-P544.aspx

Ask Jerry how happy he is about replacing them.

blk96gt
02-10-2014, 01:01 PM
The bushings and arms were replaced at the beginning of 2013, so they've got about 8 weekends on them.

michaelmosty
02-10-2014, 01:52 PM
The bushings and arms were replaced at the beginning of 2013, so they've got about 8 weekends on them.
I'm sorry to hear of that Kevin.
Bottom line, it doesn't matter if you run the stock 4-link, the PM3L, have stock bushings, poly, or spherical. The 4-link suspension is just going to continue to destroy itself.

The best option out there is to spend $650 for the kit Jerry installed, then pay hundreds more to install it (or be fortunate enough to do it yourself), then pay hundreds on top of that for new UCA's, and then your upper issue will be fixed. Of course, then you'll still have the lowers to worry about.
The $400-500 torque arm is looking like a nicer solution IMO.

blk96gt
02-10-2014, 02:11 PM
How long are most people normally getting out of the bushings/control arms running a normal 4-link setup?

If I would have noticed the bushing had pushed out of the sleeve sooner, I think my control arm would still be OK to use. With the amount of metal that got removed though, I didn't really think it was a good idea to try to re-use it.

The bushings are $40/set and I'm only replacing one side since the other is still good. Only took about an hour or so to get the control arm and old bushing out and the new bushing pressed in using the Maximum Motorsports removal/installation tool. I didn't have to take anything else loose from the suspension either, so while it's not something I just want to have to do every year, it's not a complete pain in the ass to get it done. I just need to be more vigilant in the future and check the bushings after every weekend and hope I don't destroy a control arm if this happens again.

ShadowBolt
02-10-2014, 02:56 PM
How long are most people normally getting out of the bushings/control arms running a normal 4-link setup?

If I would have noticed the bushing had pushed out of the sleeve sooner, I think my control arm would still be OK to use. With the amount of metal that got removed though, I didn't really think it was a good idea to try to re-use it.

The bushings are $40/set and I'm only replacing one side since the other is still good. Only took about an hour or so to get the control arm and old bushing out and the new bushing pressed in using the Maximum Motorsports removal/installation tool. I didn't have to take anything else loose from the suspension either, so while it's not something I just want to have to do every year, it's not a complete pain in the ass to get it done. I just need to be more vigilant in the future and check the bushings after every weekend and hope I don't destroy a control arm if this happens again.

When I was running the PM3L I was tearing up a upper control arm (the rubber in it) every other race weekend. I have no idea how long they will last with my current four link set-up. If I remember the last set of uppers I purchased from Maximum they were $220.00 per set plus shipping. As far as I know it's a single source. Oh and since I was going through so many uppers I decided to try what Michael was using on his car. I installed the Polyurethane bushing in the uppers. That is when I tore out the complete upper torque boxes.

JJ

blk96gt
02-10-2014, 03:02 PM
They're still $220/set from MM. That doesn't include axle side bushings, so add another $40.

David Love AI27
02-15-2014, 01:32 AM
While in the UK, I've noticed how good the meats, vegetables, and fruits are in the UK. Besides zapping you in the airports, the FDA is poisoning you at the supermarket. Think about it.

Historically that have had small refrigerators, so lots of meat and produce to to market quickly and get sold and cooked within a few days...

My Aunt would go the the stores every other day, I can remember some awesome meals at her house..

Pranav
02-16-2014, 02:00 PM
I don't wanna offend anyone, but when you look at Ag/food in the US;

1. Everything has high frucose corn syrup in it
2. We let the most amount of crap (blood, puss, hormones) into our "standard" dairy milk
3. Our meat sucks
4. Pesticides in everything
5. Poor people have access to the worst food possible
6. Every school has soda vending machines in them

All this focus on fixing healthcare, I mean making health insurance companies rich, none on what's slowly killing us; I always thought just taxing the "bad" stuff (corn syrup, booze, cigarettes, sodas, etc) would've been a better way to pay for poor people's medical needs rather than screw healthcare up for all of us.

Sad if you think about it.

I myself have cut out dairy milk from my diet (i'll consume it if something i'm eating was made with it, but I drink almond milk at night now), try to avoid the corn syrup as much as I can, and just make sure I eat "good" meat as much as I can.

That being said I won't pretend to be some health nut, I still will chow down on a #1 with a coke at McD's every once in a while. Maybe that's why I'm still fat.

BlueFirePony
02-17-2014, 01:05 PM
1. Everything has high frucose corn syrup in it

Did a lot of work with a company that had some of the top chemists/biologists in the world specializing in the evolution (or really de-evolution) of enzymes and in particular saccarides in various regions of the world. Our bodies are built to utilize many of the enzymes and in particular a good handful of the saccarides that are being filtered out of our food and drink. Since we have several pathways for metabolizing fuel we can adapt but that does not mean it will lead to a better or even good evolution of our systems.
Major failing of public schools is that most people haven't got a clue how to keep themselves healthy.
I gained 30 lbs and got into shitty health (compared to when I was in my 30's) but I know why and I also knew how to lose that 30 lbs (just weighed myself yesterday and I am at my target weight of 180 for the first time in 15 years...3 lbs lighter than my youngest son.) - now I just need to fix my core (mainly my back muscles and lower spine).

3. Our meat sucks

Not what I eat or anyone that I can convince to do what we do. Best tasting meat and custom butchered, dry aged (22 days usually), cut and packaged to our whims a couple times a year a little more than half of what you'd pay in the store. We've gotten our beef and pork from my wife's uncle and friends of the family for 25 years. Hand fed, minimal shots, raised in the fields with plenty of sun. Best tasting meat you will taste. This year was best ever in fact. Took my bro-laws advice and had our meat cut thicker and man!! outrageously delicious!! Can't wait to get home and cook up one of those packages of pork chops....yummmmm!
One of my clients in Chicagoland goes to Omaha once a year and gets about the same price and quality. F' convenience guys...the 32oz soda days dug the US (and Canada - maybe worse in the GWN) a huge whole in the health department...dig out.

Trublu
02-22-2014, 09:14 AM
Picked up my second fresh engine for 2014. Glad to say the boys at HP came good by offering to zero the labor and machining costs. Great gesture but I thought sharing the cost was more appropriate. About to head out to the shop to stick it in the 65, noise by lunch.....

GlennCMC70
02-22-2014, 09:22 AM
Nice of them and you to do that.

marshall_mosty
02-22-2014, 10:37 AM
Glad to hear Craig. I'm heading to the shop to button mine all the way up tomorrow.

Trublu
02-22-2014, 05:30 PM
The sweet sound of success and a glimmer of hope that the hood can stay shut for a full race weekend.

Trublu
02-22-2014, 05:31 PM
Nice of them and you to do that.

Cheers Glenn, I was real happy they offered.

marshall_mosty
02-23-2014, 09:33 AM
The sweet sound of success and a glimmer of hope that the hood can stay shut for a full race weekend.

Craig,
My goal for the past 2+ seasons is to only torque lugs, add fuel, and adjust ballast. Hasn't happened yet. However, with my contact at MSRH during R1, at least it forced me to keep the hood "down" as I had to cut a hood pin off to get the hood off once it was back at the shop.

Prayers for no mechanical carnage this event!!

Trublu
02-24-2014, 09:27 PM
Craig,
My goal for the past 2+ seasons is to only torque lugs, add fuel, and adjust ballast. Hasn't happened yet. However, with my contact at MSRH during R1, at least it forced me to keep the hood "down" as I had to cut a hood pin off to get the hood off once it was back at the shop.

Prayers for no mechanical carnage this event!!

I hear ya mate

kbrewmr2
02-25-2014, 12:37 PM
I keep spotting more and more good press for this new Ram 1500 with the small diesel:
http://www.dieselpowermag.com/features/dodge/1403_2014_ram_1500_ecodiesel_vs_2500_sibling_rival ry/viewall.html

seems like a good option for those of us that have modest trailers and/or daily drive our trucks... pretty killer mpg in all situations

marshall_mosty
03-19-2014, 05:04 PM
Michael and Raegan welcomed Kaitlynn Shelby Mosty at 1:08pm, 19 1/2", 7lb, 10oz.

Both Mom and baby are doing great and should go home Friday morning

Storm Trooper
03-19-2014, 05:15 PM
Michael and Raegan welcomed Kaitlynn Shelby Mosty at 1:08pm, 19 1/2", 7lb, 10oz.

Both Mom and baby are doing great and should go home Friday morning

Congratulations!

Rob Liebbe
03-19-2014, 05:23 PM
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rsmith350
03-19-2014, 05:51 PM
Woo hoo! Congratulations!

Trublu
03-19-2014, 08:25 PM
Great news guys