PDA

View Full Version : Texas has always been my "racing home", but.....

Adam Ginsberg
07-31-2008, 02:42 PM
It's with a bit of a heavy heart that I have to say.....my company made an offer to move us to SoCal that, due to various personal/family and work reasons, we just can't resist.

We accepted the offer primarily for the family - our oldest son, Ray, moved back from HI to SoCal while we've been here. Obviously, for Seth's career, being in SoCal is important. My entire family (mom, dad, and sister) is here, my wife's family is here....and that's a critical one, as her middle sister has been very ill, in a hospital since Jan of this year, and doesn't appear to be getting any better. Kathy has had some severe sinus and trigeminal nerve problems for about a year that are exacerbated by the type of air we have in TX.....living near the water in Ventura has made all of that stuff virtually disappear. To the point, she doesn't have to take her medication much out here, and she feels so much better.

Being close together as a family, various health issues, work, etc.....and this decision becomes less difficult to make.

From a racing perspective.....my racing career started in TX, and I'll really miss regularly racing with the TX crew. I'm going to do my absolute best to attend the EC race as an official, but won't have my car (it'll still be in SoCal at my Dad's shop) - I really want to see everyone before we leave.

Now I'll be one of those evil West Coast CMC racers!! ;)

mitchntx
07-31-2008, 03:21 PM
Adam who?

In reality, it doesn't sound like a tough decision at all. It sounds like a great move for you and your family, the most important of things.

Racing is just racing. It comes and it goes. Family is first.

Many know it and few say it ... without you, there would be no NASA Texas CMC.

My door is always open and a bed is available in the Mickey room in case Cresson is ever on your radar screen.

Good luck to you.

Wirtz
07-31-2008, 05:03 PM
Sorry to hear you need to make a move, but does sound like the best thing, so that's all good! As you know there are some great tracks for the weekend play days out there...

Jeff

AllZWay
07-31-2008, 07:51 PM
Adam... it sounds like the right move as you mentioned on many levels.

Best of luck to you and your family....and when Seth makes it even more big time.... don't forget us lowly common folks here in Texas.
:D

chris-CMC#35
07-31-2008, 08:44 PM
Congrats Adam. You totally made the right call. (is that SoCal enough?)

Thanks again for being so great about welcoming me to NASA before I even showed up for my first event.

And you know what? Small hijack: big thanks to Richard P, Todd (who?) and Mike P for getting me into the group so quickly and (relatively) painlessly.

Good luck, Adam.

-chris

Al Fernandez
08-01-2008, 09:42 AM
Adam...this is a big loss for Texas. I'm very happy for you and your family that this is working out for you guys, but I'm really bummed you're going. You're going to have a blast living and racing out there.

Todd Covini
08-01-2008, 03:25 PM
Take care, Little Buddy!
You'll have to come back for the Awards Banquet so we can roast errrr ahhh toast to you and give you a key to Texas AI/CMC as a founding father!!!

-=- Todd

donovan
08-01-2008, 03:28 PM
Adam was my first contact here in AI/CMC back in the 2003...
(and that is not first on-track contact)

You will be missed around here in more ways than you know... :P

evarner
08-01-2008, 03:34 PM
Anyone have pictures from the very first CMC/AI event in '03? I can't seem to locate any of 'em. :(

I must say it was a wonderful experience and would like to thank Adam (and Todd) for making me feel welcome in CMC back then. We learned a lot in a short amount of time. :)

Take care out in CA and it definitely sounds like the right move at the right time.

marshall_mosty
08-01-2008, 09:39 PM
Adam,
Good luck in Cali. You'll be back I'm sure. You have been one of the most welcoming guys in the NASA TX books (Todd's up there too...). You are a class act and the Cali guys will have some stiff competition now.

Keep in touch.

-Marshall

Adam Ginsberg
08-06-2008, 08:30 PM
Thanks for all the kind words/thoughts, folks. I'm really going to miss racing in TX, but the WC guys have all treated me very, very well, and made me feel at home.

Hopefully, Jeff won't dump my user account once I move. ;)

cjlmlml
08-07-2008, 09:33 AM
Those WC guys must not know you very well.

Todd Covini
08-24-2008, 11:59 PM
Anyone have pictures from the very first CMC/AI event in '03? I can't seem to locate any of 'em. :(

I must say it was a wonderful experience and would like to thank Adam (and Todd) for making me feel welcome in CMC back then. We learned a lot in a short amount of time. :)

Take care out in CA and it definitely sounds like the right move at the right time.

No pics handy right now, but I tripped over this:

http://www.bns-racing.com/NASA%20TX%20Aug%202003%20MSR%20writup.htm

Exactly 5 years ago....

marshall_mosty
08-25-2008, 07:35 AM
It's amazing how far we have come.

Consistent lap times were in the mid- 1:25s for AI and mid 1:28s for CMC with John George and Todd Covini being the cars to beat in their respective classes.

Rich Dickey's AI Camaro posted the fastest qualifying time of the session with a 1:25:59 on Hoosier tires awarding him with a 3rd place overall on the grid. Todd Covini's CMC Mustang qualified with a 1:29:08 and was gridded 9th overall for the start of the race.

MSR TRACK RECORDS*
1:25:50 Richard Pedersen (AI)
1:28:07 Todd Covini (CMC)
* Track records only recorded from races in race trim

ShadowBolt
08-25-2008, 07:39 AM
Is that the last time Todd raced?

JJ

evarner
08-25-2008, 08:29 AM

No pics handy right now, but I tripped over this:

http://www.bns-racing.com/NASA%20TX%20Aug%202003%20MSR%20writup.htm

Exactly 5 years ago....

Vivid memories of that weeken.. thx Todd. I had forgotten about that write-up, but do remember it was a lot of fun to be on-track even though it was for a very short period of time due to the oil pump issues. :D