PDA

View Full Version : FS: #67 1989 AI Mustang

marshall_mosty
04-20-2009, 10:44 PM
For Sale
1989 AI Mustang

I’m selling my AI car. Need to reset some priorities around the house...

Car weight is 2780 without driver and is currently carrying the AI maximum 150lbs ballast.

Last dyno sheet was in January 2009 (312HP/314TQ). Originally tech inspected in 2004. Car has 12 total race weekends on it.

Chassis:
1989 Mustang Hatchback
Six point 1 ¾” .120 wall NASA approved cage.
Wolfe Racing “thru the floor” subframe connectors

Front Suspension:
Maximum Motorsports K-member with engine 1” setback
MM 2-point K-member brace
Maximum Motorsports Tubular Front Control Arms with Steeda X2 balljoints
Koni DA’s with 450lb coilovers (8” free length).
96+ spindles
Bump steer kit
Offset Rack Bushings
99+ V6 front swaybar

Rear Suspension:
Custom “Road Race” Lower control arms (stock length)
Griggs “Heavy Duty” Torque Arm
Griggs Panhard Bar (non-adjustable)
Bilstein “Race Valve 2” shocks with 350lb coilovers
Rear Diff Housing Modified to remove upper “ears” and quad shock mounts as weight savings

Driveline:
Stock 5.0 bottom end w/ARP hardware (honed Winter 2007).
GT-40X Aluminum Heads
1.6 FRPP Roller Rockers
TrickFlow “Track Heat” Intake
65MM “Cobra” T-Body
75MM Pro-M Mass Air
24 Lb injectors
MSD Distributor
3.5” Race crank Pully
3G Alternator conversion
BBK 1 5/8” Long Tube Headers
Flowmaster 1 chambers
Canton 7qt Road Race Oil Pan
3qt Accusump
Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel (50oz imbalance)
T-5 (Z Spec) Transmission with only 3 events
Aluminum Flywheel
MGW Shifter
Adjustable clutch cable with UPR quadrant
3.55:1 rear gears
Superior 28 spline rear axles w/ARP studs

Brakes:
Stock SN95 ABS relocated to passenger floorboard
Proportioning valve next to driver’s seat
Front
StopTech “Big Brake” 4-piston front brakes (13” diameter)
PFC01 Front Pads (75% Life left)
DownUnder Motorsports Front Brake Ducts (3” ducts)
Rear
Stock Cobras with Slotted Rotors
Carbotech XP8 pads

Cooling:
Fulcrum Motorsport Custom Air Duct from front bumper cover to Radiator.

Steering:
Coleman Lightweight Steering support
14” Steering Wheel with quick release hub
Maximum Motorsports steering shaft

Aerodynamic Upgrades:
Fulcrum Motorsports Rear Wing (14” Chord)
Fulcrum Motorsports Front Splitter

Safety:
AES 5.0L Fire Supression System
Ultrashield “Pro Road Race w/Halo” Racing Seat
Autopower seatback brace
Simpson right side net (included but not installed)

Weight Savings
Steeda Fiberglass Hood
Fiberglass Hatch
Lexan ¼ windows
Lexan rear window
Panel dash with tach, oil temp, oil pressure, water temp, starter button, cutoff, and ignition toggle

Wheels & Tires:
4 Enki RPF1 (17x9.5) with ½” spacers and custom centering rings.
1 set of genuine Cobra R’s
Set of R888’s with 5 ½ enduro on them. One is corded, but the other three are okay at 4/32 (approx)

Spares:
1 extra set of PFC01 front pads (50% pad left)
2 set 400lb front springs (10” free length)
1 set 425lb front springs (10” free length)
1 set of 96+ spindles drilled for bump steer kit
Several miscellaneous ABS sensors
1 T-5 transmission (needs cluster gear and 3rd gear replaced)
1 Misc T-5 rebuild parts
1 Set 3.08 Ring & Pinion
1 fuel pump and strainer
1 TPS sensor

Trailer:
16” open trailer with tire rack
Can probably use a set of tires for the trailer

Everything included, $18K firm
(940) 736-9043
marshall dot mosty at hotmail dot com

Additional pictures upon request.
Located in the greater Dallas, TX area. Will deliver free up to 300 miles.

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/1280/12448/282688.jpg
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/1280/12448/282689.jpg
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/1280/12448/282690.jpg

Jeremy Gunter
04-20-2009, 11:25 PM
WTF!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

michaelmosty
04-20-2009, 11:32 PM
No kidding, WTF!!! :shock:

Rob Liebbe
04-21-2009, 07:26 AM
I bet he got the same speech I got when I got home Sunday night. Sux!

cobra132
04-21-2009, 08:10 AM
Don't do it man, you will regreat it and we need you. What can we do?????? FMR

Rob Liebbe
04-21-2009, 08:32 AM
Yeah, think of it this way. It doesn't cost much to just let the vehicle sit in storage. It will cost a lot in money and time to recreate it or build another car. That's a hard hurdle to get back over. Put it in mothballs and mull it over for a while if at all possible.

donovan
04-21-2009, 08:32 AM
Just park it if you need too, don't sell it...!!!

DD

Todd Covini
04-21-2009, 08:58 AM
I bet he got the same speech I got when I got home Sunday night. Sux!

Yup...I get that speech pretty regularly lately.

Listen to the guys. Mothball it...rent it...whatever, but don't sell it. You'll regret it 3-4 years later when your situation changes and you won't be able to get back in.

Send it offsite and all the stuff associated with it so that there are no signs of "the racecar" around the house and all will get better. Sell off all your spares and anything not bolted to the car for extra cash, those things can be re-collected...but the car can't.

With turn-key cars going for a song these days, the false impression is that "I can always get one later", however after the economy picks up again...those cheap turnkey cars will be gone....and so will your car.

Make it a last resort....

marshall_mosty
04-21-2009, 09:12 AM
Thanks for the words of support guys. I expected to receive the "WTF" responses this morning and was on the phone with Michael at 7:30... and he normally doesn't even wake up that early.

I'm going to see what happens. My "firm" statement is just that and I'm not expecting for it to sell. This was my own decision (Trina doesn't even know it's for sale at this point).

I may just take a few years off and wait for the boys to be old enough to come to the track with me so I'm not dumping them on my wife for the entire weekend.

Time will tell... but thanks to everyone for the support.

AllZWay
04-21-2009, 09:33 AM
I agree with everyone.. just park it. It is cheaper to do that than to try to get back in a few years when you are really having that itch again.

Al Fernandez
04-21-2009, 09:41 AM
They're old enough to come to the track already!! :wink: Dont want to lose you Marshall, and I know you dont want to miss the abuse you get when you hang out with us.

AI#97
04-21-2009, 10:03 AM
Oh no you aren't! Marshall, I would love to sell mine too and have been on this fence for a long time. I went through hell the last 2 years with my divorce and waffling back and forth about finances, personal life, wife/no wife....and RACING. I left behind a small fortune with savings, time, retirement, a marriage and 8 years of my life and the only thing that has remained strong, fun and supportive is my racing. Call it an addiction, a life style or a family, but it has been there and NEVER fails to bring a smile to my face and this last weekend proved once again it would be the biggest mistake in my life to walk away from it. It is what I am...it is what all of us have found on our path of life. It's in our blood and will never go away.

Mothball it, restructure the rest of your life and find a way. Don't do something you will regret.

mitchntx
04-21-2009, 10:33 AM
Here is my secret for marital bliss while neck deep in the racing addiction ...

http://www.tarleton.edu/scripts/calendar/details.asp?E=4956&D=29064

You have to give a little to get a little ...

I sense a lot of guilt in your last post. Guilt about being gone and away from your family. Don't feel guilty about decompressing once in a while. Trina will support a once a year enduro effort.

You want me to call her and discuss it?

jeffburch
04-21-2009, 10:38 AM
"Big Daddy & the Butter Biscuits"

What is that? A play?

jb

MikeP99Z
04-21-2009, 10:41 AM
Park it, don't sell it.

I've been in the same situation multiple times and have "mothballed" my car 3 times in the past 10 years. It was for sale at least twice (granted for a price I knew it wouldn't sell for).

If someone comes along with a pile of cash, any car is for sale. But the rebuilding, redevelopment, etc. would take way to long to get things back to where they are today.

It doesn't cost anything to have it sit there.

jeremiahkellam
04-21-2009, 11:08 AM
My wifes birthday is the same weekend as Hallett, so....

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=868722E8-E7D1-EA27-A04B0A1B036806CD

AllZWay
04-21-2009, 11:11 AM

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=868722E8-E7D1-EA27-A04B0A1B036806CD

Yep... I have to go to crap like ice skating with Kendra and I have to go on some vacation this summer WITHOUT ANY COMPLAINING. That alone is pretty tough.

BTW... Marshall should get a jail free card for a year at a time for one Celine Dion concert. :lol:

ShadowBolt
04-21-2009, 11:13 AM
You boyzzz......... My wife's B-day is 8-1. We had a race on that weekend last year and yes again this year. Play the cards right and it sails right through. I only do the six races we have a year. I don't do any track days or practice. Anyone can let you go for six weekends a year.

JJ

rpoz27
04-21-2009, 01:15 PM
You boyzzz......... My wife's B-day is 8-1. We had a race on that weekend last year and yes again this year. Play the cards right and it sails right through. I only do the six races we have a year. I don't do any track days or practice. Anyone can let you go for six weekends a year.

JJ

Me and Martin's anniversary is 8-1. Guess where we go every year :)

Fbody383
04-21-2009, 01:50 PM

I'll drive it for you... 8)

mitchntx
04-21-2009, 03:15 PM
"Big Daddy & the Butter Biscuits"

What is that? A play?

jb

Blues band.

8)

jeffburch
04-21-2009, 03:57 PM
I dig blues.
That ain't so bad.
Beats soccer or CD concert fer sure (or the wifes church play).

jb

AI#97
04-21-2009, 04:29 PM

Jeremy was hoping to whip your butt up at hallett! :wink:

mitchntx
04-21-2009, 05:22 PM
I dig blues.
That ain't so bad.

jb

Royce Cooper is some guy she has met at one of her many Zen classes she goes to. She thought it would be fun to go watch someone she knows play music.

We'll see.

After paying $5 to see ZZ Top in the Jacksonville National Guard Armory in '74, everything has been kind of ... <yawn>

ShadowBolt
04-21-2009, 06:39 PM
I dig blues.
That ain't so bad.

jb

Royce Cooper is some guy she has met at one of her many Zen classes she goes to. She thought it would be fun to go watch someone she knows play music.

We'll see.

After paying $5 to see ZZ Top in the Jacksonville National Guard Armory in '74, everything has been kind of ... <yawn>

I saw Rush and Ted Nugent at Armadillo World Headquarters in 1974 for $5.00.

JJ

David Love AI27
04-21-2009, 09:04 PM
I dig blues.
That ain't so bad.

jb

We'll see.

I saw Rush and Ted Nugent at Armadillo World Headquarters in 1974 for $5.00.

JJ

was that the tour where Ted used his compound bow and shot a hanging dummy of the Ayatollah Khomeini...

nevermind... found the ticket stub... it was in '79

jeremiahkellam
04-21-2009, 09:15 PM

I'll drive it for you... 8)

Oh, I'll be at Hallett!!

I'm taking her to the concert the weekend before.

silversvo
04-21-2009, 11:08 PM
Marshall,

I went(going) through the same issues about the family, the economy and so on. I decided to sell all my spare parts like Covini said and just hold onto the race car. I actually sold the my street car stuff and everything else that was not bolted to the car. I had my car for sale a while back and had a few people interested in it, but I am happy it didnt sell because it would cost more to build another back up. I have my car sitting in storage right now and ready to go out when everything gets better..
Just write down the cost of everything you have invested in that car and thnk abot how long and hard it will be to get a car built back up to the same specs as yours...

cobra132
04-22-2009, 12:15 AM
I have not missed a rush tour since 1974. The only difference is now I pay a lot of $ for the good seats. FMR ( I have been thrown out of a rush concert )

ShadowBolt
04-22-2009, 07:23 AM
I have not missed a rush tour since 1974. The only difference is now I pay a lot of $ for the good seats. FMR ( I have been thrown out of a rush concert )

Frank, we have to talk. No one is a bigger Rush fan than I.

Damn, did we screw up Marshall's thread?

JJ

mitchntx
04-22-2009, 07:36 AM
76 or 77 (it's kind of a blur) saw The Nuge, Heart, Montrose (with a very young Sammy Hagar) and Robin Trower.

Damn, fellas. This recessitates long since dead brain cells ...

jeffburch
04-22-2009, 07:59 AM
<Waving arms above head and shouting>

NO NO NO GO BACK! THIS OLD WING IS SHUT DOWN!
YOU BURNED THROUGH HERE AT A CONCERT IN 1977!

jb

Todd Covini
04-22-2009, 08:37 AM

JJ

:lol: We are the priests...of the temple...of Syrinx. :lol:

ShadowBolt
04-22-2009, 08:41 AM
I went to the ZZ Top Barbeque and Barndance at University of Texas stadium in Austin, back in 1974. It was Bad Company, Joe Cocker, Santana, then ZZ Top. Sept. 1,1974. I was the first one to hit the floor in front of the stage and set up our area. In half an hour we were covered up with 80,000 of our closest friends.

JJ

ShadowBolt
04-22-2009, 08:42 AM

JJ

:lol: We are the priests...of the temple...of Syrinx. :lol:

2112 greatest rock song of all time!!!!

JJ

David Love AI27
04-22-2009, 08:45 AM
76 or 77 (it's kind of a blur) saw The Nuge, Heart, Montrose (with a very young Sammy Hagar) and Robin Trower.

Was that the Texas Jam held in the stadium at the place.....???

and did you give me a ride back to Houston????

I have always wanted to thank the person(s) who delivered me back home....

ShadowBolt
04-22-2009, 08:52 AM
Not many of the great bands played Austin back in the day. I wanted to see Led Zepplin and Grand Funk but they never came closer than San Antonio or Dallas or Houston. I finally got to see Grand Funk a few years ago when Mark Farner joined them for a tour. They rocked the house and were tight as hell. The place was full of lets say the "Austin flavor". The wife was not happy about all the smoke in the place.

JJ

David Love AI27
04-22-2009, 08:53 AM
.... oh, and by the way Marshall, if the wife askes how the car sale is going just tell her we mucked up your post... and if you repost it is gonna happen again... I suggest next time we get off of "Concerts in the 70s" and do a "Ever been to Hippy Hollow and what was your best memory" (or mammary)....

David Love AI27
04-22-2009, 08:56 AM
Not many of the great bands played Austin back in the day. I wanted to see Led Zepplin and Grand Funk but they never came closer than San Antonio or Dallas or Houston. I finally got to see Grand Funk a few years ago when Mark Farner joined them for a tour. They rocked the house and were tight as hell. The place was full of lets say the "Austin flavor". The wife was not happy about all the smoke in the place.

JJ

1st concert was Grand Funk in '74.... I was 13...

mitchntx
04-22-2009, 09:09 AM

Was that the Texas Jam held in the stadium at the place.....???

and did you give me a ride back to Houston????

I have always wanted to thank the person(s) who delivered me back home....

The first Texxas Jam (not a typo BTW) was in 79, I think. I was head over heals in love with my first wife then AND DIDN'T GO! :x

Had Ted Nugent, Heart, Van Halen, Black Sabbath and others I can't recall.

I wonder if the Wikipedia has that info? ...

Edit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texxas_Jam

1978 (July 1): Texxas Music Festival, Cotton Bowl, Dallas, Texas (General Admission - $13.00)

Local battle of the bands winner Blackstone
Walter Egan
Van Halen
Eddie Money
Atlanta Rhythm Section
Head East
Journey
Heart
Ted Nugent
Aerosmith
Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush

Aerosmith was in 78. Black Sabbath was in 1979 ...

Todd Covini
04-22-2009, 09:18 AM
So, you see Marshall!?!?

Don't RUSH out and sell your racecar.
You'll be VAN HALEN if you do.
Don't try to be IRON MAN on the BLACK SABBATH and sell the thing for your IRON MAIDEN.
Pick up your STYX and KISS your family more often...all will be good.

-=- T

donovan
04-22-2009, 09:42 AM
Wow!

marshall_mosty
04-22-2009, 10:51 AM
That's it... the car isn't for sale anymore... Anyone have any good concert tickets???

8)

michaelmosty
04-22-2009, 10:54 AM
I hear Celine Dion puts on a good show. :P

AllZWay
04-22-2009, 11:12 AM
I went to a couple of Texas Jams in the mid 80's...I roughly remember one of them. :shock:

Saw Boston, Aerosmith, Tesla, and a couple others that I don't remember.

BTW...there is no one that can muck up a thread like us. :lol:

AI#97
04-22-2009, 01:01 PM
I went to the ZZ Top Barbeque and Barndance at University of Texas stadium in Austin, back in 1974. It was Bad Company, Joe Cocker, Santana, then ZZ Top. Sept. 1,1974. I was the first one to hit the floor in front of the stage and set up our area. In half an hour we were covered up with 80,000 of our closest friends.

JJ

Nearly 3 months before MFW was even BORN!!! Dude! Your old!!! :lol:

ShadowBolt
04-22-2009, 01:08 PM

JJ

Nearly 3 months before MFW was even BORN!!! Dude! Your old!!! :lol:

I was 16. Old is just a state of mind.

JJ

MikeP99Z
04-22-2009, 01:22 PM
My first concert was Rush - Signals Tour - April 1, 1983 at Hartford Civic Center.

Al Fernandez
04-22-2009, 01:58 PM
Hartford as in Connecticut? Small world...one of my first concerts was the same...only about five years later! :lol:

MikeP99Z
04-22-2009, 02:03 PM
Yep, Connecticut. I transplanted to Texas in 1990.

Todd Covini
04-22-2009, 02:21 PM
I was born in Bristol, Connecticut....home of ESPN.

BORN IN THE USA!

See Marshall...you can't sell that American Musclecar.

mitchntx
04-22-2009, 02:30 PM
I was born in Bristol, Connecticut....home of ESPN.

BORN IN THE USA!

See Marshall...you can't sell that American Musclecar.

How is it that Mike was able to transform into a nice, personable, productive person after transplanting and you ...

Fbody383
04-22-2009, 02:38 PM
Rush Rocks!

Who's bringing the compilation for the safety... I mean pit broadcast?

Al Fernandez
04-22-2009, 03:18 PM
Well, Mike didn't come to Tx via Ca

Rob Liebbe
04-22-2009, 03:35 PM

Yeah, California can really screw you up.

Todd Covini
04-22-2009, 07:21 PM

...or give you the right vintage. See Al and I did it right. Get into CA, get out and head to TX. Mike did this whole "I'm a Texan...now I'm a Californian...no, no...I'm a Texan".

Can't waffle. That's the diff. 8)

Rob Liebbe
04-22-2009, 08:06 PM

...or give you the right vintage. See Al and I did it right. Get into CA, get out and head to TX. Mike did this whole "I'm a Texan...now I'm a Californian...no, no...I'm a Texan".

Unless Exxon sends you back - then you waffle?

mitchntx
04-22-2009, 08:10 PM
Mike did this whole "I'm a Texan...now I'm a Californian...no, no...I'm a Texan".

I'd be carefull, Todd.

Mike made Bryan cry Sunday afternoon over Bryan scuffing his new Michelen tires. :shock:

Todd Covini
04-22-2009, 08:15 PM
I don't know...Tam made Mike cry Friday nite over scuffed SUV hoods.

(you might know about as much about my post as I do about yours.)

michaelmosty
04-22-2009, 09:13 PM
I love it!
4 pages of crap unrelated to a car being sold, keep it up!!! :)

mitchntx
04-22-2009, 09:30 PM
Can you post links to other places where he has posted the car for sale?

We can go much those up as well. Hell, he'll NEVER be able to sell the car.

8)

michaelmosty
04-22-2009, 09:36 PM
Hopefully the other areas will just get pushed down the list w/ no comments posted.
Nothing to see here, move on. :wink:

MikeP99Z
04-22-2009, 09:57 PM
Tam's body shop made Mike cry Monday afternoon...

Todd Covini
04-22-2009, 10:07 PM
Tam's body shop made Mike cry Monday afternoon...

Oh that sucks. Hopefully that's what insurance is for.

Todd Covini
04-22-2009, 10:07 PM
Can you post links to other places where he has posted the car for sale?

We can go much those up as well. Hell, he'll NEVER be able to sell the car.

8)

Go muck up his thread on the AI forum @ nasaforums.com. :twisted:

Al Fernandez
04-23-2009, 06:42 AM
Mike, maybe you can find a replacement hood that already the correct color. That's worked for me twice so far. :lol:

mitchntx
04-23-2009, 07:06 AM
Mike, maybe you can find a replacement hood that already the correct color. That's worked for me twice so far. :lol:

Ah, so you have a long history of running into people.

David Love AI27
04-23-2009, 07:13 AM

Ah, so you have a long history of running into people.

when someone writes "so far" that implies it is gonna happen again :shock: :shock: