PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Kylar Alexus Reynolds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jeffburch
11-15-2008, 12:39 PM
I spoke with Troy (silverSVO) Reynolds this morning.
He had the following to say;

"IT'S A BABY GIRL!!!
(and a mom!)
BORN: Kylar Alexus Reynolds
GAVE BIRTH: Keri Reynolds
DATE: November 14, 2008 (Yes, it took Keri months to get around to ordering announcements. So sue her.)
WEIGHT: The baby is 8lbs 2oz. As for mom, let's see: She's eating 500 extra calories a day for breastfeeding, plus half a pound of chocolate to stay awake, plus all the lasagna her friends can cook. You do the math!
EYES: Baby's green/Mom's bloodshot
HAIR: Baby's dark/Mom's unwashed since last Tuesday and falling out by the handful.
LENGTH: Practically forever -- at least 26 hours of labor, plus 3 hours of pushing. And that's not counting those eight visits to the hospital the week before, when Keri thought she was in labor but it was really Braxton Hicks; or the half hour after the baby came out, when her OB kept doing things "down there" that are best not thought about...
OH, and the baby was 20 inches!
SEX: Never again!!"

Congrats Keri and Troy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jb

michaelmosty
11-15-2008, 01:21 PM
Congratulations Troy and family!!

silversvo
11-15-2008, 02:49 PM
Jeff now that is pretty good and thank you Michael!!!

Not only did my wife, Keri have the baby last night, she did it completely natural without any drugs... :shock:

Kylar came too fast and our doctor didnt even make it to the hospital as we had a resident doctor(McDreamer according to my mother-in-law) deliver her. I can see a lack of sleep in my future as I didnt have any last night and when I did get some, it was for three hours which was blissful!! Jeff caught me that morning right when I woke up...

I also see a shifter cart purchase in the future!!! :D

marshall_mosty
11-15-2008, 08:37 PM
Congrats Troy!!!

David Love AI27
11-15-2008, 09:13 PM
I also see a shifter cart purchase in the future!!! :D

and a shotgun :shock:

Congrats to you both.... :D

great writeup JB... I vote for Burch to compose race reports in 2009... :twisted:

AllZWay
11-15-2008, 10:44 PM
Congrats..... I hope you better success than I did with my youngest.... She never slept an entire night until she was almost 3 years old. :shock:

David Love AI27
11-15-2008, 11:05 PM
Congrats..... I hope you better success than I did with my youngest.... She never slept an entire night until she was almost 3 years old. :shock:

when Amber was born the wife and I were sitting in the hospital room and we heard this baby crying VERY loud and I said "I feel sorry for the parents of that kid" then it got louder and the nurse opened the door and there was Amber.. :shock:

jeffburch
11-15-2008, 11:38 PM
great writeup JB... I vote for Burch to compose race reports in 2009... :twisted:

Uuuuuuuhhhhh, NO!
Credit google search/cut/paste/fill blanks.
I had to look up Braxton Hicks.
I was like WTF is that LOL!

jb

Todd Covini
11-16-2008, 01:24 AM
Congrats Troy!!!

rpoz27
11-16-2008, 02:30 PM
Congratulations, Troy!

BryanL
11-16-2008, 08:52 PM
Congrats.

I like the comment about a shifter kart. Too bad NASA doesn't run any karts for the kids at our races.

Adam Ginsberg
11-16-2008, 11:59 PM
Congrats, Troy!

cobra132
11-17-2008, 09:34 AM
Congrats! Heres my personal experience:
Baby #1: In the crib next to our bed. Up and down all night.
Baby #2: Down the hall with door partially open and fancy intercom system. I slept a little beter (You can turn the intercom off)
Baby #3: Down the hall with both doors closed. I slept like a baby.
They all turned out great. For what its worth. FMR

Fbody383
11-17-2008, 10:44 AM
Not only did my wife, Keri have the baby last night, she did it completely nature without any drugs... :shock:

Yep... been there. Still have a higher respect for my wife since then.

Congratulations and welcome to the club!

mitchntx
11-17-2008, 11:00 AM
Congrats on the new additions.

My wife has spoken of the pain she endured while giving birth. She doesn't bring it up as a data point or as a point of conversation, but rather to elicit some empathy or as a word based dagger, usually while in an agitated state.

Over the years, I have invoked numerous strategies with which to propel said attack. The most effective to date has been ...

"I can't imagine the pain of many, but finite, hours of labor and finally birth. However the emotional and physical scars inflicted upon me while you were under this partuition induced psychosis has lasted a lifetime"

Fbody383
11-17-2008, 03:56 PM
...you were under this partuition induced psychosis...
Since I had to look it up anyway; we need spell checker (or word of the day) here:

Main Entry: par·tu·ri·tion
Pronunciation: \ˌpär-chə-ˈri-shən, ˌpär-tyu̇-, ˌpär-tə-\
Function: noun
Etymology: Late Latin parturition-, parturitio, from Latin parturire
Date: 1646
: the action or process of giving birth to offspring

mitchntx
11-17-2008, 04:48 PM
meh ... what's an "r" amongst friends ...

silversvo
11-17-2008, 10:01 PM
Thank you everyone!!! She is currently home now and I have attached a couple pics of her. She has been very good as she has been sleeping 2 hours and staying awake for one... I can manage to survive on that type of sleep schedule.

David - I already had the shotgun in mind... I tried to call you as soon as I got the text...

Al Fernandez
11-18-2008, 02:10 AM
Nice! Congrats Troy!