PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts and prayers needed.

Rsmith350
07-22-2008, 08:44 PM
My mother has been living with and in the advanced stages of Parkinson's disease for a long time now. I was informed earlier this afternoon that she fell at my parent's home in Tyler and is now going to have either a hip repair or replacement (I will find out which later tonight) Her body has been so weakened by the disease that there are numerous things that could go really wrong with this since they have to put her under. Please keep us in your prayers and thank you in advance.

donovan
07-22-2008, 09:13 PM
Sorry to hear, I will keep you and your family in my thought!

DD

mitchntx
07-22-2008, 09:17 PM
I feel your pain.

Thoughts and prayers for your whole family.

Al Fernandez
07-23-2008, 08:56 AM
Sorry to hear that man. Best wishes for you and yours.

Fbody383
07-23-2008, 01:53 PM
Hey man, not sure what I can do to help, but let me know.

I'll put you guys on the prayer list.

AllZWay
07-23-2008, 04:47 PM
Sorry to hear about your Mom.... :cry:

Rsmith350
07-23-2008, 06:48 PM
Thanks guys. The surgery was a success she's in recovery and will probably stay at the hospital for a week or so just so they can watch her. Thanks again for the prayers. You guys are great!

Todd Covini
07-23-2008, 07:08 PM
From our family to yours...hope all goes well.

ShadowBolt
07-23-2008, 07:34 PM
Great!

Hope she is on her feet soon.

JJ

mitchntx
07-23-2008, 07:46 PM
I too am glad things are looking up and prayer, karma, whatever has sustained you and family through this.

I do feel your pain and allow me to do as you have done and ask for thoughts and prayers for me and my mom.

Most know the last few years have been pretty rough for us. When you get to be my age, it means parents, aunts, uncles, brothers are, well, their age.

All I have left is my mom and she is suffering from alzheimers. I can't decide which is worse ... watching a parent's body waste away or their mind.

Monday night at 11 the nursing home called because mom was extremely upset and agitated. Turns out she was mad at me for not telling her my wife was in prison, my daughters had run away and the dog Christi had gotten run over.

My wife is a saint, the daughters are married and Christi was a german sheppard I had in junior high school.

The up side is she recognized my voice and called me by name. It was a good conversation.

Folks please use the time you have with loved ones wisely. I didn't. Learn from my mistakes.

BlueFirePony
07-23-2008, 08:04 PM
My prayers for both of your mothers.

I just got finished settling my wife into the bedroom after bringing her home from surgery this afternoon and then I read this. The surgery was pretty minor and my wife is fine, but still got my mind wandering while I was waiting.

I do take Mitch's words to heart!

Rsmith350
07-25-2008, 10:39 PM
My prayers go out to both of ya'll....puts things in perspective.

Good luck to you Mitch. I know how hard it is watching a loved one waste away. It's not fair and it seems to happen to the best people.

Blue fire...Hope your wife makes a speedy recovery!