PDA

View Full Version : WTB or Borrow Short Stick for T56

BryanL
03-09-2009, 08:20 PM
Put a Pro 5.0 shifter on and now it interferes too much with the knee bar. Does anyone have a short stick I could try to see if it would work well? Otherwise Glenn made an adapter for me awhile back that I will try to get working.

Bryan

GlennCMC70
03-09-2009, 08:38 PM
Bryan, something is wrong. it shouldnt get anywhere closeto that bar if the stocker didnt.

we can make it work, no worries.

BryanL
03-09-2009, 08:42 PM
Oh, the stocker was real close too. So it didn't take much of a change and my hand would interfere with the bar.

Rsmith350
03-09-2009, 09:58 PM
So it didn't take much of a change and my hand would interfere with the bar.

MAN!!!! there is a joke in there somewhere!!!!!! :shock:

Rob Liebbe
03-10-2009, 07:22 AM
Too late I know, but Steeda makes a shifter handle that puts the knob back and to the left compared to a normal handle. They call it the Pro Comfort - or some such name. I got one on the T-5 in my car.

mitchntx
03-10-2009, 07:36 AM
I have that 2-piece Ripper you can borrow.

BryanL
03-10-2009, 08:07 AM
Mitch-if you can put it in the trailer I would appreciate it. I have the stocker in the trailer if I don't find something that works better.

Ross-you coming up this weekend?

Rob-I'll check the steeda setup.

AI#97
03-10-2009, 04:29 PM
Mitch-if you can put it in the trailer I would appreciate it. I have the stocker in the trailer if I don't find something that works better.

Ross-you coming up this weekend?

Rob-I'll check the steeda setup.

Buy an MGW and you will love it. I have one on my T56 and you are welcomed to have a seat and see if you like it.

BryanL
03-10-2009, 04:34 PM
What is MGW? I know MFW and MGD.

AI#97
03-10-2009, 07:27 PM
http://www.mgwltd.com/default.html

they build shifters for every OTHER T56 car but I don't see an F-body on there... are the shifters different than all the other cars running T56's...?

If you can make it work, it is one of the best shifters on the market, if not THE best. There was a picture floating around on the web of someone picking the entire car up with a crane by the shifter handle/shifter mounted on the car...

mitchntx
03-10-2009, 07:49 PM
If you can make it work, it is one of the best shifters on the market, if not THE best. There was a picture floating around on the web of someone picking the entire car up with a crane by the shifter handle/shifter mounted on the car...

Not sure why that is important unless it can double as front/rear tow hooks.

AI#97
03-10-2009, 08:29 PM

Not sure why that is important unless it can double as front/rear tow hooks.

Well, if YOU had one, I could drag you around track faster than your CMC breathren. :roll:

There are a ton of aftermarket handles that break as well as crappy shifters that wear out.

mitchntx
03-10-2009, 08:34 PM
So a shackle shifter will make me faster?

AI#97
03-10-2009, 09:42 PM
So a shackle shifter will make me faster?

couldn't make you any slower.....AND it might help Todd find 5th if you ever let him drive it again.

Mitch, I do hope you catch on that I am just fucking with you!!! :lol:

AllZWay
03-10-2009, 09:50 PM
So it didn't take much of a change and my hand would interfere with the bar.

MAN!!!! there is a joke in there somewhere!!!!!! :shock:

No kidding... I was thinking he probably already had a short stick. :P

AI#97
03-10-2009, 09:53 PM
For those of you cracking on Brian's "short stick", I hope you wipe off the tops of your bud lights before taking a swig! God knows what might have been rubbed on the the top of it! ;)

mitchntx
03-10-2009, 10:01 PM

How can anyone tell the difference between the "fucking with you" Matt doll and "I'm an asshole" Matt doll?

Oh ... BTW ... me too. :D

michaelmosty
03-10-2009, 10:11 PM

How can anyone tell the difference between the "fucking with you" Matt doll and "I'm an asshole" Matt doll?

Oh ... BTW ... me too. :D
Which "Matt doll" is this?

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/funny-pictures-cat-doll-indifference-training.jpg

mitchntx
03-10-2009, 10:30 PM
That's the "Cross dressing, Pedo-Matt" doll and the cat is trying not to vomit.

BryanL
03-11-2009, 05:09 PM
I was well aware all you homo's would make comments about the title. Not surprised it came from the dude that lives in Gay Paris (the S is silent).

Think I have seen that shifter in some other stangs in car video and liked the looks. One of them looks like it would work in an F-body. Otherwise the handle looks like it should bolt in.

Todd Covini
03-11-2009, 09:51 PM
Back on track...ditto on MGW shifters.
The guy's the son of a gun maker.
The shifters have the same feel as a .45 handgun.
Sure it's overkill for a shifter, but if comfort, grip and a solid feel is what you're after...there is no better shifter.

I love mine (if Eric will let me drive it again).

-=- Todd

PS- Barry Anders in one of our newest instructors (S/C'd Lotus Exige) and he knows the owner and did the marketing photos for them. Ask him about the company this weekend. Cool stuff....

edrock96GT
04-19-2009, 04:20 PM
Hmm...is this thread dead yet?

For what it's worth, I put a Restomod shifter in my car with a TKO 600 when I was home a couple weeks ago and that thing is worth it's weight in gold IMO.

http://www.mustangsplus.com/tech/speedshifter/