PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Houston area speed freaks!!!

Rsmith350
05-19-2009, 10:11 PM
You know, there are quite a few of us in the Houston area. As I search through all these posts I'm amazed at the opportunities that we're missing out on with our "brothers in nomex".

For example....NickV (trailer tires).....Alien (transmission work).....etc, etc. These are all things I personally could have helped with if not a couple others. Has anyone ever thought of having a NASA night were we all meet somewhere and get to know each other better and what we do? I think it would be a blast. Especially in these economic times (so the boob tube says :shock: ) we need to stick together......plus it's a fantastic excuse to get out of the house and maybe drink some beer :)

Thoughts???????

I'm sure someone has tried this before....just see alot of missed opportunities and I like to help when I can. 8)

Jeremy Gunter
05-19-2009, 10:25 PM
This friday night on the west side of El Paso....

David Love AI27
05-19-2009, 10:40 PM
You know, there are quite a few of us in the Houston area. As I search through all these posts I'm amazed at the opportunities that we're missing out on with our "brothers in nomex".

For example....NickV (trailer tires).....Alien (transmission work).....etc, etc. These are all things I personally could have helped with if not a couple others. Has anyone ever thought of having a NASA night were we all meet somewhere and get to know each other better and what we do? I think it would be a blast. Especially in these economic times (so the boob tube says :shock: ) we need to stick together......plus it's a fantastic excuse to get out of the house and maybe drink some beer :)

Thoughts???????

I'm sure someone has tried this before....just see alot of missed opportunities and I like to help when I can. 8)

Thoughts??? I'm thinking.... STEP AWAY FROM THE KEYBOARD AND GET THE CAR FINISHED!!!!! race weekends are a "fantastic excuse to get out of the house and maybe drink some beer :)

do you need any help??? I've been spending lots of time down south Houston cleaning out my dad's house so if you need me to run by and help some evening, just let me know...

281-414-1738

jeffburch
05-20-2009, 07:00 AM
David,
do you know how to pin stripe?

jb

ShadowBolt
05-20-2009, 07:05 AM

How about Cloudcroft?

JJ

mitchntx
05-20-2009, 07:42 AM
Thoughts???????

Something I think goes unnoticed is the fact that me and Glenn and Mike and James and Nick and Chuck B. and Louis G. and Mike S. and Kevin T. have been a close knit group of friends who have been to all of these tracks and driving a 4th gen F-Car.

We have all worked on each other's cars, we've shared findings and "secrets" with each other and we have been doing all this for 10 years.

So it's not the platform ... it's the information.

We even have a forum site dedicated to making an F-Car handle through the cones and on courses. The discussions are open, honest informative.

I know the Ford guys have Corner Carvers. But the topics of discussion seems to be more about ass-clowns, search engines and predicting the end of the world than helping a newb learn.

David Love AI27
05-20-2009, 09:25 AM
David,
do you know how to pin stripe?

jb

nope... but my neighbor Ronnie does.. found a brand new air brush and leatherworking tools in my dads house so I gave them to him in trade for some stripes for my car..

wacha need???

Al Fernandez
05-20-2009, 11:53 AM
Sounds to me like we need to have a party at Robs place :D

Rob Liebbe
05-20-2009, 12:52 PM

Funny, I was just going to suggest your place.

Hood
05-20-2009, 01:06 PM

That's close enough for me that I might even be able to drive back home the same night. :wink:

Bench racing sounds pretty good right now since the racecar needs a new rearend and tires to be anywhere close to being ready to race ($$$).

jeffburch
05-20-2009, 03:09 PM
wacha need???

I need someone to put some pinstripes on Rosco's valve covers and TPI runners so he came make it to Tulsie. :wink:
:)
jb

Fbody383
05-20-2009, 04:07 PM
wacha need???

I need someone to put some pinstripes on Rosco's valve covers and TPI runners so he came make it to Tulsie. :wink:
jb

I got room for the ride... would be nice to have somebody to talk to.

He should just drag the car up and we'll build it in the evenings.

David Love AI27
05-20-2009, 05:34 PM

one time at Robs house.... there was a live band...

If you guys are serious about hangin out I've got some good nostalgic literature from my Dad's pile-o-crap....

Books on driving by Sterling Moss and many other books... box of "Sportscar" magazines from the '60s

Rob Liebbe
05-20-2009, 07:53 PM
I'd like to see that Sterling Moss book.

ShadowBolt
05-20-2009, 07:59 PM
I'd like to see that Sterling Moss book.

Me too.

JJ

Rob Liebbe
05-20-2009, 09:15 PM
The Dog Party Band - they were awesome, played in my driveway for my 40th birthday party. David was there, Todd was there, the rest of you missed out. My place is a good place for a party, but not in the summer, the house is small and the a/c gets overwhelmed. Al's house and GarageMahal would be MUCH better. We could even have a burnout contest in his driveway - THAT would be AWESOME!!!!!!! At the end of the night, when everyone is too drunk to drive home, we could crash in his guest quarters above the garage or he could drive us all home in the really big motorhome. PERFECT!!!!! Not that y'all are not welcome at my house, Al's is just a much better place to have a party.

8) 8)

Jeremy Gunter
05-20-2009, 09:37 PM

How about Cloudcroft?

JJ

Name that date and time Jerry, I will be there!

Al Fernandez
05-21-2009, 08:55 AM
Alright...let me chat with the boss about having a pre-hallett party at the Garage Mahal. That's Magnolia for those that dont know.

What's better guys, the 29th, 30th, 5th, or 6th?

David Love AI27
05-21-2009, 09:45 AM
all 4... gotta get in lots of practice for Sat night at Hallett.....

Todd Covini
05-21-2009, 02:08 PM
Alright...let me chat with the boss about having a pre-hallett party at the Garage Mahal. That's Magnolia for those that dont know.

What's better guys, the 29th, 30th, 5th, or 6th?

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to make any of those dates. Still have to finish a kitchen remodel so I can send my Dad back home to Tampa. It's going to be close to be able to get it all done AND make Hallett.

Fired up the paint sprayer last nite for a cleaning & a test run. Definately picking up a swivel to be able to maneuver in & out of cabinets. Puttin' down primer this weekend.

Al Fernandez
05-29-2009, 11:15 AM
Well, not much in the way of interest after I posted some dates :(

Randy and I will be in the garage all day and into the night tomorrow, so any of you Houston guys that are bored and want to come up that'd be great. My cell doesnt work worth a shit here so call my house # 936 321 0331. I'm sure working on Randy's car will be a lot more fun after a dozen or so beers... 8)

David Love AI27
05-29-2009, 12:10 PM
I'm sure working on Randy's car will be a lot more fun after a dozen or so beers... 8)

be very careful... my son-in-law and I thrashed on my car one night... stabbed motor the night before an event... drinking whisky the whole time... motor lasted 15 min... now dubbed the "Crown Royal motor"

PM me with your addy, I'll swing by on my way back from TWS...

michaelmosty
05-29-2009, 02:14 PM
We are going to be doing the same thing in Dallas, Jeremy's stroker motor is going in on Saturday! :)

Al Fernandez
05-29-2009, 02:31 PM
PM me with your addy

Done!

Rob, Jeremiah, Gary, Eric???

rleng1
05-29-2009, 02:34 PM
Cannot wait to see the paint job after a few shots. :shock:

AI#97
05-29-2009, 02:53 PM
We are going to be doing the same thing in Dallas, Jeremy's stroker motor is going in on Saturday! :)

Dude! It's a big bore stroker with 14:1 Compression running on leaded 108....and stock cams! LOL!!!

Rob Liebbe
05-29-2009, 03:32 PM
PM me with your addy

Done!

Rob, Jeremiah, Gary, Eric???

We are getting ready for an End of School Year/Hooray for Summer Party for my son's kindergarten class. Party is Sunday, prep is Saturday, but I may be able to sneak out for a while Saturday evening.

AI#97
05-29-2009, 10:55 PM

I think you jinxed us you cowboy slut!!! They shipped the wrong rods which do appear to be for a stroker!!! LOL!!! Gunter may miss hallett but I will find something to put in this fucker so it runs! Might wobble a little but runs!!! :lol: :lol:

michaelmosty
05-31-2009, 12:09 AM

I think you jinxed us you cowboy slut!!! They shipped the wrong rods which do appear to be for a stroker!!! LOL!!! Gunter may miss hallett but I will find something to put in this fucker so it runs! Might wobble a little but runs!!! :lol: :lol:
I know, shitty ass luck. As I type Jeremy and Matt are on their way to Fort Worth to "hopefully" pick up a set of correct rods. With a little luck we will build the motor tomorrow and hear her run tomorrow evening.
Keep your fingers crossed!!!

Al Fernandez
06-01-2009, 08:37 AM
Well?

Jeremy Gunter
06-01-2009, 08:41 AM
no joy... I don't know if I will make hallett or not, but I hope I can...

David Love AI27
06-01-2009, 11:01 AM
Well?

Gary Hood and I were gonna stop by but it was a long hot day... I went straight home and got me some sleep...

Drove Robert King's car on Sunday... my personal timing crew didn't know I was in the car so I didn't get any times but felt like easily sub 2s @ 9/10s... I coulda got more with some seat time but dropped a wheel at exit of 4, never lifted and did a couple of tank slaps before finally looping it just before 5, center track, right in front of 3 miatas and an mr2... I am sure this observation has been confirmed by many but the fox bodies "snap around" quicker/easier than 3rd gen...

I gotta get me some HP... I honestly feel like I'm leaving a lot of skills "on the table" driving my POS...

Alien
06-04-2009, 10:22 AM
Sorry Al, been busy wik my usual last minute-weekends-before the next race thrash.

Anyone know anything about this track?
http://grandsportspeedway.com/index.html

Hood
06-04-2009, 11:07 AM
That track looks interesting. I see that there's Summer Special for track rental for $2000 a day. If we could get 20 cars to commit... hmm, I wonder if they allow real racing?

Fbody383
06-04-2009, 11:38 AM
That track looks interesting. I see that there's Summer Special for track rental for $2000 a day. If we could get 20 cars to commit... hmm, I wonder if they allow real racing?

Went to their opening day a year or so ago... shhh... supposed to be secret testing ground... would be good test place, they have some open track days and apparently trade time for instructing.

From memory track is narrow and would be a tough course for w2w, not that that would stop CMC crowd.

Last minute... oh, yeah... dyno... gonna work on that.

Al, I wanted to stop by but don't have enough frequent flier miles to get up there.

Rsmith350
06-11-2009, 07:38 PM
wacha need???

jb

I don't care who you are.....That's funny right there :)