PDA

View Full Version : Rare photo of the Ranchero discovered!

GlennCMC70
02-07-2009, 10:56 AM
A museum owner was recently digging thru boxes of historic photos donated to the museum when this rare photo was spotted.
"I couldn’t believe my eyes", says Milford P. Watford, "If I hadn't just seen it (the Ranchero) racing just last weekend at MSR-H, I likely wouldn’t have recognized it."
The photo contains Todd A Covini on the tail of Shorty Rollins. A familiar position for Todd even now days as he can be seen in the same position with Adam Ginsburg, a descendant of Shorty Rollins, at events around the Texas area.
Although Covini now runs the number "2" in place of the "98", it is in fact the same car. When asked about the reason for the number change, its rumored that it was due to Covini not being able to count to "98", so a new "goal" was picked.
"This photo will become a center piece of the new Texas Motorsports wing of our museum." says Milford P. Watford, "None of this would be possible without the generous donations of LAW Motorsports and Thanks Stacy School of Auto Body Repair, for which the new wing will be named.
When asked what Milford P. Watford thought of Ranchero's, he commented, "They are o.k., but it seems no matter where you park them, someone will inevitably though some trash in the back of it! But that will not be tolerated at my museum! I'll turn my dog loose on you if I catch you!"
The sad reality of it all is Milford P. Watford doesn’t own a museum that normal folks would refer to as a "museum". Milford P. Watford owns an all Ford salvage yard. Nice photo none the less.

http://www.legendsofnascar.com/Shorty_Rollins_99Conv.jpg

Todd Covini
02-07-2009, 12:47 PM
:lol: Ahhh...those were the days, when Men were Men and racecars were convertibles!

Rob Liebbe
02-07-2009, 05:17 PM
:lol: Ahhh...those were the days, when Men were Men and racecars were convertibles!

Well at least your racecar is a convertible. One out of two ain't bad!

jeffburch
02-07-2009, 07:23 PM
Very nice find Glenn!
I think this is the funniest thing I've seen in quite some time.

jb

michaelmosty
02-07-2009, 08:10 PM
This truely is a rare picture, neither of the cars shown are spinning off track. :lol:

GlennCMC70
02-08-2009, 12:20 AM
This truely is a rare picture, neither of the cars shown are spinning off track. :lol:

that pic is interactive. draw a stick man in the passenger seat of the 2nd car, and watch it spin!

Al Fernandez
02-09-2009, 08:18 AM
Thats histerical! :lol: