PDA

View Full Version : Expired Medical Help!!!!

AllZWay
10-09-2008, 08:37 AM
MEDICAL HELP !!

I just got an email from Jessica that I my medical expired. I found my= license and it does say it expired 3 days ago.

With the change of the medical rules, it should have been good for a few more years, but I did have it done under the old rules.

Do I have to get a new one? Jessica's email said I had to have it to race this weekend.

GlennCMC70
10-09-2008, 08:40 AM
email Dave Ho at Nationals.

i'll look for his contact info.

GlennCMC70
10-09-2008, 08:43 AM
how old are you? i'm 36. i got mine in 2004 and mine is good thru 2010.

AllZWay
10-09-2008, 08:44 AM
I am 41 now... I was 39 when I got my medical.

GlennCMC70
10-09-2008, 08:50 AM
nasadaveho@yahoo.com <nasadaveho@yahoo.com>

its likely you will need to get this done.
be clear w/Dave about the situation, he may be able to allow you to slip thru for the weekend.

GlennCMC70
10-09-2008, 08:54 AM
directly off the Med Form.
Renewals:
Applicants less than 40 years old must submit a new physical every five years or as required by their physician.
Applicants that are at least than 40 years old must renew their Medical Examination every three years.
Applicants that are at least than 50 years old must renew their Medical Examination every two years.
Applicants that are at least than 60 years old must renew their Medical Examination every 12 months.

you should have gotten a 5 year deal on yours.

AllZWay
10-09-2008, 08:58 AM
Thanks...I emailed him.

Under the new rules it would have been good for a few more years.

ShadowBolt
10-09-2008, 09:10 AM
Thanks...I emailed him.

Come on James. Don't be looking for an excuse to not be on track with me. I have been waiting a long long time. I've been reading the AG book on the art of racing and I think I'm ready.

Without the new rules mine would have gone out 10-09-08. As it is I have another year.

JJ

AllZWay
10-09-2008, 09:21 AM
Thanks...I emailed him.

Come on James. Don't be looking for an excuse to not be on track with me. I have been waiting a long long time. I've been reading the AG book on the art of racing and I think I'm ready.

Without the new rules mine would have gone out 10-09-08. As it is I have another year.

JJ

hehe... I am going to avoid you. :shock:

AI#97
10-09-2008, 10:29 AM

JJ

You read a book about racing written by Ginsberg...?! Yikes! :lol:

AllZWay
10-09-2008, 11:10 AM
All is well... I was able to get in and get an update physical.

I guess the part that required you have the FINGER test is gone from the form...so I didn't mind going to get it. :lol:

michaelmosty
10-09-2008, 11:26 AM
I guess the part that required you have the FINGER test is gone from the form...so I didn't mind going to get it. :lol:
Does that mean you enjoyed the "cough"? :shock:

mitchntx
10-09-2008, 12:12 PM
All is well... I was able to get in and get an update physical.

Doesn't hurt to know someone in the biz, eh?

You need to talk that wife of yours into coming to the track at some point and charging $50 cash for medicals. She would have applicants lined around the building.

When the change came about, it allowed me to get an additional year on my medical. I contacted Ho and he promptly sent a new license to me.

AllZWay
10-09-2008, 12:29 PM
Doesn't hurt to know someone in the biz, eh?

Yep... I was about to panic, because the other Docs in her off were off today, but one came in to do paperwork and told her to have me come on up.

In and out of the office in less than 30 minutes...and NO cough or finger violation. :lol:

Wirtz
10-09-2008, 01:55 PM
Hope you had fun James....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfzXpE0QB2U