PDA

View Full Version : Damn!! That's sexy!!

jeremiahkellam
05-22-2009, 06:12 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3567/3555454772_81d601baa8.jpg

jeffburch
05-22-2009, 06:33 PM
Do you need a driver coach/consultant for Nationals? :)

jb

ShadowBolt
05-22-2009, 07:44 PM
If those are RA 1's and can't be used next year what are you going to do with all of them?

JJ

jeremiahkellam
05-22-2009, 07:55 PM
If those are RA 1's and can't be used next year what are you going to do with all of them?

JJ

Oh, I'll bitch and moan about how I have sooo many tires left over and we will start the same BS all over again. :wink:

AI#97
05-22-2009, 08:09 PM

JJ

Oh, I'll bitch and moan about how I have sooo many tires left over and we will start the same BS all over again. :wink:

Yep! Me too...I ordered 8 RA1's that should be here next week just in time for Hallett to go with my new rims too....After the testing session today, I have a hankering to kick some more ass. I just need to find a new swaybar! :oops:

AI#97
05-22-2009, 08:11 PM

jb

JB, for all of us that are going, we might just whore you out! You really did help a lot last year just to keep our heads straight and on the right topic to stay focused. It was much appreciated.

GlennCMC70
05-22-2009, 08:21 PM

jb

JB, for all of us that are going, we might just whore you out! You really did help a lot last year just to keep our heads straight and on the right topic to stay focused. It was much appreciated.

true dat.

Al Fernandez
05-23-2009, 10:29 AM
Excellent plan Jeremiah :lol:

AI#97
06-08-2009, 06:03 PM
Damn I love being a Bachelor! 8)

RichardP
06-08-2009, 09:19 PM
Cool stuff. I got dibs on one set (at a discounted rate) when you bail on nationals and don't need that much obsolete rubber... :D

Richard P.

AI#97
06-08-2009, 11:42 PM
Cool stuff. I got dibs on one set (at a discounted rate) when you bail on nationals and don't need that much obsolete rubber... :D

Richard P.

Whatever rocket boy. Only way I am not going to Utah is if I get laid off which is still possible. Even then, I will not ever put an R888 back on my car. The one set I have has been sold as of this evening. Besides, I have a feeling the RA1 will be around next year too.... ;)

Al Fernandez
06-09-2009, 08:43 AM
uhh...never say not ever :lol:

mitchntx
06-09-2009, 10:17 AM
Besides, I have a feeling the RA1 will be around next year too.... ;)

Is this the same "feeling" you had when you said the molds for RA1s were destroyed and they we ceasing production?

AllZWay
06-09-2009, 10:48 AM
I just got four new RA1's a couple of weeks ago and two of them were ruined.

I have claim in with UPS over them. They called last night and it sounds as if they are going to honor the claim. Although they were a little confused by a new tire being "wornout" . :D

The pics are two big to post....but if anyone wants to see what a destroyed bead looks like take a look.

http://www.jpmotorsports.biz/badtires/

Hood
06-09-2009, 12:55 PM

I have claim in with UPS over them. They called last night and it sounds as if they are going to honor the claim. Although they were a little confused by a new tire being "wornout" . :D

The pics are two big to post....but if anyone wants to see what a destroyed bead looks like take a look.

Is that where the band clamps were around them? Did you notice it right away or was it the tire shop that told you about it?

AI#97
06-09-2009, 01:05 PM
Besides, I have a feeling the RA1 will be around next year too.... ;)

Is this the same "feeling" you had when you said the molds for RA1s were destroyed and they we ceasing production?it's all rumor till u see it with your own eyes.... Especially when u are kept in the dark by national. That's usually why rumor get started.

Al, trust me... An r888 will not go back on my car as long as I own it.

AllZWay
06-09-2009, 01:33 PM

Is that where the band clamps were around them? Did you notice it right away or was it the tire shop that told you about it?

I didn't really notice how bad until the tire shop looked at them and actualy tried to mount one of them. They decided that even if they could get them to mount they wouldn't trust them.

They were banded with tape, so really don't know how they got that bent. Phil swears that the didn't send them that way.

michaelmosty
06-09-2009, 01:36 PM
Wow, those are some nasty bends!!!
I hope everything works out for the best w/ UPS. I had a package disappear last week from UPS. It arrived to their Mesquite warehouse at 7:30 PM and at 2:30 AM was reported missing. Gotta love it! :?

Hood
06-09-2009, 01:44 PM

I didn't really notice how bad until the tire shop looked at them and actualy tried to mount one of them. They decided that even if they could get them to mount they wouldn't trust them.

They were banded with tape, so really don't know how they got that bent. Phil swears that the didn't send them that way.

The reason I ask is that it looks like an untrained tire tech did that with the tire machine. If the bead isn't pushed down while the tire is being brought down over the rim this exact thing happens. At that point it is a finger pointing session (admit nothing) by the tire shop. I'm QUITE sure that shipping them will NOT do this to a tire... just my almost expert opinion on that subject (tire tech, sales and installation for over 20 years).

AllZWay
06-09-2009, 01:58 PM
They were already bent when I took them, so I know the tire store didn't do it.....now just wether it was shipping or Phil's that did it.

I had only saw one side and thought they probably would be okay, but the other side of each was the really bad side.

I was really curious how shipping could have did it also, but Phil swears they didn't.

mitchntx
06-09-2009, 02:04 PM
I think you should run them and give everyone else a chance ...

ShadowBolt
06-09-2009, 02:14 PM

How bout it James? I'll pay to mount them if you will run em this weekend.

JJ

AllZWay
06-09-2009, 05:33 PM

I already got to start at the back of the first race. :oops:

mitchntx
06-09-2009, 05:54 PM
Hasn't been that much of a handicap up to this point.

Maybe square tires will help our cause ...

edrock96GT
06-09-2009, 07:26 PM
I wonder how long those tires have been sitting.

I used to work at an ATV & watercraft dealership and (I believe it was) Polaris would ship their ATV's in a crate with the tires deflated, where they would stay until we sold it. Most of the times the tires inflated with no problems but sometimes they would just, stay square :? and we had to replace them.

AI#97
06-09-2009, 08:21 PM

Yeah, you guys all hold up Proctor! ;)

Jeremy Gunter
06-09-2009, 09:26 PM

I had 12 Steel ladders sent UPS this week to the shop. They were bent so bad two of the rungs on each ladder were touching... looks like your tires and my ladders shared a NASCAR commercial...

GL on the claim Proc!