David Love AI27
05-01-2009, 02:06 AM
Donald M. Love

Took his life 04/30/09, after a long battle with cancer

Always tell your Dad "I love you"...

silversvo
05-01-2009, 05:37 AM
David,

If there is anything you need, please let me or Keri know. I hate to hear news like this. :(

GlennCMC70
05-01-2009, 06:33 AM
:(

Rob Liebbe
05-01-2009, 07:11 AM
I'm very sad to hear that Dave. Best wishes to you and your family.

Wirtz
05-01-2009, 07:26 AM
Very sorry to hear the news. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

You know the whole group is here for you.

AllZWay
05-01-2009, 08:23 AM
Really sorry to hear that David.... We will be thinking about you and the family. :(

michaelmosty
05-01-2009, 09:13 AM
Sorry to hear David.
You and the family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Al Fernandez
05-01-2009, 09:22 AM
:cry: Sorry to hear that Dave. Anything I can do just let me know.

ShadowBolt
05-01-2009, 10:28 AM
I'm so sorry Dave. You and your family will be in my prayers.
Do you need anythin?

Jerry

marshall_mosty
05-01-2009, 11:47 AM
Thoughts are prayers are with you.

cobra132
05-01-2009, 12:39 PM
Sorry to hear this David. Hang in there and let me know if there is anything we can do. :cry: FMR

BlueFirePony
05-01-2009, 12:39 PM
My thoughts are with you and your family David.

evarner
05-01-2009, 12:42 PM
Sorry David. Thoughts for you and family. If there's anything I can do, please let me know.

chris-CMC#35
05-01-2009, 03:34 PM
David -

Kat and I have you in our thoughts and prayers. And your family.

-chris

Todd Covini
05-01-2009, 06:19 PM
Tough times for sure. Hang in there and you know where to turn if you need anything frrom anyone.

HoustonNW
05-01-2009, 08:46 PM
A prayer said for you and your family.

a_love02
05-02-2009, 05:37 AM
I love you dad!!

....see I do what you tell me to do sometimes! :D

David Love AI27
05-02-2009, 09:16 AM
Thanks to all who have posted here and to those who have called... didn't answer the phone at all yesterday, sorry...

Amber, still not sleeping??? (posting at 5:30am???)

I love you too....

a_love02
05-03-2009, 08:50 AM
Just wanted to say thank you as well to everyone for their support and prayers for our family throughout all of this!

Dad, Nope still no sleep for me!! It's 8:45am and I still haven't been able to fall asleep! I think I've counted only 8-9 hrs of sleep since Tues and B.B. just woke up, so I guess that means I'll just have to go through another day w/o any sleep!

anyways, I'm sure I'll see ya later today sometime!
Love ya!

donovan
05-03-2009, 02:57 PM
Just catching up... Sorry to hear this... Holly and I are keeping you and your family in our thoughts and prayers!

DD :(

Greg_FW
05-03-2009, 09:50 PM
I'm a rookie that doesn't know you well enough to qualify here, but my prayers have been with you and your family. May God bless you, Mr. Love, beyond how you have already been blessed.

David Love AI27
05-07-2009, 10:50 PM
I am having a service for my Dad on Sat at 2:00 pm... This is for the benefit of my Dad's friends... as far as my local racing family goes please don't go out of your way to attend, I will have a gathering at Hallett and fill everyone in on the details...

Some have asked about the service and offered me support during this time... Thanks to you all but I am so deeply angered and confused over the way this played out, I would rather wait for a happier time and place to be with my true friends...

Thanks for your prayers and support expressed in this forum and in the phone calls and texts...

FINALLY, if you don't have a will, GET ONE!!! If you are at odds with a loved one, FIX IT!!!

David Love AI27
10-06-2009, 01:33 PM
I'm not sure how this grieving process works but it is kicking my ass...

just wanna say that it is so great to see so many Dads at the track...

to Kellam, Liebbe, Proctor, White and to those I may have missed... cherish these moments, Invite your Dads and Moms to the Banquet get some pictures together. Give them hugs, kisses and "I love you"s

Because of my Dad's illness he died hating me, which wouldn't be so hard If I had lots of pictures of happy times together...

not a pity party, no need for response... I'm just saying...

Same goes to ALL family members and friends, I'm just too focused on Dads right now..

ShadowBolt
10-06-2009, 02:19 PM

to Kellam, Liebbe, Proctor, White and to those I may have missed... cherish these moments, Invite your Dads and Moms to the Banquet get some pictures together. Give them hugs, kisses and "I love you"s

Because of my Dad's illness he died hating me, which wouldn't be so hard If I had lots of pictures of happy times together...

Same goes to ALL family members and friends, I'm just too focused on Dads right now..

David,

You have to be wrong about your dad hating you. It's not possible to hate the David Love I know!

JJ

Rob Liebbe
10-06-2009, 02:31 PM
Thanks David. That reminds me, I need to call my mom.

David Love AI27
10-06-2009, 02:43 PM

David,

You have to be wrong about your dad hating you. It's not possible to hate the David Love I know!

JJ

Thank you sir... you are a kind man to say so... Dad never took the time to know me... and what love he did have for me was taken away with his illness... Dementia is a cruel, cruel thing, it will turn your whole world upside-down and I'm talking about for those dealing with the patient...

THAT my friends is the point... take full advantage of the time NOW!!...

When the one you love doesn't know who you are or worse... cusses you and wants to physically beat your ass, it is nice to have lots of good memories to fall back on... I am an only child, my kids never knew their grandfather and my mom is his ex... I have no one to sit and laugh with and say "remember when????"

Guess it is obvious my therapy fund ran out.... sorry, I will lighten up...

David Love AI27
10-06-2009, 02:46 PM
Thanks David. That reminds me, I need to call my mom.

Hope you do... That will make my day... I'm gonna take my own advice and go see mine...

Fbody383
10-06-2009, 03:16 PM

It's one day at a time... some days are better than others and it only gets easier not better. I will tell you that even 26 years later, it's a void that nothing will fill. Glad you guys aren't here with me as I type this; coworkers will leave me alone though.

Plus a Billion! I get a kick out of seeing Teams Liebbe, Kellam, Proctor, Jordan, et al hanging out at the track. You guys have something special and based on what I see, you realize it already. You just don't know how good it really is.

D. Love, we'll have to share some stories next time out.

Hang in there, buddy.

AllZWay
10-06-2009, 03:49 PM
Dave... I can't imagine not being close with my Dad. He has always been there to support me no matter what it was I was doing.

As a kid I could come up with some crazy ideas and Dad would figure out a way we could do it cheaply. We never had much money while I was a young kid, before he had some years in at Campbells Soup.

We raced MX together...he raced the over 30 gang. He was a huge part of my dirt tracking also since it was a 6 day week job and couldn't have done it without him.

He also did a large portion of building my current car.

I really do not look forward to the day he is not around. I am actually terrified of that day.

BTW... My Mom is pretty special too. 8)

Hang in there Dave...you truly do have the right thoughts.

Rob Liebbe
10-06-2009, 04:24 PM
Wait a minute there Dave. You are a part of a father/son team, you just don't realize yet that you are the Dad part!!! :roll: Enjoy your time with Jason and don't forget to act your age occasionally. :D Oh, and if you get Amber back on the track you will have the only father/daughter/son team around. At least until Todd's kids get older. Keep up the good work.

BlueFirePony
10-06-2009, 04:27 PM
David, you are a special guy and I truly wish the best for you. You've got a great family from what I have seen and I can tell you know that.

You've been a true inspiration to me and I have taken your advice - more than once.

AI#97
10-06-2009, 04:32 PM
David, I appreciate my dad more than you could imagine. His help at nationals was just a drop in the bucket for what he has done for me over the years and during my "breakdown" in late 06', He and my Mother were unbelievably patient and supportive as I melted down and hit rock bottom with alchoholism and depression. Throw in the support all through growing up and the opportunities they gave me to go to A&M and the sacrifices they made....and there is no possible way I could ever repay them in any way shape or form....except to succeed in everything and make them proud of the Man they raised.

Family is the ONLY important thing in life and blood come first....but this family in AI/CMC is always there for support too and you won't find this type of group anywhere else in the US....

AI/CMC Texas....the best damn racing family period!!!!

David Love AI27
10-06-2009, 05:24 PM
don't forget to act your age occasionally.

WELL... that was some good councel there my friends...

I did get on to Jason for Saturday night... My "fatherly" advice... "if your gonna drink like that don't eat so much... it is a waste of food!"

But really guys... Thanks to you all for your kind words and kicks in the pants... I'lm guessing the gloomy weather and "coming down" from Nationals kinda took its toll... Tomorrow is a new day and hopefully celebration with the Kings on their new arrival...

Todd Covini
10-07-2009, 09:56 PM
Good thread to remind us all to keep family close and a priority in life. Many of you probably know, but I pulled the plug 4 hours before leaving for ECR to be with my wife for the weekend. Some bad news on the breast cancer front sent emotions & fears over the edge.

Staying home, dinner out, late nite club with friends, rainy day movies and just plain hanging out together with my wife was better than any trip around the world aboard a cruise.

Yesterday's doctor appt we learned it wasn't terminal, she's still going to be a cancer survivor and we'll get thru it all...and we still have a "weekend to remember" :-)

Family's about the only thing that's going to top a weekend at the track with you guys. Wish I was there...but glad I stayed home!

-=- Todd

PS- David...you've come a long, long way in the past few years!

David Love AI27
10-07-2009, 10:31 PM
Many of you probably know, but I pulled the plug 4 hours before leaving for ECR to be with my wife for the weekend.

Staying home, dinner out, late nite club with friends, rainy day movies and just plain hanging out together with my wife was better than any trip around the world aboard a cruise.

Yesterday's doctor appt we learned it wasn't terminal, she's still going to be a cancer survivor and we'll get thru it all...

glad I stayed home!

For anyone that hasn't delt with the big C... you are always walking on eggshells and it never leaves your mind...

So happy you stayed home...

mitchntx
10-08-2009, 02:41 AM
Good thread to remind us all to keep family close and a priority in life. Many of you probably know, but I pulled the plug 4 hours before leaving for ECR to be with my wife for the weekend. Some bad news on the breast cancer front sent emotions & fears over the edge.

Yesterday's doctor appt we learned it wasn't terminal, she's still going to be a cancer survivor and we'll get thru it all...and we still have a "weekend to remember" :-)

Family's about the only thing that's going to top a weekend at the track with you guys. Wish I was there...but glad I stayed home!

-=- Todd

PS- David...you've come a long, long way in the past few years!

Excellent news, Todd.

I pulled a similar "stunt" during Nationals. I stayed home and the wife and I just became closer "friends". Hard to explain ... great to experience.

ShadowBolt
10-08-2009, 07:42 AM
Great news Todd!

We missed you but you did the right thing.
JJ

AllZWay
10-08-2009, 08:27 AM
Good news Todd!!

Al Fernandez
10-08-2009, 09:42 AM
Prioritizing things in life is always hard...just try and make sure you get it right: family, racing, work :wink:

Todd, you made the right call for sure.

Dave...I lost my mom to cancer a while back, and life's circumstances and my inability to prioritize at the time means I have plenty of regrets about that period. It gets better with time.