PDA

View Full Version : What you can do with older CMC cars

Wirtz
09-04-2008, 11:17 AM
Found this close to where I work. Kinda spookie, it's like they they are trying to tell me something...

http://lh3.ggpht.com/jeffersonwirtz/SLiOR0mnYQI/AAAAAAAAAFk/sgTsp9PqAAs/s576/08-28-08_1830.jpg

Just playin' :D

Wirtz
09-04-2008, 11:19 AM
Hummm, why is it not displaying as a picture? Have I broken the interweb?

ShadowBolt
09-04-2008, 11:30 AM
Found this close to where I work. Kinda spookie, it's like they they are trying to tell me something...

http://picasaweb.google.com/jeffersonwirtz/Webpost#5240094603275100418

Just playin' :D

I know where that is.

JJ

NickV
09-04-2008, 11:34 AM
You're linking to a webpage for the pic rather than the picture itself

Picture link to put between the img tags.
http://lh3.ggpht.com/jeffersonwirtz/SLiOR0mnYQI/AAAAAAAAAFk/sgTsp9PqAAs/08-28-08_1830.jpg

We deal with CMC's joist division for our steel projects. Who knows, one day your car might be part of the roof of an H-E-B :D

j3ffbrooks
09-04-2008, 12:31 PM
http://lh3.ggpht.com/jeffersonwirtz/SLiOR0mnYQI/AAAAAAAAAFk/sgTsp9PqAAs/08-28-08_1830.jpg

.....amateurs :roll:

edit: apparently they don't like you hosting pictures.

jeffburch
09-04-2008, 01:00 PM
check your avatar :wink:

jb

Wirtz
09-04-2008, 04:51 PM

jb

Classic!

j3ffbrooks
09-04-2008, 04:56 PM

jb

FIXED/Updated

I had to switch over to IE to see the red X. I deleted my avatar a while back. Firefox doesn't show anything.

mitchntx
09-04-2008, 05:13 PM
Firefox doesn't show anything.

I had a LOT of issues with FF till I recently downloaded the latest version a couple days ago.

All the PW, freezing, display, etc. issues seem to have disappeared.

jeffburch
09-25-2008, 02:02 PM
I'll run CMC next year with 230/300.
I hope you all will join me.
Eff CMC2!

jb

Todd Covini
09-25-2008, 02:59 PM
I'm with ya'! 230/300 full CMC trim and will be kickin' butt (including yours).

Now...where did they pack that toolbox?

ShadowBolt
09-25-2008, 03:10 PM
I'm with ya'! 230/300 full CMC trim and will be kickin' butt (including yours).

Now...where did they pack that toolbox?

Todd who?

I bet you can't even stay with that rookie Team Jordan with only 227/275.

JJ

Todd Covini
09-25-2008, 03:25 PM
Why did I expect to get a "Todd who?" response..... :roll: :D

I bet you're right...from what I've seen of Team Jordan, I bet I will have a tough time keeping up.

I'll also be a "test mule" for what 1-2 years of CMC racing inactivity does to one's abilities. :lol:

ShadowBolt
09-25-2008, 03:30 PM
I'll also be a "test mule" for what 1-2 years of CMC racing inactivity does to one's abilities. :lol:

Just like riding a bike.

You will be back to your old form in no time. What exactly was your old form? You have never been in a race since I joined NASA (June 07).

JJ

jeffburch
09-25-2008, 03:30 PM
Great!

2 more and "we're in the money...."

jb

ShadowBolt
09-25-2008, 03:32 PM
Great!

2 more and "we're in the money...."

jb

The #11 Mosty Special will also be in CMC trim for 09.

JJ

michaelmosty
09-25-2008, 04:16 PM

Just like riding a bike.

You will be back to your old form in no time. What exactly was your old form? You have never been in a race since I joined NASA (June 07).

JJ
Holy crap, it seems like Jerry and Jay have been racing for a long time now and it is still less than Todd's repair time!! :shock:
Lookin forward to seeing the vert back on track...........soon. :)

Rob Liebbe
09-25-2008, 07:52 PM
Current CMC rule trim for Yahoo Racing Limited as well - hell, I'll even pony up for an "Old School" trophy - it'll cost at least $20.

Jeremy Gunter
09-25-2008, 10:10 PM
Any chance Todd will be competing with Ross and I for Rookie of the year?

ShadowBolt
09-26-2008, 11:13 AM
After talking with Michael we both want to run with the most cars. Lets talk about it at ECR.

JJ

Chuck
09-26-2008, 12:02 PM
I thought old fox Mustangs like mine were ONLY allowed in CMC. Mustangs 1993 and older are not listed as eligible for CMC2.

I assume it will be the same in 2009. 2010 is the change year. Or am I missing something?

I am planning on CMC in 2009.

Chuck
CMC #14

Fbody383
09-26-2008, 01:17 PM
Any chance Todd will be competing with Ross and I for Rookie of the year?

Bam! Right there. The Ranger will look good with a big R on it.

<raises hand> I know I'm old and slow but maybe there's a couple other rolks in running for ROTY?

Don't count them points yet, junior.

Old Man Francis

((That doesn't sound harsh does it?))

jeffburch
09-26-2008, 01:29 PM
Chuck,
it's my understanding the 5 liter cars can run -2 next year.
Regardless of mods.

jb

NickV
09-26-2008, 02:19 PM
Another CMC '09 rookie in a 1992 Jalopy 3rd gen, checking in! :D

AI#97
09-26-2008, 02:54 PM
so....let's say I show up with a CMC car next year....can I compete for ROY given I have never raced CMC? This is all hypothetical of course! ;)

GlennCMC70
09-26-2008, 03:23 PM
so....let's say I show up with a CMC car next year....can I compete for ROY given I have never raced CMC? This is all hypothetical of course! ;)

no.

Al Fernandez
09-26-2008, 08:04 PM
MFW, you can compete against the rookie of the year, no for the rookie of the year. :lol: Montoya is not a rookie! hahaha

We should chat up everyone being in the same trim next year at eagles canyon, but it should be 260/310 not 230/300. The 230/300 is not possible for Brian or anyone else that joins with a newer car. The 260/310 is going to happen. Might as well get it over with instead of deferring until the last possible minute.

mitchntx
09-26-2008, 08:27 PM
Might as well get it over with instead of deferring until the last possible minute.

The other side of that argument is why should a racer foot the bill for the series' R&D work.

If I was facing this brick wall, I'd let others spend their money, gather results data they learn and make a sound fiscal decision for me during next year's off-season.

jeffburch
09-26-2008, 08:48 PM
Might as well get it over with instead of deferring until the last possible minute.

The other side of that argument is why should a racer foot the bill for the series' R&D work.

If I was facing this brick wall, I'd let others spend their money, gather results data they learn and make a sound fiscal decision for me during next year's off-season.

Makes sense to me.
thx,
jb

jeffburch
09-26-2008, 08:50 PM
MFW, you can compete against the rookie of the year, no for the rookie of the year. :lol: Montoya is not a rookie! hahaha

We should chat up everyone being in the same trim next year at eagles canyon, but it should be 260/310 not 230/300. The 230/300 is not possible for Brian or anyone else that joins with a newer car. The 260/310 is going to happen. Might as well get it over with instead of deferring until the last possible minute.

How do I arrive at these numbers on a 5 liter Chevy?
Still waiting.
thx,
jb

Chuck
09-26-2008, 09:19 PM
Al,

What is THE NUMBER for next year and 2010? Here you just posted 260/310, on the CMC board Tony G. and you posted 260/300.
Both of your posts are quoted below for reference.

Thanks,
Chuck
CMC #14

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:51 pm Post subject: BIG CMC announcement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fellow racers:
Our intention for the series is to merge CMC and CMC2 back into a single class beginning with the 2010 season. Beginning that season, power target for all cars will be 260hp and 300lbsft. A set of engine upgrade packages will be specified to bring the current CMC cars to the new power levels, while current CMC2 cars will simply restrict down. Currently specified CMC-2 wheels, tires and brakes will be used in the 2010 merged class, and certain allowances will be made to assist the older cars in fitting the bigger wheel/tire package. In addition to the director discussions taking place nationally now, volunteers are sought to assist in the research & development of new CMC upgrade packages. Contact one of the directors if you are interested.

Now before you go crazy with questions, this is just to let you know where we are headed.
We the directors feel that racing as one group is very important to the series and to bring it back to where it was a few years ago, and you all knew that was our intention from day one.
We will make sure that everthing is in place and I will have several updates on how we are going to do this.
Most is figured out, but not all of it quite yet.
Again I will update this subject quite often.
Thanks,
Your Directors,
Tony Guaglione
Todd Covini
Mike Plum
Nick Steel
Al Fernandez

David Love AI27
09-28-2008, 09:01 AM

Still waiting.
thx,
jb

I was getting 292/311 with my old 305... nothing close to stock tho... my motor was built to run in American Sedan in the SCCA series... the only thing stock was the block...

GlennCMC70
09-28-2008, 09:11 AM

Still waiting.
thx,
jb

I was getting 292/311 with my old 305... nothing close to stock tho... my motor was built to run in American Sedan in the SCCA series... the only thing stock was the block...

ok guys.... Jeff very well knows that a 305 can make the number. his issue is w/ not knowing what parts he's going to be allowed to use to get there.

jeffburch
09-28-2008, 09:33 AM
Well Glenn, that's not entirely true. As I've said many times those numbers cannot be made with TPI.
TPI will not make those hp numbers even with 350cu under it sucking.
Tq number will be too high as you try to get the hp up.
Soup (yogurt) sandwich.

If reality sounds negative so be it.

jb

RagingAardvark
09-28-2008, 10:22 AM
Well Glenn, that's not entirely true. As I've said many times those numbers cannot be made with TPI.
Soup (yogurt) sandwich.

jb

given that ours is also TPI, that's concerning to me. :(

David Love AI27
09-28-2008, 10:53 AM
Soup (yogurt) sandwich.

jb

Just though that lookig to SCCA might be a good place to start.. Wirtz, got any input???

given that ours is also TPI, that's concerning to me. :(

jeremiahkellam
09-28-2008, 08:46 PM
Just Curious...

Since it was brought up a few post back I'll ask my question just to make sure.

My intentions were to start competing in CMC next year. At this point, I am going to build the car for 2010 (AI lights). 2009 would basically be my "rookie" season. So if I were to build an '10 car and run CMC2 next season, would that exclude me from competing for CMC ROY in 2010??

Not to say that I may even have a chance of besting some of the other newcomers, but it would be fun to at least be in the mix, that is what it is all about.

GlennCMC70
09-28-2008, 08:52 PM
you can only be a rookie once while racing in NASA. theres no ..... racing in CMC for 10 years then going AI and being a rookie. sorry.

Jeremy Gunter
09-28-2008, 11:06 PM
I think it's best to remember that ROY includes a lot more than your final standings... Things like attitude and not pissing off the important folks of AI CMC TX... That pretty much takes me out of the running next year! :lol:

I just look forward to taking some green flags with these guys... I will continue to talk $#!T, that's just part of my personality... like MFW wanting a point by :P

Al Fernandez
09-29-2008, 03:05 AM
Well, given each class is allowed to name a ROY, I would assume next year we'd have a CMC and a CMC2 ROY, so either way you'll be running for one Jeremiah. You can be sure Gunther wont be hard to beat :lol: :wink:

Chuck...yeah, 300, 310...it'll be somewhere around there. Hoping to see some more dyno info before we decide. My bet is 310.

AllZWay
09-29-2008, 10:03 AM
I am a little confused about the ROY.

When I received CMC ROY for last year, I was originally told that CMC did not give trophy's for ROY....yet NASA gave me a trophy for CMC ROY.

Was the trophy from NASA or CMC or it doesn't matter just take the trophy and shut up? :D

I guess the easier question... Does NASA recognize the ROY for each class?

David Love AI27
09-29-2008, 11:16 AM
I am a little confused about the ROY.

When I received CMC ROY for last year, I was originally told that CMC did not give trophy's for ROY....yet NASA gave me a trophy for CMC ROY.

Was the trophy from NASA or CMC or it doesn't matter just take the trophy and shut up? :D

I guess the easier question... Does NASA recognize the ROY for each class?

The AI/CMC group gives a certificate for ROY or "Most Improved Driver" in each class... I have never seen a NASATX ROY award... now I'm confused..

Fbody383
09-29-2008, 11:44 AM
Things like attitude and not pissing off the important folks of AI CMC TX... That pretty much takes me out of the running next year!

I'm glad somebody is in front of me in that line.

David Love AI27
09-29-2008, 12:59 PM
Things like attitude and not pissing off the important folks of AI CMC TX... That pretty much takes me out of the running next year!

I'm glad somebody is in front of me in that line.

Gotta get up really early to get in front of MFW in that line... LOL... jk

Alien
09-29-2008, 02:55 PM
So how is the ROY decided? Is it based on points or a vote or something?
And if it's by points and a rookie is part of a team, how does that work out?

Based on points for Jay (not Team Jordan) vs me and the other rooks this year, I'm kicking ass solely due to my good attendance... but I think we all know that Jay is the better driver.

I'm not saying I wouldn't mind the ROY, given in 5 years time when I'm accepting my F1 trophy at SPA and the announcer says "From 2008 CMC Rookie of the Year to F1 race winner..." nobody will remember that I got it for good attendance :)

Well, given each class is allowed to name a ROY

The AI/CMC group gives a certificate for ROY or "Most Improved Driver" in each class...

AI#97
09-29-2008, 03:02 PM
I think it's best to remember that ROY includes a lot more than your final standings... Things like attitude and not pissing off the important folks of AI CMC TX... That pretty much takes me out of the running next year! :lol:

I just look forward to taking some green flags with these guys... I will continue to talk $#!T, that's just part of my personality... like MFW wanting a point by :P

Don't know what you are worried about but you are nowhere NEAR the level of shit I started in 2006 and I still got ROY... :oops: Unless you walk up and slap AL or Glenn, I am pretty sure if you perform well enough, you could earn ROY.

I just wanted to be the first two time ROY! That would be an accomplishment! :lol:

DL, considering I am usually up around 4:30am on race mornings, you would be correct! :wink: I own that franchise with Glenn in a close second!

Al Fernandez
09-30-2008, 02:49 AM
Out west we've always used points + a fudge factor due to attitude, how pretty your girlfriend is (sorry Jeremy, but Ross is kicking your ass here) etc. Its even more nebulous here in Tx.

My ROY trophy came from CMC not from NASA. :?