PDA

View Full Version : Shop equipment for sale/auction

mitchntx
08-19-2008, 06:20 AM
I work at Comanche Peak and there is this HUGE store house of "stuff". A large portion of this "stuff" is being auctioned off over the next couple weeks.

Part of the "stuff" are large metal workbenches with drawers. It appears there are 8 of them.

I will double check, but I believe they are similar to this ...

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/4VM44

They came out of our chemistry labs when they remodeled. I will get pictures if you are truly interested.

So, if you are interested, let me know how much you want to bid on them and I'll proxy the bid for you.

These will probably sell for a couple hundred bucks each.

jeffburch
08-19-2008, 07:47 AM
What's the halflife?
8)
jb

mitchntx
08-19-2008, 09:01 AM
And they glow ...

gt40
08-19-2008, 09:58 AM
Wow -- I'd really like one. Really.

What do you think a reasonable bid would be? I've no idea what these would sell for used.

mitchntx
08-19-2008, 02:37 PM
No pics ... sorry.

But they look very similar to this ...

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/4VM43

72" x 32" x 34" tall. Made for a drafting chair.
Maple butcher block tops. Some are like new as they had plexiglass screwed on top.
5 side drawers - 3 3" drawers and 2 6" drawers (guessing on depth)
72" x 8" shelf

They are well used, but are solid.

I placed a $75 bid on 3 of them along with a $15 bid on a few 3' x 18" x 8' metal shelves.

mitchntx
08-25-2008, 02:33 PM
For those who PMed and e-mailed me about these items ...

Bidding closes at 9PM on the 28th. My last opportunity to bid on them will be ~4pm on the 27th.

The current bid already above $150 for the workbenches, well above what some of you were able to bid. These benches will go for well above $250.

And an important factoid I forgot to include ...

ALL this equipment is being donated to the local United Way ... Hood, Johnson, Somervel and Erath counties.

The proceeds from the sale goes 100% to local United Way charities. This is not an attempt for Luminant to raise money.