PDA

View Full Version : Show of support

David Love AI27
12-27-2008, 10:12 PM
This is a partial copy of an email from Amber...

Hello,
I found out what Adam's mailing address is going to be over in Afghanistan for sending letters and packages. I only have some peoples email address' so feel free to forward it on to anyone else that you know of who wants it. I'm getting a package together this next week w/ some things that he forgot here at home, so for those who live close and have anything they want to contribute to the box let me know. Right now he is asking for:

An electric blanket
beef jerky and candy
cheap golf balls (i guess he's taking up golf??)
thick warm winter socks
hand/pocket warmers
cold and flu medicine both day time and night time, he said it's flu season over there and he's been having trouble sleeping
he really wants and i pod so he can listen to music
a cheap shaving or pocket mirror
twin size top sheets and pillow cases...fitted sheets will b too big so he only needs top sheets

The rest of the stuff he wants I've already gotten together, if anyone wants to pitch in on anything, let me know. Also, there is a website that you can go to that's for the public to see updates and news from his unit, there's also a list of items on the page that all of the soldiers are needing, but there is a shortage of over there so they're asking for groups or anyone who can donate any of these items...any help at all is greatly appreciated. If anyone knows of someone that can donate any of these items, please let me know. Here is the list of items needed:

Balaclavas 874 About 350 shipped

Winter Wool
Hiking/trekking Socks XL -- 3000 Pairs
About 1000 pair will meet this goal, now

L -- 2000 Pairs 6-4 Family sent 33 pair to Keating
Thanks to a donor in Florida 168 Pair
L -- 1799 Pair now needed

M -- 1000 Pairs Thanks to a donor in Florida 82 Pair
M -- 918 Pair now needed

University of NC Group has sent a large amount of socks.

Thermal Underwear XL -- 675 sets Now needed about 300
sent about 375 sets
L -- 500 sets
M -- 175 sets

Hand warmers 5000 sent 1200
Now needed 3800
Feet warmers 5000 sent 480
Now needed 4620
Fleece blankets 544 Now needed about 400

Here is Adams' mailing address

SGT. Adam W. Abernathy
A TRP, TF 6-4 CAV
COP Lowell
APO, AE 09354

Thank you and love to all,
Amber

a little back story...

Adam is a big fan of 4 wheelin and rock crawling until he came to one of our events... he helped me build a 305 for the 27 car after the first motor blewup... he and I built it in one night with the help of many Crown and Cokes... the motor blew after 1 and 1/2 sessions and was dubbed the "Crown motor"... (it really had nothing to do with the Crown, I believe the heads were already damaged from the first failure)

Anyway, he is now a big American Iron fan and wants to join our group upon his return, mainly because of the way we all get along at the track.

It would be great if he could get a few letters or cards of support, especially since he missed Christmas with his daughter.

I will take up a collection at our first event if anyone wants to send anything over there. Even if you are against the war, these guys are only doing what is asked of them...

Thanks

ps the golf balls are being thrown from helicopters at the agitators, not too many golf courses out there, one big sand trap...

Rob Liebbe
12-28-2008, 08:02 PM
To hell with the golf balls, send 'em extra bullets!!!!