PDA

View Full Version : extra shocks on Mustang rear

ShadowBolt
03-30-2008, 05:01 PM
What are the small things that look like shocks on the rear of a Fox Mustang ? They are mounted horizontal. On CMC17 they look like they are the one's that came on the car from the factory in 89. I would assume we don't need them? Should I take them off? I don't know what they were for when new so I sure don't know what they would help on a race car?

JJ

Rob Liebbe
03-30-2008, 07:32 PM
Those are known as quad shocks. They are intended to dampen axle wind-up under hard launches like at the drag strip. Most CMC cars remove them, but I had mine on up until the last event and evidently Eric never removed them. Two of the faster CMC Fox Mustangs run them. Michael Mosty would be proud and/or confused.

Hey Michael, I'm gonna just go ahead and put the quad shocks back on, leave the battery up front and save the money I was going to spend on SN95 lower control arms. You let me know how that looks ----- from behind. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:

michaelmosty
03-31-2008, 09:10 AM
Hey Michael, I'm gonna just go ahead and put the quad shocks back on, leave the battery up front and save the money I was going to spend on SN95 lower control arms. You let me know how that looks ----- from behind. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:
:evil: Thems is fightin words!!!! I'll add your name to the list of GM's that I'm gonna whop up on at TWS.
I did the "super speedway aero package" this weekend to help compensate for that wing that Mitch loves so much. :twisted: