PDA

View Full Version : EV in GRM

jeffburch
04-09-2009, 07:45 AM
Congrats to Eric Varner and Todd Covini of Team Varvini for making the magazine.
NASA News mentions and welcomes EV back to Texas racing.

jb

Todd Covini
04-09-2009, 09:18 AM
WooHoo! Eric's the man and by the end of the season we'll have that Varvini car sorted out and he'll be a force to be reckoned with.

Also of note in GRM is Jay Carley's Allison Legacy pic...good press for NASA TX as well as the complimentary Grand Am poster & schedule..

Good Stuff!

michaelmosty
04-09-2009, 09:37 AM
Why do other regions always seem to be mentioned in GRM and TX doesn't get much?
I remember last year there were times I read about the heated CMC battle in the SE region with something like 3 cars participating. :?

BTW, Congrats to Varner and team Varvini!! :D

mitchntx
04-09-2009, 09:43 AM
Congrats Eric.

Why do other regions always seem to be mentioned in GRM and TX doesn't get much?

You really need that question answered? :?

jeffburch
04-09-2009, 10:24 AM
Weren't all the '08 Champs mentioned recently?

jb

Waco Racer
04-09-2009, 11:49 AM

Did all of you submit something to Adrian after Cresson?

evarner
04-09-2009, 12:44 PM
Thanks all! Totally unexpected and was wondering why I received 3 GRM's this month. :D

Todd,

http://bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0187/6332/h_c_feature.jpg

8) :shock:

David Love AI27
04-09-2009, 12:47 PM

Frankly, GRM will only print one or two paragraphs from each region... no need for Adrian to have 25+ individual writeups... any thought given to having a rep form each series do a small recap, not directors cuz they have enough to do... the writeup rep could send a blurb to the series director for approval and could then be forwarded to Adrian or GRM... just an idea...

David Love AI27
04-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Thanks all! Totally unexpected and was wondering why I received 3 GRM's this month. :D

Todd,

http://bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0187/6332/h_c_feature.jpg

8) :shock:

Misti got 3 also... hope that helps deflat your head a little... LOL... jk

Waco Racer
04-09-2009, 02:41 PM

Frankly, GRM will only print one or two paragraphs from each region... no need for Adrian to have 25+ individual writeups... any thought given to having a rep form each series do a small recap, not directors cuz they have enough to do... the writeup rep could send a blurb to the series director for approval and could then be forwarded to Adrian or GRM... just an idea...

She isn't going to submit everything that comes to her. The plan is for her to sort through and submit the best stories. If she gets 25 then great, but, that day hasn't come yet.

jeffburch
04-09-2009, 03:00 PM
Hmm, interesting.
I was just wondering why we never see Tx events in the regional GRM schedules.
No sprints, no enduros.
Or did I miss them somehow?

jb

David Love AI27
04-09-2009, 03:06 PM
Hmm, interesting.
No sprints, no enduros.

jb

DUDE... I've been sitting on my hands...

thanks for the "edit" button

Waco Racer
04-09-2009, 08:52 PM
Hmm, interesting.
No sprints, no enduros.

jb

Something else that is going to change.

AI#97
04-10-2009, 12:05 AM
Hmm, interesting.
No sprints, no enduros.

jb

Something else that is going to change.

TEASE!!!!!

donovan
04-10-2009, 09:18 AM

I must have missed that memo...

mitchntx
04-10-2009, 09:25 AM

I must have missed that memo...

And the driver's meeting ...

Todd Covini
04-10-2009, 09:30 AM
What we'd like to see is that folks submit stories/tidbits/highlights to their Series Directors...who'll in turn submit something to Adrian or I and on up to GRM.

In the past, series directors have submitted things as they had them. We've always tried to submit a little something and occasionally they print it.

Another thing to remember is that there's a pretty big lag time from submittal to publish date. The EV highlight was submitted as part of that Team Announcement/ Press Release which I sent out to various folks prior to the season start. The highlights/race recap stuff that we submitted from R1 & R2 is yet to be seen in future issues (if they print it).

PS- High Res photos always help too!