PDA

View Full Version : Man...... its been a little quiet here lately.

GlennCMC70
11-07-2008, 09:32 AM
guess you guys have your heads down getting ready for 2009.
i've been doing some "honey do" stuff. designing a cover for the rear patio, working on Nick R's new CMC car and keeping things moving forward for the 2008 Banquet. add to that, we are still working w/ NASA National on the 2009 rules.
as for my car, well its not even been out of the trailer since ECR. and i want to build a new car too.

AllZWay
11-07-2008, 12:19 PM
I have had tons of stuff to do around the house also... and still have some this weekend.

My girls have one more soccer game on Saturday, but they have already clinched the 7-9 year old Championship. Whoohoo

Sunday I plan to start working on my car. I have to put in a new clutch and water pump and I would like to get started on those this weekend.

Rob Liebbe
11-07-2008, 12:21 PM
I've been busy, you better get after it!

GlennCMC70
11-07-2008, 12:34 PM
well i'll not be running for points in 2009. i'm after the enduro and Nationals and thats all. i'll be at every event, racing or not.

AI#97
11-07-2008, 01:19 PM
I have been living the single life, drinking, partying and dealing with a torn muscle in my back with some AWESOME meds! I need to start building the cage in Gunter's CMC car soon so I guess I need to re-read the rules book. Glenn, are there any changes coming related to a new car build I should be concerned about in CMC/2 related to cages and safety...?

Beyond that, I need to weld up my front spindles so I don't experience what Team DownUnder had at ECR and I would like to build a new motor for 2009 with some more cubes and pump gas friendly pistons...might just settle for a new set of cams and try that first.

Still waiting for the moment that will let me realize we won Lemons Texas!... :? Just still hasn't sunk in for some reason....

michaelmosty
11-07-2008, 01:34 PM
I've done a couple of things to the car: new motor mounts, manifold gaskets, put the window net, extinguisher, and transponder back in the car from the LeMons car. I need to do the intake manifold gasket b/c it is oozing a little oil. Finally I'll wash and wax her for next year.

Other than that just waiting to see the rules for 2009. :wink:

Al Fernandez
11-07-2008, 03:34 PM
Man, I have done nothing on the car. Probably wont get to until after thanksgiving either. I guess I dont have to do much more than get a new hood and relocate my kill switch (so the next time I...uhhh...forget my hood pins the motor wont die!)

Fbody383
11-07-2008, 04:13 PM
i want to build a new car too.

Me too... oh wait, I am. Need to get wheels on it and see if it will move under its own power.

How many rookies at MSRH?

I know, you have to get signed off.... blah, blah, blah...

NickV
11-07-2008, 04:44 PM
Heading to TWS tomorrow to get some more seat time. Been putting finishing safety touches on the car lately. Ordered up the Canton pan and all, getting ready for the 305 to be swapped in and the car will be ready for CMC once I get signed off too :D

I'll be at MSR-H running HPDE in January. Should be fun!

AllZWay
11-07-2008, 04:49 PM

Nick...You should be really close. You should at least be able to race on Sunday shouldn't you?

NickV
11-07-2008, 05:09 PM

Nick...You should be really close. You should at least be able to race on Sunday shouldn't you?

Unfortunately, due to an illness, I missed the ECR event, therefore I was unable to work with Michael and get signed off of HPDE4 in order to do the comp school. So that will have to happen at MSR-H. Between now and then I'm just trying to make the next 2 or 3 TWS MSC events, make sure the car is running right for the new NASA season. 8)

David Love AI27
11-08-2008, 01:22 AM
still lookin' for a job... no $ to work on car(s)...

silversvo
11-08-2008, 08:36 AM
Working so much, I dont even have time to see my family and when I am not working I spend that little amount of time with them. I still have a few small things to do to my car and I am hoping to make MSRH in Jan/Feb.

Hey David, call me when you get this message.

marshall_mosty
11-08-2008, 10:04 AM
Working so much, I dont even have time to see my family and when I am not working I spend that little amount of time with them.
Sounds familiar... I'm planning on taking the car off the trailer from the April enduro in a few weeks to replace the steering and clean the car so I can get it ready for the next enduro.

With work, new house, family, and the race car now 45 minutes away from home it's proving VERY hard to get both the time and motivation required to work on the car...

Jeremy Gunter
11-09-2008, 02:27 AM
...and the race car now 45 minutes away from home...

Spent to much time listening to that new stellar music CD you bought in Seattle? :P (this is too easy)
Well I have been making lists, checking them twice, and trying to coordinate the building of my car from El Paso. Looks like thanksgiving with the fam will have to be cut a bit short, so I can rebuild the leaky rear end (me and my car have something in common). Gears, sub frame connectors, MFW cage, mirrors, safety gear, battery, shocks and springs, tires, trailer, panhard bar, Master DC........ the list will never end, I love this stuff...

Other than that, work is going good, saving my money, ready to DE at MSR-H... Can't wait for another weekend on track with you guys!

FTW another Rookie at MSR-H Racing or not, I'm a bloody Rookie! :oops:

Adam Ginsberg
11-09-2008, 09:51 PM
In flying to both coasts, and halfway in between in the matter of 3 weeks (LA to DFW for a week, NJ for a week, Chicago for a week, then back to LA), it left no time to get the car ready for this weekends season finale @ Buttonwillow.

So, I sat this race out as a competitor.

Instead, I was the Race Director and Tech inspector for the AI/AIX/FFR/SU/ST/CMC/CMC2 race group. Lot's of great close racing, 2 DQ's (contact and underweight...really hate doing that), good inspections (rear suspension, full safety inspection, 3 cars dyno'd, sway bars and front rotors), and WC season champions crowned:

Mike Plum - 2008 WC CMC Champion
Peter Hopelain - 2008 WC CMC2 Champion
Ryan Walton - 2008 WC AI Champion

Depending on my schedule for the rest of the year, I should be able to get the rear main seal fixed, install the new clutch and trans, and put it back to regular CMC specs prior to R1 of the 2009 season...which, hopefully, will be held at Laguna Seca in January.

The CA CMC group has treated me great, making me feel right at home. However, it's tough hearing all the great stuff going on in TX, and not being there to enjoy it.

Todd Covini
11-10-2008, 12:12 AM
I'm in the process of completely remodeling a previously poorly maintained house. After moving into our new Beaumont home mid-October, my Dad & I have been going thru each room and upgrading everything.

In addition to paint & trimwork, I've replaced all the plumbing from shut-off valves up. New faucets & hardware needed in all bathrooms. Brilliant realtor wanted it to look good so they spackled all the wallpaper seams in all the rooms and painted over everything...with very little sanding. Some rooms looked worse than a nice Lemons car.

This weekend we started on the kitchen and replaced the 15 year old disposal, microwave, stove & cooktops. Cabinets & counters coming out this week.

This is good prep for finishing the Mustang. I forgot what it's like to sit on the couch and watch TV anymore!!! Don't know if I'll be able to go back after being this active nites & weekends! :lol:

-=- Todd

David Love AI27
11-10-2008, 08:20 AM
I'm in the process of completely remodeling a previously poorly maintained house. After moving into our new Beaumont home mid-October, my Dad & I have been going thru each room and upgrading everything.

In addition to paint & trimwork, I've replaced all the plumbing from shut-off valves up. New faucets & hardware needed in all bathrooms. Brilliant realtor wanted it to look good so they spackled all the wallpaper seams in all the rooms and painted over everything...with very little sanding. Some rooms looked worse than a nice Lemons car.

This weekend we started on the kitchen and replaced the 15 year old disposal, microwave, stove & cooktops. Cabinets & counters coming out this week.

This is good prep for finishing the Mustang. I forgot what it's like to sit on the couch and watch TV anymore!!! Don't know if I'll be able to go back after being this active nites & weekends! :lol:

-=- Todd

R U having work done during the week or just U and Pops on the weekend?

I am good with plumbing and electrical and great helper for a remodeler... sheetrock, paint, replace light fixtures/fans,... I'm just not great at the detail stuff like cabinet work or taping and floating... will sleep in the popup camper in drive way... $150/day plus a little gas money... or you can save a little $ and just bring some gas from work :twisted:

I'm available immediately but need to be back this weekend for TDE event at TWS...

David Love AI27
11-10-2008, 08:39 AM

Unfortunately, due to an illness, I missed the ECR event, therefore I was unable to work with Michael and get signed off of HPDE4 in order to do the comp school. So that will have to happen at MSR-H. Between now and then I'm just trying to make the next 2 or 3 TWS MSC events, make sure the car is running right for the new NASA season. 8)

Sorry I didn't visit over the weekend, had usuall issues with the car... had a hellofa howling noise on left handers and esp under heavy accel... thought it was a bearing... checked out the right front... right rear... thought it might be tranny... checked it out and found that both bolts on transmission mount had pulled out (yes, "pulled out" stripped the threads) and drive shaft rubbing safety loop... Also, did some tire testing and confirmed that thin IS faster and that even very expensive racing tires go to crap after they sit for 5 years... Mixon GAVE me some new GY CS-GS racing tires for track days, Jason tookem out and "skated" around the track to soften them up then I went out and shredded them... they were great for honeing driving skills tho... Thanks Kevin, and I mean that sincerely, I get free mounting and balancing with Jay working at discount so if I get a weekend out of them, it saves me wasting race tires...

Anyway... how did you do? get any lap times? very nice car!!!

NickV
11-10-2008, 08:52 AM
Anyway... how did you do? get any lap times? very nice car!!!

Thanks! I saw your car on track a few times, you looked good!

My car ran great all weekend, save for an electrical problem Saturday morning. Had to get towed in. Otherwise it was strong. Costas instructed me all day Saturday and shaved about 7 seconds off my lap times by the end of the day. I corded two of my tires (I got my money's worth!), so next up for me is a set of tires (R888's most likely) and we're going to swap the 305 in, change a few suspension items, and hopefully be back either next month or in January to the next TWS MSC event.

rpoz27
11-10-2008, 11:55 AM
We had an absolutely beautiful weekend! Cool weather, sun, dry track, and no fog in the morning. Had 130 cars signed up for the weekend. The guys from Gashead Motorworks were here and were a huge help. Even had a brief cameo appearance by our illustrious race director.

Congratulations are due to Nick, who went from Blue (DE2) to Yellow (DE3) this weekend, and Wade, whose autocross skills translated nicely and got him bumped from the beginner group to Blue (DE2) on Sunday.

Thanks for helping out, DL, Chuck, and Costas. Also, thanks to Costas for letting me pick his brain about the fuel pressure issues on the Brokemaro. Going to try his ideas this week and hope the rain lets up enough to test on a dry track. 8)