PDA

View Full Version : Magazine Exchange

Todd Covini
04-29-2009, 08:32 PM
In these tough economic times, we need to bond together to "make due".
Personally, I'm a magazine junkie. In addition to the numerous subscriptions I have, anytime I'm sent to the grocery store it means at least 10 minutes by the magazine stand to see what's the latest.

So...as I try to further simplify life and stare at a stack of "used but good" magazines ready for the trash, I suggest that we have a "magazine exchange" at our AI/CMC track events.

Rather than toss my old magazines, I'll bring the bundle to the track and leave them in a designated spot...Glenn's trailer...driver meeting central...where-ever. If everyone does the same, we'll all be able to pick thru the magazines we haven't read. It's recycling! Part of the green-movement! Make Obama happy! :lol:

Subscriptions I have are:
Autoweek
Car & Driver
Road & Track
Hot Rod
5.0 & Super Ford
Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords
Racer
Grassroots Motorsports

...and I'll pick up the occasional Sport Truck, Sport Compact, Car Craft, GM Performance, etc, etc.

Let me know if others are interested in this exchange and I'll save my stack of mags from hitting the Sunday nite trash and bring them to the track. Perhaps we could fabricate a central repository to collect them in.

-=- Todd

jeffburch
04-29-2009, 08:35 PM
GRM I rec'd today gave ink to Al,JP,JW,RL and jb.
Congrats all.

jb

Wirtz
04-29-2009, 08:37 PM
Hehe... I'm waiting for Mr Love to chime in on this thread....

;)

Todd Covini
04-29-2009, 09:11 PM
Did the Love in it Racing article make it in???

jeffburch
04-29-2009, 09:18 PM
Meet a member? No.
Where else?
Will look it over better and amend here asap.
jb

edit; didn't see anything, sorry.
Hallett is in the "coming events" though. Under "Rocky Mountain" LMAO!!

edit;
Mulletts made it with an almost half page sized foto. No names tho.

ShadowBolt
04-29-2009, 09:29 PM
In these tough economic times, we need to bond together to "make due".
Personally, I'm a magazine junkie. In addition to the numerous subscriptions I have, anytime I'm sent to the grocery store it means at least 10 minutes by the magazine stand to see what's the latest.

So...as I try to further simplify life and stare at a stack of "used but good" magazines ready for the trash, I suggest that we have a "magazine exchange" at our AI/CMC track events.

Rather than toss my old magazines, I'll bring the bundle to the track and leave them in a designated spot...Glenn's trailer...driver meeting central...where-ever. If everyone does the same, we'll all be able to pick thru the magazines we haven't read. It's recycling! Part of the green-movement! Make Obama happy! :lol:

Subscriptions I have are:
Autoweek
Car & Driver
Road & Track
Hot Rod
5.0 & Super Ford
Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords
Racer
Grassroots Motorsports

...and I'll pick up the occasional Sport Truck, Sport Compact, Car Craft, GM Performance, etc, etc.

Let me know if others are interested in this exchange and I'll save my stack of mags from hitting the Sunday nite trash and bring them to the track. Perhaps we could fabricate a central repository to collect them in.

-=- Todd

Flying
AOPA Pilot
Salt Water Sportsman
US Bowler

JJ

Todd Covini
04-29-2009, 09:40 PM
I read the latest AOPA in the doctor's office this week. Cool article on NASCAR pilots....made me dream of getting my own pilot's license. Wonder if Corey could give lessons on the side.

Rob Liebbe
04-29-2009, 10:36 PM
I read the latest AOPA in the doctor's office this week. Cool article on NASCAR pilots....made me dream of getting my own pilot's license. Wonder if Corey could give lessons on the side.

I've seen Corey fly - we all have - think twice about that request there Todd. :D

AI#97
04-29-2009, 11:08 PM
Mosty's dad has a playboy collection at their shop dating back to the 60's....and it's complete month for month....takes up at LEAST 25' of shelf with extra heavy duty braces.....it's located in the bathroom!!! :lol:

ShadowBolt
04-29-2009, 11:30 PM
Mosty's dad has a playboy collection at their shop dating back to the 60's....and it's complete month for month....takes up at LEAST 25' of shelf with extra heavy duty braces.....it's located in the bathroom!!! :lol:

Candy Loving 1979 25th anniversary playmate. Only thing good to ever come out of OU.

JJ

David Love AI27
04-30-2009, 07:39 AM
Hehe... I'm waiting for Mr Love to chime in on this thread....

;)

:) :) :) yeppers... still got the box from LeMons :) :) :)

David Love AI27
04-30-2009, 08:05 AM
Did the Love in it Racing article make it in???

I never heard from anyone.... :(

michaelmosty
04-30-2009, 08:55 AM
David, Jason, and Misty did get a partial mention in the LeMons article. They said one of the teams punishments was to parade through the pits in a line chanting "we are bad drivers". :lol:

AllZWay
04-30-2009, 09:22 AM
I have not gotten the latest GRM yet...can't wait. :P

Mags that I get...

Autoweek
Grassroots
Nascar Weekly
Outdoor...(came free with some other subscription)

David Love AI27
05-01-2009, 01:49 AM
David, Jason, and Misty did get a partial mention in the LeMons article. They said one of the teams punishments was to parade through the pits in a line chanting "we are bad drivers". :lol:

and your point is?

michaelmosty
05-01-2009, 09:11 AM

and your point is?
Any "print" is good print. :)