PDA

View Full Version : Team Announcement

mitchntx
03-09-2009, 07:00 PM
The LAW is being formed, with driver Mike Patterson and owner/driver Mitch Warren in the CMC2 #9 white Firebird.

Per CCR 22.4.2, a race team must be declared prior to either driver receiving points in that class for that season. As you know, I raced at Houston and did gather points.

I petitioned National to grant a waiver of 22.4.2 and John Lindsey agreed that the circumstances surrounding Mike's relocation were special enough to grant this one time waiver.

Subsequent to the Round one in Houston, Mike Patterson decided to relocate to Texas all due to circumstances beyond his control. His loss is definitely our gain.

His car is still need of some repair after slapping the wall at Fontana in 07 and I personally owe Mike a huge debt of gratitude for all his years of mentoring.

The formation of this team will allow Mike to get back into the Texas racing family and, most importantly, allow him to get enough races to qualify for Nationals in 09.

After Mr. Lindsey had granted the waiver, I discussed the issue with Al Fernandez, the AI/CMC director, and received his blessing as well. He polled the other CMC2 competitors within class and it has been agreed that The LAW will begin the season with zero points, the Houston race will be shown as droppable, zero point races and Mitch Warren will maintain the points he received in Houston.

Mitch Warren will NOT bring his points forward into the newly formed team.

As I write this note, Mike is currently in transit to the DFW area and will have all his paperwork in order to be able to drive this weekend.

michaelmosty
03-09-2009, 07:08 PM
Very cool news, Mike has one heck of an arrive and drive program!!
Welcome back to TX! 8)

AI#97
03-09-2009, 08:46 PM
Great news! However, man up and put an AI sticker on that pig already! You KNOW you want to!!!! :lol:

GlennCMC70
03-09-2009, 09:40 PM
Great news! However, man up and put an AI sticker on that pig already! You KNOW you want to!!!! :lol:

accually, we are gonna work Mike over pretty hard about going to CMC-2 w/ his car.

Todd Covini
03-09-2009, 10:28 PM
Welcome to the world of car owner/drivers!
Look forward to seeing you guys this weekend, Mitch Ganassi.

Signed,
Todd Penske

Waco Racer
03-10-2009, 11:02 AM
Make sure you bring all of your documentation to the race this weekend.

mitchntx
03-10-2009, 12:43 PM
Make sure you bring all of your documentation to the race this weekend.

It's gonna be tough to get a picture of Mike, printed and suitable for publication before this weekend.

Is that a deal breaker?

evarner
03-10-2009, 12:54 PM
Welcome back, Mike P.!!! 8)

AllZWay
03-10-2009, 01:22 PM
Welcome aboard Mike.....although you should run with the big dogs in CMC instead. :D