PDA

View Full Version : I can't thank my AI/CMC family enough

David Love AI27
03-16-2009, 01:06 AM
I'm still in shock :shock: ... shed a tear or two in bed Saturday night... spent the whole trip home trying to process the weekend and I'm still at a loss for words... there is a lot of crap going on in my life. most of which I have kept to myself and I have all of our events marked on my calander as reminder that soon I will be back in the company a loving group of friends...

Special thanks to JB and wife Bev for their hospitality, taking Jason and I into their home, driving us back and forth and filling our bellies...

I want you to know that I take the sponsership VERY seriously... My car is YOUR car and I will display the AI/CMC Texas.com logo with the utmost pride... Since I am replacing the hood on my car I plan to replicate the back of the AI/CMC series shirt on the hood with the addition of all the new drivers that were not included last year... ALL of the funds presented to me will be used to maintain and improve my car and to promote this series... Next to the birth of my children and the love of God and my family you all have touched my heart in a way that mear words will never adequately express...

THANK YOU, THANK YOU ALL!!!!

(so much for being at a loss for words)

mitchntx
03-16-2009, 10:12 AM
I'm still in shock :shock:

I'm still at a loss for words

I think you have summed up the very reason as to why there was such a huge out-pouring for you, David.

Every time you turn around, it's others you care for, and not necessarily yourself.

So, I am in shock ... at a loss for words ... for everything you do for me and I witness you do for others.

Thank YOU, brother.

David Love AI27
03-16-2009, 10:28 AM
I'm still in shock :shock:

I'm still at a loss for words

I think you have summed up the very reason as to why there was such a huge out-pouring for you, David.

Every time you turn around, it's others you care for, and not necessarily yourself.

So, I am in shock ... at a loss for words ... for everything you do for me and I witness you do for others.

Thank YOU, brother.

Sponsorship update...

1st purchase $0.69 on Kleenex... you think I'm kidding?!?!?

$1,499.31 to go...

In our house we live by the motto WWJD

On Track it stands for: What Would Jeff Do?
Off Track, well if you don't know ask me someday...

ANYWAY you guys go back to work or go find a job... I'm on my way to the sign shop for a quote on my new hood graphics... already have two remodeling projects lined up for the rest of the week...

Fbody383
03-16-2009, 10:33 AM
DL,

It's been great getting to know you, Jason and the rest of Love In It Racing; you guys are great.

I know you do what you do because it's all you know to do; and we all appreciate it.

Thank you.

Hood
03-16-2009, 12:01 PM
I personally don't know of anyone that would loan their car out for a weekend of thrashing, but this man did that for me... and didn't even know me! I'm indebted to you, David, for helping me kick off my racing efforts. I was able to get my provisional waiver started in 3 days thanks to you (now I just need to learn to see yellow damnit).

We appreciate what you do for this sport!

oz98cobra
03-16-2009, 01:01 PM
Congrats Dave and Jason!

Another example of just how much these guys put others before themselves - this year they are running in AI instead of AIX (where they could easily bag another championship) mainly to help keep the car count up which is only going to help other teams like ours make a few extra Toyo bucks!

Thanks guys!

Al Fernandez
03-16-2009, 02:34 PM
Dave and Mitch...you guys are both much more eloquent than I could be. Its no surprise GRM wants to do a story, this is what it all should be like.

Todd Covini
03-16-2009, 10:17 PM
Well deserved sponsorship, LiiR!!!
We saw more & more signs of your usual sportsmanship this weekend. Some of us do know of some of your struggles on the home front, and that is what puts the cherry on top of all that you do. Most of us would just as soon stay home when the goin' gets tough...but you manage to keep coming back and give 110%, while offering donuts to folks at the same time.

It was an honor for all of us to present that.
(Need to get the photo to Al or me soonest...who has the group photo?)

-=- T

David Love AI27
03-16-2009, 11:13 PM
Well deserved sponsorship, LiiR!!!
We saw more & more signs of your usual sportsmanship this weekend. Some of us do know of some of your struggles on the home front, and that is what puts the cherry on top of all that you do. Most of us would just as soon stay home when the goin' gets tough...but you manage to keep coming back and give 110%, while offering donuts to folks at the same time.

It was an honor for all of us to present that.
(Need to get the photo to Al or me soonest...who has the group photo?)

-=- T

you guys give me a reason to get up in the morning so in reality, way deep down, you give more to me than I could ever give back... a few years ago while seeking professional advice I was told to "change my playpen and my playmates" and boy did I strike gold...

Procter's mom has the photos and promised she would get them to him, I'll check with him after the dust settles and get an update...

michaelmosty
03-16-2009, 11:31 PM
David, I can't evan elaborate on how much you do for this group!! Some of my most fond memories of racing I have had at LeMons last year and this past weekend have ended with you handing me a Keystone Light in congratulations at the end of the weekend. This simple gesture is what makes you who you are, and I'll look forward to it for the rest of the year! :lol:
Thanks again to LiiR!!!

evarner
03-17-2009, 07:46 AM
Gratz David!!!!

You are my Hero!

ShadowBolt
03-17-2009, 09:02 AM
Gratz David!!!!

You are my Hero!

My hero also!

Right after the drivers meeting when we gave David the news I walked by the 70 car and it was covered with mud. David was being David and had a push broom and was dipping it in the water and was carefully washing the mud off Glen's car.

We are all better men for knowing you David. It's an honor to share the track and my race weekends with you.

JJ

GlennCMC70
03-17-2009, 10:03 AM
i saw that too.
why didnt a rookie get on that before David did?

thanks DL.

AllZWay
03-17-2009, 11:11 AM
[quote=Todd Covini]Procter's mom has the photos and promised she would get them to him, I'll check with him after the dust settles and get an update...

Yes.. She had them and I will get them on Wednesday.

David.. Well deserving and glad we all could do a little to help.

silversvo
03-17-2009, 12:46 PM
/quote]
We are all better men for knowing you David. It's an honor to share the track and my race weekends with you.

JJ[/quote]

I would definitely have to agree and no one could ask for a better friend...

David, if you ever need anything you know my number.

Troy

BryanL
03-17-2009, 10:01 PM
After DL got the sponsorship package we were all on grid and Varvini was whining and overheating. None other than Love was the one pushing the car out and running it down to the pits to try and help.
Then before R3 he made his way to every driver, even me way back at the back, to tell them to watch for debris flags as they didn't get the track all clean.
Thanks for being you.

Also, you said something about a new hood graphic? I would like to have the opportunity to have my new sponsor make up the decal-no charge. Just let me know if I can help out.

Bryan

Todd Covini
03-17-2009, 10:05 PM
Yup on the Varvini comment.
As I walked slowly in amazement, the #2 rolled off pissin' and moanin' with an overheated motor. David was the first person to wipe the windshield, pop the hood and ready to add water.

"Johnny on the Spot" vs. "Toddy on the Pot"

AllZWay
03-17-2009, 10:22 PM
http://www.jpmotorsports.biz/images/msrc2009/Group-Car%2027.JPG

http://www.jpmotorsports.biz/images/msrc2009/Car%2027(David,Jason%20Love).JPG

Todd Covini
03-17-2009, 10:39 PM
Liebbe must have been in the Port-a-Potty when the photo was taken.

Great pic! Pls send the highest res to Al...

Adam Ginsberg
03-17-2009, 11:21 PM
Varner looks old. Burch needs to learn how to smile.

Who the hell is everyone else? ;)

Great pic - well deserved, David.

evarner
03-18-2009, 07:21 AM
It was my B-day and I'm allowed to be "old". :lol:

Yes, big word of thanks to David!! With the #2 car outputting more steam than a locomotive, he was there to wipe it away so I could see well enough not to hit anything in the paddock.

I still owe ya a jug of water!

I know he has a blue/red/yellow logo on the front of his t-shirt with "DL" on it. nuf'said. :D

Al Fernandez
03-18-2009, 10:04 AM
Jason is the one that needs to learn to smile! :lol:

stevecmc8
03-18-2009, 08:53 PM
Congratulations, David! I'm proud to be part of an organization that takes care of their own. You deserve everything you got and then some......

Steve

BlueFirePony
03-18-2009, 09:10 PM
David kept me from doing an *Al* during R1...as I was driving through the "lake" toward grid, he jumped into the water to latch my hood pins!
Luv ya man!

JasonLiiR
03-20-2009, 08:49 PM
I just wanna say thank you to everyone for what you all have done, I don't really know what else to say about it. I was much more excited about this seaon then I have been about seasons past and even though this was a rough weekend for me on the track (never driven cresson let alone in the wet) the off track stuff made it all worth while and got me that much more excited. All of you guys are the main reason I love going to the track so much and driving of course, people just dont understand when I try to explain it to them but thank you all again for everything you have done for LiiR, my dad, and ecspecially me with all the pointers and encouragement that have been given. Also, a huge thanks to my dad for letting me thrash his car even though sometimes I bail on him and make him do all the work, introducing me to this amazing sport and group of guys. thank you all again and I'm honored to be about of the AI/CMC Brotherhood.