PDA

View Full Version : LOTS of seat time today

mitchntx
04-30-2006, 09:13 PM
I lost count of the number of laps after about 2 hours. It was gruelling.

But my speed was consistant the entire time. I had some handling issues come up during a shake down run. Seems as though the steering was a tick loose. But we were able to make some field repairs and get the thing to turn once again.

I ran over some debris and I noticed I had a left front losing air. But it was the only issue I had all day.

Some times the tight, twisty stuff gave me some problems, but I could really stretch the Craftsman mower's legs on the straights.

:twisted:

jeffburch
04-30-2006, 09:28 PM
Sure you didn't twist a few home brews?

Mitch "Twisty" Warren

jpb

marshall_mosty
04-30-2006, 10:33 PM
I ran a partial night race last night too.
Didn't change the oil from last year, but still fired right up. I lowered the suspension to help hug the ground a little. Unfortunately the lower ground clearance made for some additional pit stops. I'm glad the lighting on the back straight worked, otherwise I would have run into the trailer that was parked too close to the course.

Overall, everthing went well. The 'ole 6.75HP is still at the top of its game... I need the anual dyno to prove the output so the neighbors don't start getting upset when I finish before they do...

mitchntx
05-01-2006, 06:45 AM
Sure you didn't twist a few home brews?

Mitch "Twisty" Warren

jpb

There were a couple of bottles floating in the ice chest ....

Rob Liebbe
05-01-2006, 04:49 PM
Got you BOTH beat - the wife mowed ours on Monday after the race!!!

y5e06
05-01-2006, 05:28 PM
Lawn mower? whats that?
I have yet to mow this year. I'm trying to see how tall St. Augastines will grow.... that or seeing what it takes to get the HOA to send me another letter :roll:

AI#97
05-01-2006, 05:49 PM
Lawn mower? whats that?
I have yet to mow this year. I'm trying to see how tall St. Augastines will grow.... that or seeing what it takes to get the HOA to send me another letter :roll:

If you have an enclosed trailer, just park it in front of the house! If they can't see the grass, that big monstrosity in the street will surely take their minds off of some moderately tall grass! :wink:

Todd Covini
05-01-2006, 09:20 PM
I had a "hired gun" last weekend and he finished the race in 1.5 hours! :lol:

-=- T

Boudy
05-02-2006, 09:40 PM
My mower broke a couple years ago so I had to hire a service. Hell, they are in and out in 30 minutes vs my 4 hours. Also, for what they charge, it would take 4 to 5 years to pay for a new mower.

No Brainer. Or at least that's my story... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Boudy

AllZWay
05-03-2006, 08:04 AM
My mower broke a couple years ago so I had to hire a service. Hell, they are in and out in 30 minutes vs my 4 hours. Also, for what they charge, it would take 4 to 5 years to pay for a new mower.

No Brainer. Or at least that's my story... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Boudy

I decided the same thing... For the cost of a good mower to mow our 5 acre place, I could hire someone for about the same as the payment on the mower.......and best of all......The wife bought the whole story. :lol: