PDA

View Full Version : A show of support

David Love AI27
12-10-2008, 12:27 PM
At noon today, Amber's husband, Adam will be/has left for Afganistan on his one year tour of duty... for two weeks now there have been countless "going away" parties for him... this is something he signed up for and trained for... he already did one tour and was shot, so he knows what he is facing... ON THE OTHER HAND, Amber has had NO training or experience dealing with being left alone for a whole year... I am asking for a show of support for Amber, not Adam, from you, her extended family... lets blowup her cell phone with texts... if you have it in your heart, text her at 281-433-8336, with your support and an invitation to hang out at the track in 2009... thanks to all...

cobra132
12-10-2008, 05:15 PM
Sadly texting is not in my skill set, but please pass along our support to Amber. I was in the Army for 14 years and I know that the military does a good job supporting the service member but not so good a job supporting the family members and they need are the support they can get. FMR

cobra132
12-10-2008, 05:16 PM
Sadly texting is not in my skill set, but please pass along our support to Amber. I was in the Army for 14 years and I know that the military does a good job supporting the service member but not so good a job supporting the family members and they need all the support they can get. FMR

cobra132
12-10-2008, 05:17 PM
See what I mean. :oops: FMR

Rob Liebbe
12-10-2008, 09:11 PM
See what I mean. :oops: FMR

That's just funny as hell.

All my best to Amber, hope to see her out and about soon. Even more luck to her husband.

jeffburch
12-11-2008, 11:54 AM
DL,
here's your snowman pic.
jb

http://www.texicanracing.com/nasatx/JeffBurch/197.jpg

Al Fernandez
12-11-2008, 05:31 PM
Thats rough...but there is a silver lining, like not having to argue about what to watch on TV or where to go for dinner :wink:

Thanks for the sacrifices you and your family make that enable the rest of us to live like we do.