PDA

View Full Version : I never really got to know you...

BlueFirePony
02-10-2009, 08:41 PM
After calling it home for almost 20 years, my family and I will be leaving Texas in a few months. While this decision is without a doubt the best thing for my family I am really torn because of all the wonderful people in the Great State of Texas...you all included! I have to believe that someday I will be back...this state has really grown on me.

But in the meantime, I've taken a job with a company in Ohio that is actually growing (albeit slowly) in this tough economy.

My wife has most of her family in Ohio and 3 of my kids want to finish their college education at Ohio State (choking football team but tops in the fields in which my kids are studying).

I was holding off on this post hoping that I would be able to make Cresson, but I probably won't be back in town long enough to get the car ready (just a few fix-it tickets but even those are tough to do when the car is 2000 miles away) so I figured now was as good a time as any.

I hope I can at least be in town so I can hang out with you all at least for a bit that weekend. One less car running around the back of the pack won't hurt I am sure but I'd be happy to help Frank with the grill.

I will probably pack the car up for the rest of the year and look to re-start my rookie season in 2010 in the Great Lakes region. My brother-in-law is a proud knuckle-dragger in Ohio and is looking to help me and my son build another car so hopefully we'll successfully get our race team off the ground next year - I am really looking forward to racing with my son as some of you have had the good fortune to do with your son's - I really don't think it gets any better than that.

At least I hope to watch the Trans-Am series and Rolex/Koni races at Mid-Ohio this year in person. Not quite the same as being on track myself but better than nothing.

I am really glad I managed to at least get to race with all y'all at least once. It was definately worth all the effort to get there.

I do want to really thank some people so bare with me here:

The gang at PST - Dave, Susan, AJ, Joe, Kevin, Brandon - you all have been great friends...good advice, excellent work, great to have met you. I can't wait to see than friggin' viper on the track...please send/post pix and video when you have it.

Al, Glenn and Todd - thanks for guiding me into the group - I definately took a long way around but you were all really helpful.

Frank, Matt, Mitch, Michael, JP, JB, J&J, Rob, Robert, Gary, Skip (gawd who am I forgetting...OK you too!) - thanks for all the suggestions, jokes, beers, brats (damn...the brats!! buuuurrrrrppp)

Daron - I've said it before...but damn brother...everytime I talk to you I improve my lap times by whole seconds...I don't think I necessarily suk that bad..I just think you are that good at explaining it. 5 seconds off my lap at Cresson 3.1 configuration in 2007, 1:52 to 1:46 at Houston in 2007 and 2:08 to 2:05 at ECR last year.

Dave Love - the on track training was top notch - you are as standup a guy as they come. I seriously plan to demonstrate the same passion and honor in racing that you do. I really hope we can do it again some day sir!

I can't say enough about this group of racers. I have seen such amazing acts of support that it really just makes this move that much harder because I was really looking forward to years of racing with you all.

Guess we'll have to meet at Nationals in 2010 - I'll be the one drinking a Molsen and holding out a Keystone in friendship ;)

AI#97
02-10-2009, 09:29 PM
Well, Damnit! Hate to see you go but do yourself an favor and hit Mid Ohio with the race car as much as you can. It's a great track and you will meet great people in that region as well as some of the same serious competition as you see here in TX. I think nationals returns there in 2011....hopefully we can all hoist a beer or two again then!

Good luck and stay safe!

mitchntx
02-10-2009, 09:48 PM
Good luck to you. Our time with you was way too short.

Good luck on the new job and make sure to remember your Texas family.

michaelmosty
02-10-2009, 10:58 PM
Dang Brian, sorry to hear about the move but glad it is in a positive direction. Best of luck in Ohio and we hope to see you on track again soon. I'll be ready for a Keystone. :wink:

Todd Covini
02-10-2009, 11:06 PM
You'll be missed. I'll never forget that "HPDE" ride you gave me and I thought...."brother, you're halfway there!".

Remember your roots and we'll cross paths another time for sure. Look me up if you come to a Grand Am race!

Regarding the car and racing with your son....follow those dreams!

-=- Todd

David Love AI27
02-10-2009, 11:52 PM
One less car running around the back of the pack won't hurt I am sure but I'd be happy to help Frank with the grill.

You woulda been starting near the front for sure... I decided to run AI this year in hopes of racing with you in some traffic...

is looking to help me and my son build another car so hopefully we'll successfully get our race team off the ground next year - I am really looking forward to racing with my son as some of you have had the good fortune to do with your son's - I really don't think it gets any better than that.

You can't join your son on the High School or College playing fields but your kids can always join you at the track and with proper training you can feel comfortable in knowing this is a safe sport for the entire family

I really hope we can do it again some day sir!

That day can't come soon enough. I'd run side by side with you through any corner on any track...

I know you are busy making the move but if you ever get a chance to burn me a copy of R4 at ECR, I would be eternally greatful...

Stay in touch... I would love to take a trip up to Mid-Ohio for a weekend of racing...

GlennCMC70
02-11-2009, 12:03 AM
depending on what the fix-it-ticket is, we could likely allow you to run one last event w/ us.
contact the person who made a log book entry on your car, or me and Al.

cobra132
02-11-2009, 12:22 AM
Well this sucks! Oh well, you must seize opportunity when it presents itself. I wish you and your family all the luck. FMR

AllZWay
02-11-2009, 08:55 AM
I sure hate to see you leave us....but best of luck to you and your family.

Try real hard to run with us one more time before you get moved though.

Al Fernandez
02-11-2009, 08:58 AM
Oh man, so sorry to see you go. I'm sure its for the best, but we're certainly going to miss you around here. I agree with Glenn, just bring the car to Cresson and we'll do what we need to do to get you out there. Besides, I have so AICMCTexas shirts for you :D

ShadowBolt
02-11-2009, 10:24 AM
Man this sucks but I know you have to do what is best for your family. Racing with your son is the best it can be. Come race with us at Cresson. You will be missed!

JJ

David Love AI27
02-11-2009, 01:17 PM
The "blue oval" guys just "say" they are gonna miss "you"... it is really the beautiful car they are really gonna miss... I'm a big fan of the car too... but seriously, get to Cresson and race...

BlueFirePony
02-11-2009, 09:37 PM
Thanks guys.

I'd like to take one last crack before the move - I'll see what I can do about making it to Cresson for at least one day.

Glenn/Al - Thanks. If I manage to work it out schedule-wise I'll be in touch about the car.

Dave - I am sure I can at least get a DVD cut for you by Cresson.

Todd, I definately plan to be at the Grand-Am races later this year (June?) at Mid-Ohio.

Todd Covini
02-11-2009, 10:15 PM
Thanks guys.

Todd, I definately plan to be at the Grand-Am races later this year (June?) at Mid-Ohio.

I just got confirmation from GA that I'm working that weekend. See you there!!!

-=- Todd