PDA

View Full Version : Too Loud

jeremiahkellam
11-30-2008, 07:09 PM
Looking for muffler recomendations. Something cheap

michaelmosty
11-30-2008, 07:35 PM
You want something quieter?
I don't know about that, I like the Dynomax bullett mufflers.

I did try some super-cheap ones from Summitt ($20 each) and they were rediculously quiet. I switched them out after 2 events b/c I could barely hear what the motor was doing. They were Summitt universal stock-type mufflers 2.5" in/out.

jeremiahkellam
11-30-2008, 07:44 PM
Not looking for "way quieter," just a little. I could be wrong, but it seems like my car is too loud. I still want to hear the engine roar, but it would be nice to hear the tires too.

GlennCMC70
11-30-2008, 07:49 PM
DynoMax Bullets. 12"long x 3" in/out.

AI#97
12-01-2008, 12:59 PM
Not looking for "way quieter," just a little. I could be wrong, but it seems like my car is too loud. I still want to hear the engine roar, but it would be nice to hear the tires too.

I have a set of spintech Sportsman pro's setup for dumps ready to bolt in with stock hangers collecting dust in the corner of my garage. have 100 street miles and about 12 race weekends on them... Make you a deal for $125. No rust at all...I was just keeping them in case a track complained I was too loud...

They aren't too loud, still have a deep tone and don't sound like everything else! I would even let you try them out to see if you like them first.

Todd Covini
12-01-2008, 09:26 PM
3 chamber Flowmasters
mellow tone
max torque
(...and what is this word "cheap" you speak of?) :lol: