PDA

View Full Version : 2009 CCR Update - 15.6.21

GlennCMC70
05-19-2009, 05:24 PM
i dont fully understand its intent yet. working on getting an explanation. i do not rear this as a right side restraint issue.

GlennCMC70
05-19-2009, 05:32 PM
old rule:
15.6.21 Head Restraint
A head restraint must be used to help prevent whiplash. The head restraint should have
a minimum area of thirty-six (36) square inches and be padded with a non-resilient
material such as Ethafoam or Ensolite with a minimum thickness of one (1) inch. It is
recommended that padding meeting SFI specification 45.2 be used.

new rule:
15.6.21 Head Restraint Support-Rear
This section applies to seats without an integral headrest. A head restraint must be
used to help prevent whiplash. The head restraint should have a minimum area of thirtysix
(36) square inches and be padded with a non-resilient material such as Ethafoam or
Ensolite with a minimum thickness of one (1) inch. It is recommended that padding
meeting SFI specification 45.2 be used.

GlennCMC70
05-19-2009, 07:25 PM
from Jerry Kunzman:

Glenn,
You are correct. It's the rear headrest. And this rule is for non-integral headrests. Seats with headrests built in are ok to use as the manufacture suggests. However, we always recommend adding more padding where prudent, of course.

Jerry

i dont think this affects anyone in our group. right?

Al Fernandez
05-20-2009, 11:39 AM
Shouldnt....I dont remember any seats that did not have factory headrests when doing annuals this year, but I could be wrong.