PDA

View Full Version : Vilven tire problems...? Little bit of a rant.

AI#97
04-09-2008, 12:20 PM
I realize there are few suppliers that give such great pricing on tires in our series but I have a bit of a gripe with Vilven and wanted to see if anyone else is having similar issues to help me make up my mind as to whether or not to keep using them.

Ordered two tires back in early december with $150 in toyo bucks. They said great, should see them soon. I find out they are on back order and used to hearing that at the end of the year...no call telling me that. Fast forward to February. Still heard 17's not available but at the track I see brand new tires...figure squeaky wheels got first shipments. I call a few days after the event and ask why I haven't seen my two tires. They explain "we don't know" and ask did I send Toyo bucks...yes, sent them a copy of my certificate and a few days later, my credit card gets charged and two tires arrive. Fast forward one week at the beginning of march and two more tires show up and I have another charge on my cc. I call them to have them pick them back up because I don't want another bill for the $150 this round. Takes them nearly a week and a half to get the tires picked up which was on 3/28. So as of yesterday, I have no tires, still see no credit on my CC AND now they send me a bill for $150... I spoke with Laura yesterday and she said it should be resolved by the end of this week but I really have no faith as I have heard that before.

I have always been extremely happy with the tires and Price I get from them but this is the second time something like this has happened now dating back to June of last year.

Does anyone know of any changes taking place up there or had similar problems? I am at a point where Boudy is about to get my business even with sales tax figured in as long as I don't have to deal with stupid billing issues any more.

Rant off....back to your regularly schedule programming.

GlennCMC70
04-09-2008, 01:23 PM
thats the first negative comments i've seen about Vilven.

AI#97
04-09-2008, 01:59 PM
thats the first negative comments i've seen about Vilven.

Trust me I know...but dealing with Laura in customer service has soured all my good experiences with them in the past. I just don't get the feeling she cares at all? Maybe I just need to deal with someone else there...any suggestions?

cobra132
04-09-2008, 03:19 PM
I ordered 8 17" R888's from Vilvan a few weeks back and received them in a few days. FYI, Discount Tires now distributes Toyo's and my local store says they can R888's no problem. I have not checked on pricing. FMR

y5e06
04-09-2008, 04:18 PM
Discount Tires now distributes Toyo's and my local store says they can R888's no problem.
but do they take toyo bucks???? (not that I have any anyway....)

I will take this time to let you know Argent Labs can also arrange drop shipment of their tires to your door step.... at a price less (or comparable) than ordering straight from Vilven.

I order any for pick up at MSR-C so I had 'em shipped last week.

dirwin
04-10-2008, 09:25 AM
We have bought tons of tires from Vilven, they even shaved 24 tires that I didn't buy from them for the same price as if I had.

I am sure something just got screwed up on this deal because I have never had or heard of anyone having problems with them.

Now that Boudy carries them, I am going to go with him from here out, local thing.

AI#97
04-10-2008, 12:56 PM
We have bought tons of tires from Vilven, they even shaved 24 tires that I didn't buy from them for the same price as if I had.

I am sure something just got screwed up on this deal because I have never had or heard of anyone having problems with them.

Now that Boudy carries them, I am going to go with him from here out, local thing.

Dave, I too have had the same great experience with them and I realize there will be issues now and then...what is rubbing me raw is the manner in which it's being handled THIS time. Last time, Bob sent me the wrong size tires and once we figured it out, I had new tires before he even asked me to return them....on his nickle. Outstanding service. This time, I just get the feeling this Laura person, who may be Bob's Daughter?, Just doesn't give a shoo didly doo...

I think I have made up my mind to start using Boudy too, but I think he, Chicane23 and PST are all buying from vilven too...so it's mostly a matter of having them deal with headaches instead of me! It's also nice to support the local guy too.

AI#97
04-12-2008, 08:12 AM
Well, "end of the week" has come and gone and no credit issued. Vilven is done in my eyes. Monday will mark the 6th call up there to deal with their mistake which should have, and previously, only required one.

-1 vilven tire customer.