PDA

View Full Version : FS: Mustang 12" Wilwood 4-piston setup (from cc.com)

Adam Ginsberg
02-12-2009, 10:07 AM
Not mine, no affiliation with the buyer....but his price is hard to ignore. $575 plus shipping. As much as I dislike the idea of 4-piston calipers in CMC (hey Al!), this is a great deal.

http://forums.corner-carvers.com/showthread.php?t=39923

mitchntx
02-12-2009, 11:01 AM
Not mine, no affiliation with the buyer....but his price is hard to ignore. $575 plus shipping. As much as I dislike the idea of 4-piston calipers in CMC (hey Al!), this is a great deal.

I think I'll buy them to keep the Jordans from getting them ...

AllZWay
02-12-2009, 11:35 AM

Good idea!! :P

ShadowBolt
02-12-2009, 12:20 PM

That's not nice.
Jay and I don't use our brakes near as much as we should. Right now with our current driving style we would not gain anything by purchasing this set-up. We don't ever get the set-up we have now hot enough to hurt anything. We ran Hallett, TWS, ECR, and MSRH on the 01's in the car now and I bet we could make MSRC before having to change pads. If we could brake as hard and late as Michael does we would be way faster. I do like the quick change pad option as this is almost exactly like the one's I had on my 2003 Lightning. One bad thing is the Coleman rotors (rings for the aluminum hats) are over $300.00 a set. If Mitch thinks I should not have them then I need to purchase them fast.

JJ

michaelmosty
02-12-2009, 01:25 PM
I ran TWS, ECR, and MSRH on my set of 01's and they are toast. :cry: A new set is going in for Cresson.
I am putting on a new set of rear pads for Cresson also, they only lasted 11 events.

Back on topic, Al, are these the same Wilwood calipers you now have on your car?

mitchntx
02-12-2009, 02:57 PM
If Mitch thinks I should not have them then I need to purchase them fast.

JJ

I can either spend $1500 in trying to go faster or $575 to keep you where you are ... hmmm ...

ShadowBolt
02-12-2009, 04:52 PM
If Mitch thinks I should not have them then I need to purchase them fast.

JJ

I can either spend $1500 in trying to go faster or $575 to keep you where you are ... hmmm ...

Spend the $1500.00 and I will spend nothing. Remember my engine has "LEGGS". CMC17 has 100 lbs. on your fourth gen and with my 3:73's. On a short track like MSRH, MSRC, and Hallett I think I should be okay without the bigger brakes. You will still kick my ass most of the time but it's gonna get less and less as we get seat time. But what do we old F'ers do about all these fast as hell Rookies?

JJ

BryanL
02-12-2009, 08:31 PM
I think Jerry needs to get that stroker motor on the dyno again now that its in the double digits for a/f.

mitchntx
02-12-2009, 09:58 PM
I think Jerry needs to get that stroker motor on the dyno again now that its in the double digits for a/f.

And I think you need to worry about geting your OWN dyno ...

Rsmith350
02-12-2009, 10:40 PM
But what do we old F'ers do about all these fast as hell Rookies?

Nothing, cause we're just gonna get faster.....well that is if some of us can get cars built lol

Adam Ginsberg
02-12-2009, 10:46 PM
Back on topic, Al, are these the same Wilwood calipers you now have on your car?

They'll likely be close, but I'd venture a guess the piston sizes aren't the same.

BryanL
02-12-2009, 10:48 PM
I have always had a legal dyno. Haven't been this year but I haven't been on the track either. Have legal pulls for the new numbers but that was done last year.
Can't wait to hit the dyno with the changes I have in store. Heads, cam, intake, and exhuast are all ready to go on as well as 110 pounds coming off.

ShadowBolt
02-13-2009, 08:33 AM

I have a dyno sheet and I'm sticking with it. Who knows what my A/F will be at the next event. I had to give Marshall his MAF back. I have another rebuilt on the way but you know how well that worked out last time.

Stroker?????????

JJ

AI#97
02-13-2009, 09:56 AM
I have always had a legal dyno. Haven't been this year but I haven't been on the track either. Have legal pulls for the new numbers but that was done last year.
Can't wait to hit the dyno with the changes I have in store. Heads, cam, intake, and exhuast are all ready to go on as well as 110 pounds coming off.

You coming over to AI? If so, bring the bud light buddy!!!!

BryanL
02-13-2009, 10:02 PM
Getting 888's tomorrow on some 9.5's tomorrow but why would I want to come to AI? I'll be bringing bud light to cresson for you.
My goal is to reduce the power on the car as much as possible so that I can run a larger restrictor to help with throttle response.
I have an LS1 intake, 806 heads, 98 model exhuast manifolds, 02 model truck cam that should boost low end torqe (mine has the 98 cam that is more aggressive), and stock y pipe. The question is will I be able to get all of this done and still lose 110 lbs or what is the most important for me to do before cresson.

jeffburch
02-13-2009, 10:35 PM
Getting 888's tomorrow on some 9.5's tomorrow but why would I want to come to AI? I'll be bringing bud light to cresson for you.
My goal is to reduce the power on the car as much as possible so that I can run a larger restrictor to help with throttle response.
I have an LS1 intake, 806 heads, 98 model exhuast manifolds, 02 model truck cam that should boost low end torqe (mine has the 98 cam that is more aggressive), and stock y pipe. The question is will I be able to get all of this done and still lose 110 lbs or what is the most important for me to do before cresson.

What model F car did the 806 heads come on?
Same question on the truck cam.
jb

GlennCMC70
02-13-2009, 10:35 PM
no go on that cam Bryan.

mitchntx
02-14-2009, 01:05 AM

What model F car did the 806 heads come on?
Same question on the truck cam.
jb

806s are early model perimeter bolt heads found on 97 to mid year 99 LS1 motors. They have a HUGE shroud around the valve guides and kills flow significantly.

Mike(?) Yelvi, when he worked an Hans Fuestel's shop, ported a set for me and got flow almost up to stock LS6 heads. Killed the valve guides, though.

Bryan, the EGR intake, heads and 98 LS1 cam with your 02 injectors, stock exhaust and cats might get the unrestricted power below 300 ... :roll:

BryanL
02-14-2009, 09:11 AM
Truck cam was used in 01-02 cars with the LS6 intake. It is less aggressive but is the same cam used in earlier 6.0 truck motors. Since my car was a T2 SCCA cars I was told it had a 98 model cam. I have the original cam though.

See post #6.
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/new-ls1-owners-newbie-tech/213148-jrps-faq-commonly-asked-questions.html

The cam should boost low end torque which is what I need since once restricted my tq is well under 300.

Yeah, Mitch the question is if its all worth it. The 806's are a rougher cast and when ported perform just like the 241's but not as good as the 243 LS6 heads.

Al Fernandez
02-14-2009, 11:13 AM
Those are similar to mine: same caliper essentially but mine are radial mount and these are lug mount. Different piston sizes as well, but that is driven by the master cylinder size anyway.

Hell of a deal on this setup...if you want to think about it but need help making sure piston sizes would be right for you give me a call.

Al Fernandez
02-14-2009, 11:36 AM
Bryan...you're doing all of this so you can run a bigger restrictor?? Seems to me like you're chasing a white elephant...

BryanL
02-14-2009, 06:52 PM
Bryan...you're doing all of this so you can run a bigger restrictor?? Seems to me like you're chasing a white elephant...

I thought I was chasing Procter :?

ShadowBolt
02-14-2009, 07:51 PM

There are several of us your gonna have to get by to be ready to go after JP.

JJ

Jeremy Gunter
02-15-2009, 02:28 AM

There are several of us your gonna have to get by to be ready to go after JP.

JJ

not that I've had a lot of time behind team Jordan, but I do know how wide that fox can be... GL to ya Bryan :)