PDA

View Full Version : Ford E4OD 95 F-350

donovan
06-23-2008, 10:09 AM
We left Hallett and headed home last night and about 25 miles south of OKC I noticed the tranny was slipping a little between shifts... a couple minutes later Holly complained that her feet were hot, about three minutes later the Tranny idot light started flashing... I got on the phone to Corey and was telling him to take the next exit... While I was on the phone with him the truck would not make it up the small hill I was on.

Opps! That sucks... The front of the trailer is nicely coated with tranny fluid and the underside of the truck is soaked too...

So, $800 later the truck and trailer is parked at Corey's parents house in South Dallas... I had it towed to a place I could stay for free and spend a couple day finding a place to get the truck fixed.

Holly is riding back with Lisa in Corey's rental, Corey is staying here all week too (yearly flight school). Holly is going to come back tomorrow with her days F-250 and leave it with me so that when I get the truck figured out I can drag the trailer back to Austin when I'm done

Good Times!

P.S. Jeff Wirtz, I still love the truck and I didn't curse you once during the entire ordeal :wink:, I know we just talked about this at dinner Saturday night, that is funny. It's all good! 8)

So, I'm off to see about getting this thing fixed.

If anyone knows a place in South Dallas that does great work and might be able to even build a better than stock E4OD for this thing, let me know.

DD

AI#97
06-23-2008, 10:40 AM
I'll check around David...

BSharp
06-23-2008, 11:05 AM
I called a friens that works at a Ford dealer, he recomended Ed's Transmission repair. You can bring the trans or the truck.
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=eds+transmission+tx&ie=UTF8&ll=32.678685,-96.9207&spn=0.180611,0.299377&z=12&iwloc=B

BSharp
06-23-2008, 11:10 AM
I called a friens that works at a Ford dealer, he recomended Ed's Transmission repair. You can bring the trans or the truck.
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=eds+transmission+tx&ie=UTF8&ll=32.678685,-96.9207&spn=0.180611,0.299377&z=12&iwloc=B

The listing in Grand Prairie BTW.

AI#97
06-23-2008, 12:57 PM
Not getting any responses on my end.... :cry:

AllZWay
06-23-2008, 01:16 PM
Sorry to hear the bad luck...

donovan
06-23-2008, 01:28 PM
Its not so bad... I'm at Corey's parents house, more like a large bed and breakfast... with all the after party food and drinks from the wedding reception this past weekend the logging here is awesome.

I will call Eds and see what they say.

I'm going to call a couple Ford dealers as well... but I'm leaning toward a specialty transmission shop.

Thanks guys,
DD

AI#97
06-23-2008, 02:26 PM
Aragon Transmision 121
972-492-7919
they are i lewisville and they are good! get you in and out quick. they are off of buisness 121

got this from a guy on a local board...

Wirtz
06-23-2008, 02:31 PM
Ahhhhh!!! Dave, I don't know what to say :( Sorry to hear about the trouble. I should have kept my mouth shut Sat night....

I talked to a co-worker that I know when through a couple of trannys on a 6.0 liter Ford PSD. His first was through a national transmission shop. The second he got through Ford. Problems with the first, no problems with the second. Just data.

Good luck geeting back home and let me know if there is something I could do to help.

Jeff

donovan
06-23-2008, 02:47 PM
It's all good Jeff, absolutely just dumb luck we were talking Saturday night... LOL... I have no ill feelings, I knew what I was getting into with a 12-13 year old truck towing 7,000+ Lbs.

I have more peace of mind with this truck that most guys with the new Ford 6.0L trucks... I would not trade this thing for any truck even now! I love it too much, I think it shows with what I have put into it over the last couple months with just luxury upgrades!

I called the guys at Ed's, sounds like a great place and they have a 2yr 24 months warranty... I even told him that I tow the 24' trailer and use a Edge Programmer, he said "No Problem, we have lots of guys running them" Very cool guys!

I just need to decided on a off the shelf rebuild, getting it installed tomorrow, or having them rebuild mine and get the truck back Thursday or Friday...

He said the one on the self would get the same rebuild as mine, but it was done already... or I could wait a few extra days for them to build mine up...

Decisions decisions....

BryanL
06-23-2008, 05:11 PM
DD-Please check with the local BBB to verify that Ed's is in good standing. I owned an Aamco Transmissions here in Fort Worth and did hear about them from time to time. To my knowledge they were known as a pretty low price exchange place. I can call my old parts guys to see if they have any comments. One thing is they won't have a nationwide warranty and in my experience the majority of the local shops didn't stand behind their work. Local shops were notorious for claiming that the part that failed wasn't replaced and wasn't under warranty.

Glenn just had his 4l80E rebuilt and I suggested he talk to the Aamco I owned and a specialty shop I had talked to here that does alot of LS1/4l60E stuff called Ace Racing Transmissions.
I would suggest checking some ford truck forums for a specialty shop if thats what you want. Jerry Jordan may know something since he ran a Lightning for a long time.
The best reason to use a Ford dealer is the warranty and the number of locations. However I used several GM/Ford remans when I had a bad builder and had several problems with the units but they would just send another unit.

Let me know if I can help more and sorry to hear about the bad luck.
Bryan

ShadowBolt
06-23-2008, 07:28 PM
This is the best Ford auto trans guy in the business. He worked for Ford building them for years and at one time had a nationwide network. Every 9 or 10 second Lightning I knew of a few years ago had a Factory Tech Box in it.

www.factorytechtransmissions.com

JJ

Al Fernandez
06-24-2008, 07:51 AM
Way to go Dave...if you cant break your car on the track, break your tow truck on the way home? :lol: :wink: Hopefully with a few upgrades your tranny woes will be a thing of the past.

AI#97
06-24-2008, 08:01 AM
Way to go Dave...if you cant break your car on the track, break your tow truck on the way home? :lol: :wink: Hopefully with a few upgrades your tranny woes will be a thing of the past.

Actually, he broke the car tranny in race 3 too... David is just hard on equipment!!! :lol:

GlennCMC70
06-24-2008, 08:48 AM
he's been hanging out w/ the Cory cat too much.

donovan
06-24-2008, 02:29 PM
I hate Corey...

But his parents are the coolest... way cool of them to put me up in their house while I get the truck fixed.

I have RC cars to play with (5 of them), slot car track in the basement, pool table, fussball table, media room with plasma tv, wireless internet, ... my own kitchen in the basement full of beer...

We have our ideas on what is going on with the T5's in the racecar, and it might be a clutch problem this time, I won't know till I pull the tranny, but the truck is just dumb bad luck, ...and I blame Corey...

The truck was picked up this morning, should be done late Thursday maybe Friday.

DD 8)

AllZWay
06-24-2008, 08:15 PM
Sounds like a resort. :lol: