PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Magic Brake pads

King Matt
07-28-2008, 08:29 AM
I hear y'all out there in Texas have got some magic brake pads that can last all season on a CMC car. Where can I get me some of those? I heard about these from one of your rookies who told me I just need to learn how to use my brakes and they'll last for a whole season or more. But I think he must be using different pads than me.

jeffburch
07-28-2008, 08:44 AM
Same vendor as the magic ivy beans.

jb

King Matt
07-28-2008, 08:51 AM
Tony G?

AllZWay
07-28-2008, 09:06 AM
I buy my pads from Tony... They do in fact last an entire season.

Currently with two weekends to go ....they are roughly half. I also make an entire season one set of rotors.

The rear pads and rotors are going on two years.

Brakes are for..... well you know the rest. :D

King Matt
07-28-2008, 09:20 AM
That's cool. I actually get about the same life out of the Carbos. Close to two seasons on front rotors, 5-6 weekends on pads, which is most of a "season." But I really don't like to run them too close to the backing plates because it puts a lot of heat into the calipers that way, so I save those real thin ones for practice sessions, not longer races and certainly not the National Championship races.

Just poking a little fun at some of you boys in Texas. You got some fast guys down there, and a few who are even faster on the Internet. :wink:

ShadowBolt
07-28-2008, 10:55 AM
I hear y'all out there in Texas have got some magic brake pads that can last all season on a CMC car. Where can I get me some of those? I heard about these from one of your rookies who told me I just need to learn how to use my brakes and they'll last for a whole season or more. But I think he must be using different pads than me.

I run the PF01's and will come close to making the season on one set. Of course I'm slow like Bryan. LOL

On my Vette with stock C6 brakes and my Lightning with the Wilwood brakes I was able to run spacers made from 5052 alum. between the pad and the caliper. On the Fox, because of the sheet metal spring that you have to push into the hole in the caliper, I can't run the spacers. With spacers you can pull a lot of heat out of the brakes and run the pad until it's completely gone. With the set-up on my Fox I get worried about pad thickness on any that are past half gone.

Come on down here Matt and run with us slow-ass Texas back markers. Your welcome anytime!

JJ

BryanL
07-28-2008, 11:15 AM
Matt-you sound like a Ricer.
Todd-you should add his name to the list of 'you might be a ricer if:'

Why are your mylaps time confidential? Are you trying to hide something like you might be hiding in your engine?

For what its worth I get my front pads from Tony (Carbotech) and my rears are from Autozone until I get a proportioning valve installed.

You should try and make an event with us such as Hallett. I would suggest trying to follow JB to see how little you need to use your brakes.

King Matt
07-28-2008, 11:43 AM
Why don't you guys come to the Nationals?

jeffburch
07-28-2008, 11:54 AM
Been there, done that.
Oh, also, I'm not a fan of the track.
jb

AllZWay
07-28-2008, 12:07 PM
Why don't you guys come to the Nationals?

Too damned expensive...not too mention I already can't beat the NC and I do not have to spend thousands to prove it. :oops:

michaelmosty
07-28-2008, 12:57 PM
We have our own mini-Nationals at every regional event! :D

silversvo
07-28-2008, 01:26 PM

I would have to agree after watching them... See you this weekend Michael.

Adam Ginsberg
07-28-2008, 02:10 PM
Guys - don't worry about King. I've beat him at every track we've raced each other.

:)

GlennCMC70
07-28-2008, 02:23 PM
Guys - don't worry about King. I've beat him at every track we've raced each other.

me too!

AllZWay
07-28-2008, 02:40 PM

Exactly... every event in the Texas region is a race with the Nation's best. :P

ShadowBolt
07-28-2008, 02:48 PM

I was not worried at all. Slow guys in Texas are fast by other parts of the country standards. I guess I'll have to move to ever win a race.

JJ

David Love AI27
07-28-2008, 07:42 PM
Been there, done that.
Oh, also, I'm not a fan of the track.
jb

ROFLMAO!!!!

AI#97
07-29-2008, 06:53 AM

Thanks James! ;)

Adam Ginsberg
07-29-2008, 02:08 PM

Thanks James! ;)

He wasn't talking to you.....not until you get to Mid-O and compete in the Nats. Put up or shut up.

mitchntx
07-29-2008, 02:17 PM

Thanks James! ;)

He wasn't talking to you.....not until you get to Mid-O and compete in the Nats. Put up or shut up.

Whoa ... that looks like a personal attack. Adam is stirring up some shit. :wink:

AI#97
07-30-2008, 02:52 AM

Why do you think I am skipping TWS? I am already Burch's ride up there so it's going to happen wise ass!! :lol: