PDA

View Full Version : PANIC! Blaze the Brakes.

jeffburch
04-20-2008, 07:13 PM
Point and shoot meets momentum racing.
"I can't get to the hole on the bottom he left open for me so I should panic and blaze the tires"

http://www.argentlab.com/nasatx/jeff/pics/04_08_MM.wmv
http://www.argentlab.com/nasatx/jeff/pics/04_08_JBgetsNerfd.wmv

Thanks Michael Mosty for the tape.
I'll drop it off at your office around 915am tomorrow.
jb

Nick
04-20-2008, 08:18 PM
:shock:
Almost got two..

marshall_mosty
04-21-2008, 02:19 AM
Jeff,
That's too bad that even with a point by, he blew his braking zone...

jeffburch
04-21-2008, 05:44 AM
She.

jb

AllZWay
04-21-2008, 08:11 AM
WOW... has she ever been on a track with other cars? She nearly got two or more. Glenn has a big evasive manuever. :shock:

AllZWay
04-21-2008, 08:12 AM
BTW... What was Nasa's penalty for the contact?

AI#97
04-21-2008, 09:23 AM
Well, I at least got to put a couple of those assholes in the grass over the weekend....and upon further inspection, I DID get into one (#11) going into the carousel in the 40 minute. The prick did a DOUBLE braking effort to park the car and I dodged and apparently got him on the right rear quarter and got him a little loose. No damage, just some smudged paint but didn't notice it till I got home last night putting things away. oh well... Jeff, sucked to see your bad luck...

Ok, just watched the videos....that's the fucker I had issues with! Guy was all over the track, went off early and came back through the field... he came over after the race and apologized for messing up Chris' and my race...I guess I now realize he thinks I gave him a love tap to say "get the fuck out of the way"..?! did he atleast apologize to Jeff?! Jeff, you said She? Was there two red and white #11's...

jeffburch
04-21-2008, 09:56 AM
Dunno Matt, Stacy Rodgers from Southlake,Tx came over and said she was sorry.
I thought it was a red/white #11.
I ran her off with a "go get your f'n checkbook or get away from me" rant.
"Sorry aint cuttin it!"

Tx GTA's evidently shared the track rental w/nasatx.
NASATx has no authority.
The dick GTA director says I didn't leave enough room and it's just a racing incident.
I filed and RFA wanting repairs of $1000.
Used ground effects are $300.
Plus a door and paint/graphics.
Maybe karma for the PIT manuver on the 17 car, dunno.
:(

jb

dirwin
04-21-2008, 10:47 AM
Jeff did the GTA director see the video? I don't see how anybody with any sense could make that call after seeing the tape.

jeffburch
04-21-2008, 10:51 AM
Yes, but only on the little screen on the camera.
jb

:P

Yes, but only on the little screen on the camera.
jb

:P

dirwin
04-21-2008, 11:07 AM
How in the hell that happened I don't know
How in the .....

Even with a small screen he should have been able to see that one. Guess you see what you want to see, regardless of screen size.

Waco Racer
04-21-2008, 11:10 AM
Tx GTA's evidently shared the track rental w/nasatx.
NASATx has no authority.jb

Neither of those statements are true.

donovan
04-21-2008, 11:13 AM
Irwin, missed you this weekend, it was a fun AI race!!!

See you at Hallett?
DD

AllZWay
04-21-2008, 06:55 PM
Hey Michael....what's up with the note? :)

AI#97
04-21-2008, 07:05 PM
Jeff, after watching the video at home with sound...did you cut it where you did to save children's ears from the cussing?! Either that or you have a terrible mic in the car! :wink:

Wirtz
04-21-2008, 08:37 PM
He must have cut it, I'm pretty sure I could hear him in my car....

michaelmosty
04-21-2008, 09:47 PM
:D That was actually from the last event.
I had to change it from "Glenn's Da Man" :lol:

Al Fernandez
04-21-2008, 10:49 PM
We made out of class contact the main part of three drivers meetings. I thought I was pretty clear about it during ours. I thought Clifton did a great job following up Sunday morning. I just dont see what more we could've done to warn/prepare drivers mentally in order to avoid just this. Obvisouly I'll have to dig deeper to find the pay dirt.

The GTA director and myself apparently cannot come to terms so it has been escalated.

jeffburch
04-21-2008, 10:50 PM
turn 4, race 3
laps 1-8

http://www.argentlab.com/nasatx/jeff/pics/R3_L1-8_T4.wmv

jb

jeffburch
04-22-2008, 06:31 AM
I have one calendar left to send to the "driver" of that 11 car.
Any suggestions on how I should sign it?
jb

jeffburch
04-22-2008, 06:43 AM
Also,
http://texasgta.com/
says their events correspond with ours the rest of the year.
jb

AI#97
04-22-2008, 07:16 AM
Also,
http://texasgta.com/
says their events correspond with ours the rest of the year.
jb

That's fine....as long as they are NOT in our run group. Sorry but those fuckers worry me more than Raybob does.

GlennCMC70
04-22-2008, 07:21 AM
they were only scheduled to race w/ us due to the enduro. they had to pair up run groups to open time in the day to run the 4 hours. they are not planned to run w/ us any more except on Sat practice as group 7 always does.

jeffburch
04-22-2008, 07:26 AM
Can I run my Dmax in practice? 8)

<where's that ranch-hand bumper link>

jb

AI#97
04-22-2008, 07:29 AM
. they are not planned to run w/ us any more except on Sat practice as group 7 always does.

Still not acceptable....I had more near misses with them in PRACTICE than in the other 3 races. After just 4 laps I said screw this and came in.

GlennCMC70
04-22-2008, 07:34 AM
Roberts got a chassis thats been hit more than a hooker on Harry Hines.
it would be ashame to see all those GTA cars get spun in practice at Hallett. i would have to hand out major slaps on the hans for those type incidents. really, i would. possibly even leave a red mark too.

as much as i hate to see it, the GTA director's responces have done nothing but dig a very deap hole for himself and clearly point out they have no understanding of the CCR's. this will take some time to resolve.
i want everyone to just give AL and Clifton time to work this to the level it needs to be taken to. it will take a few days or so to get there. you can rest assure that this issue will not get dropped and forgotten.

jeffburch
04-22-2008, 08:00 AM
Matt,
please comment on lap 3 at turn 4.
thx,
jb

Al Fernandez
04-22-2008, 08:30 AM
Guys, please dont blame an entire series for the errors of a few players. Lets give due process some time, and we'll see what we learn, and we'll go from there. In the mean time, lets not go down the "we dont like GTA" path.

AllZWay
04-22-2008, 08:36 AM
:D That was actually from the last event.
I had to change it from "Glenn's Da Man" :lol:

Cool....I didn't see until R3 when Chris Burton pointed it out to me and then your video reminded me of it.

AI#97
04-22-2008, 08:39 AM
Matt,
please comment on lap 3 at turn 4.
thx,
jb

Well, I apologize for adding to the gap between you and Rob...

However, the only thing I can say is that is how it's fucking done by two guys who know what the fuck they are doing. Great awareness in the mirror, great decision on when and how to make the pass, plenty of room, perfect timing and great execution by both drivers.

only other comment would be I love the way my car sounds and you can really tell the throttle was either on or off with my MAF troubles. :oops:

I personally liked the 5th lap a little better though! :wink:

AI#97
04-22-2008, 08:49 AM
Guys, please dont blame an entire series for the errors of a few players. Lets give due process some time, and we'll see what we learn, and we'll go from there. In the mean time, lets not go down the "we dont like GTA" path.

Al, when discussing this problem with NASA and GTA...please take into account that Hallet is a MUCH tighter track, has MUCH less room for error is nearly a mile shorter in length with blind corners and trees very close to the track near the hard braking zones. All very important things to account for when deciding to grid group 3 with group 7 in any session at Hallet... I am just stating this because I don't think you have been to Hallet to experience that track yet but I might be mistaken...

jeffburch
04-22-2008, 09:48 AM

Al, this is tough to do when the their leader is a bone head.
Stupid is as stupid does.

fg

Update:
Found ground effects for just under the $300/shipped.
Am gonna pop the door out as there are no creases in the sheet metal.
New altenator fixed my charging issue.
Coil connector off due to broken plastic retainer clippy.
Will do some glass/paint work very soon.
See ya @ HMRC Todd/Morgan/Corey/Lewis/Chuck/all.

GlennCMC70
04-22-2008, 09:58 AM
glad to see you keeping your chin up.

Al Fernandez
04-22-2008, 10:04 AM
Matt, I haven't been to Hallet, so I appreciate the feedback. Remember guys I've been down this road w/ASC back west. What ended up happening there is what I'm trying to avoid happening here IFF we can get concensus and cooperation from all parties.

Jeff, glad to hear the repairs wont be as bad as I thought. :)

oz98cobra
04-22-2008, 10:52 AM
Al, when discussing this problem with NASA and GTA...please take into account that Hallet is a MUCH tighter track, has MUCH less room for error is nearly a mile shorter in length with blind corners and trees very close to the track near the hard braking zones. All very important things to account for when deciding to grid group 3 with group 7 in any session at Hallet... I am just stating this because I don't think you have been to Hallet to experience that track yet but I might be mistaken...

Plus don't forget we are likely to alredy have a very large field in AI/CMC as our friends from RMR plan to come down to play? If we end up with more than 30 cars on that track for practice, we might as well go practice out on Hwy 99 - certainly be safer :roll:

AI#97
04-22-2008, 10:55 AM

Plus don't forget we are likely to alredy have a very large field in AI/CMC as our friends from RMR plan to come down to play? If we end up with more than 30 cars on that track for practice, we might as well go practice out on Hwy 99 - certainly be safer :roll:

Also a good point and 30 might be on the low side. That would be 60+ cars on that little track!!! I don't think the Spec Pinatas would even do that shit and they are all going roughly the same speed! :shock:

oz98cobra
04-22-2008, 11:07 AM
I was just looking at the GTA website and I see the problem - rules - apparently they don't have any yet? :shock: :wink:

Also noticed that the Hallett round is listed as tentative for them at this stage?