PDA

View Full Version : MSR-H in the news

mitchntx
11-11-2008, 02:37 PM
http://www.khou.com/topstories/stories/khou081110_mp_training-for-pursuit-of-safety.19d7bc57a.html

Years ago, there was a Richland Hills police officer who posted up on our local forum explaining how fast his new pursuit Camaro was and that he had arranged to attend one of Rick Schwallenberg's events.

He talked some serious junk for a long while.

The day arrived and guess who was schooled? I know of one session where I lapped him!

After it was over, I told him "that radio doesn't do you much good out here, does it?" (See, I try and win over people every where I go, not just here and the national forum. I firmly believe in diversity ...)

This comment revived that memory ...

"If suspects are foolish enough to run, they should know that we're good enough and safe enough to catch them," said State Trooper Scott Hamilton.

What a great day that was ...

ShadowBolt
11-11-2008, 02:45 PM
I was at Cresson one TDE weekend back in 03 or 04 when a Richardson Police car showed up. I think they put him in the blue group and he SUCKED! I think I could have outrun him backwards in my Lightning pickem up truck. I told Rick, I guess I knew what town I could run from the cops in! It was really funny as hell.

My dad was a DPS officer for 33 years. In that time he spent most of it in Austin teaching at the Academy. For years he taught the driving courses. They had to do all of it on the streets of Austin. Once ,in 1969 he brought home a 69 Charger with controls to be able to shut off the brakes to each wheel one or more at a time. They went out on FM620 and filmed all kinds of skidding. He also drove in a few movies shot in and around Austin back in the 70's. Some cops CAN drive but I doubt that any without track time could stay with the average Texas CMC driver.

JJ

AllZWay
11-11-2008, 04:12 PM
The funny thing about Mitch's story was that the cop was running his dash recorder and said he would give us a copy of it.... until we whooped up on him too bad. :lol:

ShadowBolt
11-11-2008, 04:31 PM
"If suspects are foolish enough to run, they should know that we're good enough and safe enough to catch them," said State Trooper Scott Hamilton.

I doubt he knows much about us 1%ers.

JJ

mitchntx
11-11-2008, 04:35 PM
The funny thing about Mitch's story was that the cop was running his dash recorder and said he would give us a copy of it.... until we whooped up on him too bad. :lol:

That was the weekend Chris went off entering Big Bend and wound up in the trees WAAAAAY off track.

Nick claims he tried to get the video. I think Nick was threatened and forced to drop trying to confiscate the evidence.

Nick
11-11-2008, 05:33 PM
He still lives in the neighborhood. See him drive by sometimes.

GlennCMC70
11-11-2008, 05:36 PM
flip him the bird!