PDA

View Full Version : Adam - I'm coming after you

BryanL
04-11-2009, 10:19 PM
I brought in my secret weapon this weekend, my old man and his trusty buffer to get the car looking better. Only focusing on the doors back. Have a new hood to go on after this event and hope to have fenders and bumper, too.
Do I need the emergency decals in DE?

BryanL
04-11-2009, 10:20 PM
Good job Fatboy!

Todd Covini
04-12-2009, 11:42 AM
Don't forget to Armor All the tires! :wink:

BryanL
04-12-2009, 12:31 PM
They will be done when loading the car so they still have the wet look. I also have lots of blue tape ready to put on to protect against rock chips.
Can't wait to show you my "NOS" floormats!!!

Wirtz
04-12-2009, 01:04 PM
Very nice.

I have been flossing my cross lace rims all day....

michaelmosty
04-12-2009, 05:31 PM
Bryan, you not racing? What gives?

Adam Ginsberg
04-13-2009, 05:44 PM
Someone be sure to give him a nice door donut, straight away...

GlennCMC70
04-13-2009, 07:59 PM

we once counted on you for that........... :P

BryanL
04-13-2009, 08:44 PM
Suburban is in the shop-something about a transfer case needing more than 2 tablespoons of fluid??? Working on borrowing my dad's truck though.

And Spinny-I guess I'm lucky to not be around you on the first lap anymore.

mitchntx
04-13-2009, 08:45 PM
It is what it is ...

AI#97
04-13-2009, 09:44 PM

we once counted on you for that........... :P

Are you carrying that torch now?! :lol:

GlennCMC70
04-13-2009, 10:13 PM
as odd as it seems, i get hit more often than i hit.

Jeremy Gunter
04-13-2009, 10:50 PM
Funny, I thought you said you had pile of jacked up hoods...

GlennCMC70
04-13-2009, 11:02 PM
you under estimate how many times i've been hit.

mitchntx
04-14-2009, 06:48 AM

"Really officer, I was just standin' here mindin' my own business when ..."

:roll:

Adam Ginsberg
04-14-2009, 10:22 AM

There's a 944Spec car that would disagree with that statement.....

Bryan - when you actually race more than you bitch online, then you can take a swing. :)

BryanL
04-14-2009, 10:36 AM
Spinny-Stand up as I normally don't swing low at little kids. Just because I haven't hit anyone doesn't mean I'm not racing. Luckily I wasn't around you long enough to learn that its acceptable.

Rob Liebbe
04-14-2009, 11:39 AM
Car contact is not acceptable, making light of it is not a good thing. Car contact can lead to bad things on and off the track.

:roll:

evarner
04-14-2009, 12:00 PM
It is often said the true measure of a man is how he conducts himself when he is angry.
It is easy for a man to conduct himself in a noble manner when all is going well.
It is also very easy for a man to fly off the handle and lose his composure, his cool, his religion, when things are not going his way.
May I submit to you the true measure of a man is watching him conduct himself with character and nobility when all is amiss.
In this hour is when the true measure of that man is revealed.

Adam Ginsberg
04-14-2009, 12:01 PM
How does this go from friendly banter, to you saying I believe bumping/banging/hitting is acceptable in our level of racing?

As usual, shit goes all off kilter because someone can't take a friendly, no-sinister-meaning-behind-it poke.

Here - let me spell it all out for you, Bryan. You polished your race car. In the past when we see people do that, we've made some funny comments similar to the one I made of putting a donut on your door.

It's called a joke. Glenn got it, and joked back. Matt got it too, and made a funny joke back at Glenn, likely due to his bumps @ the Nats last year. See how that works?

Putting a tire donut on your door was a joke. Commenting about your online whining was a joke.....admittedly with some truth behind it, but a mild joke nonetheless. We poke fun at Mitch, MFW, Glenn and a host of others for comments they make online, too.

Based on your reply, you didn't see it as a joke, but inferred that I believe it's ok to hit/bump/crash into people at our level of racing. Frankly, I don't see how the hell you inferred that, but you did. Given how we raced together at maybe 2 events last year, and have had minimal interaction, you clearly don't know anything about me, or how I race.

Did you know that in 2005 when contact was getting way too common place, we came down on EVERY driver that had contact? Do you know anything about the rather contentious driver's meetings, people getting in my face, about driver's getting black flagged for contact?? Are you aware of the driver meetings we had at the Nat's about contact?? Are you aware of the penalties I assessed as Racing Director in CA over contact?

Based on my observations, you spend plenty of time online, griping about anything and everything. As I haven't raced in TX since early 2008, I have no idea what you've helped with in CMC. I took an educated guess that you haven't actually helped much, primarily bitched. I take a dim view of folks that bitch, whine, and complain, yet don't help out the series. Just coming to the track and racing, IMO, isn't the only way to help out the series and the people you race with.

As much as Glenn can irritate the shit out of me, I give him a great deal credit for stepping into the Series Director role after all the grief he caused early on (dammit....it kills me to give him credit....shit...;)). Maybe I'm wrong in looking at things that way, but I don't think I am.

As for my on-track incidents, in the 6 years/15 race tracks I've raced, yes, I've had incidents. Todd and I bumped back in 2004 @ TWS (IMO, it was a shared responsibility). I hit the rear bumper of Trevor twice back in 2004 @ MSR-C. I bump Marshall @ TWS in either '04 or '05. Jerry and I bumped lightly side to side at the beginning of 2008 @ MSR-H. There's probably a few more that I don't recall. All minor, all without malice, all were discussed with the driver(s) and race control with no penalties assessed.

Neil B punted me @ MSR-C while I was in the lead. A Caterham clipped the front of my car @ MSR-C back in 2005, causing him to lose his fender. Matt King hit me in the rear bumper so many times @ Iowa, I lost count. Steve Poe hit me in the passenger rear quarter @ Mid-O on the start, then proceeded to continue to "bump draft" me all through T1 (about 3 times), nearly causing a nasty wreck. Gerry hit me in the passenger door @ Road Atlanta. Derek Tisinger hit the passenger rear @ WSIR last year.

I don't condone ANY contact during a race, especially doing it on purpose. Understanding that while we do our best to avoid incidents, it can, and will happen, and is part of learning about racing. There's been countless times I've gone off track to avoid bumping and/or hitting someone, tossing my race in the trash. Others have done the same.

You need to grow a thicker skin and lighten up.

mitchntx
04-14-2009, 12:40 PM
Feels like home. I didn't see an "It is what it is ...", though.

Adam Ginsberg
04-14-2009, 12:41 PM
You're right - It is what it is.

mitchntx
04-14-2009, 12:42 PM
8)

Todd Covini
04-14-2009, 12:47 PM
Sheesh....you guys are brutal...I'm stayin' outta this one before Mitch (or Adam) sucker punches me. :lol:

BryanL
04-14-2009, 01:08 PM
Sheesh-did I strike a nerve or something? I guess you didn't get the short jokes? I understood your joke and responded in kind. I don't even want to take the time to read your long winded reply-maybe later.

EV-love your reply. Maybe you should open the AICMC meeting with a little "Thought for the Day".

ShadowBolt
04-14-2009, 01:16 PM
BL,
Just bring that polished turd to TWS and watch the stroker Mustang run and hide from you. Forget about all this drama and get to the track where we all love each other.

JJ

michaelmosty
04-14-2009, 02:37 PM
I just crack up when I look at Eric's avitar of the cat going on a killing spree after he set his old Toyo's on fire out of frustration! :lol:

Todd Covini
04-14-2009, 03:16 PM
I just crack up when I look at Eric's avitar of the cat going on a killing spree after he set his old Toyo's on fire out of frustration! :lol:

What are you talkin' about?
That's Adam. :lol:

GlennCMC70
04-14-2009, 04:10 PM
what 944? i didnt see no 944? :shock:

BryanL
04-14-2009, 07:28 PM
Sooo, I had to read Adams's novel defending himself and calling me a good for nothing whiny bitch. I am pleasantly amused and would like to thank Adam for the entertainment he has provided. This will be a funny topic at TWS. And to think, we traded him for Mike Patterson-thats the deal of the century.
Really every paragraph that was written just begs for a whitty response. Especially your observations and educated guess about me. But as someone once said "there is no sense in arguing with an idiot as they will only drag you down to their level (no pun intended). Its clear you know nothing about me.
Since you brought MFW into this, one should look at the first line in his signature "his legend preceeds him". That is definitely the case here.

BryanL
04-14-2009, 07:31 PM
BL,
Just bring that polished turd to TWS and watch the stroker Mustang run and hide from you. Forget about all this drama and get to the track where we all love each other.

JJ

JJ-just make room for me when I'm passing you in the grass on the first turn of the invert on Sunday :lol: I'll only give you a "light" bump.

ShadowBolt
04-14-2009, 08:23 PM
BL,

JJ

JJ-just make room for me when I'm passing you in the grass on the first turn of the invert on Sunday :lol: I'll only give you a "light" bump.

That's okay unless they tell us to take it easy until we clear the first turn.

JJ

Todd Covini
04-14-2009, 09:07 PM
I took the liberty of changing the title of this thread.
Jus' seemed more fitting the way it has evolved. :lol: :lol: :lol:

BryanL
04-14-2009, 09:14 PM
Taco-shouldn't it be "Adam fly's off the handle for no reason"?

Also-are you going to show me the CCW line on Friday? I haven't been in a convertible since our flight.

Todd Covini
04-14-2009, 09:27 PM
Taco-shouldn't it be "Adam fly's off the handle for no reason"?

Also-are you going to show me the CCW line on Friday? I haven't been in a convertible since our flight.

Why you no-good, bow-tie wearing son of a B. Who are you to correct my corrections. If you think for one second....... :lol:

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/saturday-night-live-saturday-night-live-point-counterpoint-lee-marvin-and-michelle-triola/4120730573

AI#97
04-14-2009, 10:03 PM
don't friggin' bring me into this shit!!!! :lol:

Al Fernandez
04-15-2009, 08:46 AM
You want Todd to show you his Concealed Carry Weapon? :shock: