PDA

View Full Version : Video of AI/ AIX car's progress.

ledfoot2
04-08-2008, 04:13 PM
I thought you guys would like to see a video of the Trans Am out for the break-in of the motor. This was shifting at 5000rpm. The motor is loosening up as time goes by. I am still undecided whether I want to put a restrictor place on it to run AI or just let it go and run AIX.

Notice the highly tuned 140,000 mile GM springs!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPRC-jgo59Y

AI#97
04-08-2008, 08:57 PM
I thought you guys would like to see a video of the Trans Am out for the break-in of the motor. This was shifting at 5000rpm. The motor is loosening up as time goes by. I am still undecided whether I want to put a restrictor place on it to run AI or just let it go and run AIX.

Good to hear from ya Raymond! Sounds like CMC power and update your sig! No pats on the back till that thing has a cage and numbers on the door! ;) 8)

ledfoot2
04-08-2008, 09:04 PM

Good to hear from ya Raymond! Sounds like CMC power and update your sig! No pats on the back till that thing has a cage and numbers on the door! ;) 8)

Yeah, I know
It's losing parts as we speak. It has a CMC motor, just like your car, right?

AI#97
04-08-2008, 09:09 PM
Yeah, I know
It's losing parts as we speak. It has a CMC motor, just like your car, right?

OEM block and stock heads... ;) :lol:

Do you have a target date to have it on track with us for a race?

ledfoot2
04-08-2008, 09:41 PM
I don't know if I am going to have it ready before fall. I am going to have everything done but the cage. I might just run it in the TT group until next season.

AI#97
04-09-2008, 02:02 PM
I don't know if I am going to have it ready before fall. I am going to have everything done but the cage. I might just run it in the TT group until next season.

AI or CMC?

ledfoot2
04-09-2008, 02:29 PM
It will definately by AI, maybe even AIX. The motor should be putting out somewhere around 420 or so to the wheels right now. I heard there was a silver Mustang in AIX here in TX that needs a F-body to chase.

AI#97
04-09-2008, 03:20 PM
It will definately by AI, maybe even AIX. The motor should be putting out somewhere around 420 or so to the wheels right now. I heard there was a silver Mustang in AIX here in TX that needs a F-body to chase.

Mine is 100% AI...always has been. Only thing I been chasing this year is a black foxbody GT with a leaky gas tank! :lol:

Thats a lot of power for an AI car, even for a heavy F-bod... If you run X, beware, we are re-instituting the distribution of "Manties" this year.

There is a pretty good reason to run X this year though because Hoosier has stepped up with a great tire program and there are 3 or 4 guys running it this year.

See ya soon!

Matt

ledfoot2
04-09-2008, 03:33 PM
What are "manties"?

AI#97
04-09-2008, 08:41 PM
What are "manties"?

Won't tell you till you get the car to track for a race.... :wink:

GlennCMC70
04-09-2008, 09:07 PM
w/ female drivers in the series, the manties aint gonna bother them. we gotta come up w/ a deterrent / punishment for them.
ideas?
the Bro? (think Sinfeld)
BVD's?
a jock strap?

AI#97
04-10-2008, 04:32 AM
w/ female drivers in the series, the manties aint gonna bother them. we gotta come up w/ a deterrent / punishment for them.
ideas?
the Bro? (think Sinfeld)
BVD's?
a jock strap?

All still too manly... How about a barbie doll dressed like a Ken doll glued to their trunk lid standing up...?

ledfoot2
04-10-2008, 06:43 AM
Are you guys suggesting that the real men(or women) run in AI or CMC?

mitchntx
04-10-2008, 07:27 AM
Raymon, you will come to realize that Matt posts to himself a lot of the time. :shock:

Car sounds great! Need to hit a few NASA events ...

ledfoot2
04-10-2008, 08:06 AM
Thanks Mitch. I am working on finding a set of coilovers right now. I am leaning towards the Cround Control with the Koni's that I already have and somewhere around 750/250 for springs. Any thoughts? Do you know of anyone with a set of coilovers for sale that fit Koni's? I haven't seen any on the different sites.

AI#97
04-10-2008, 08:25 AM
Are you guys suggesting that the real men(or women) run in AI or CMC?

Nope. It's a special award you don't want to get! ;)