PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Speedtek in Ft. Worth soon?

michaelmosty
05-24-2009, 11:54 AM
Are any of you Fort Worth guys going to Speedtek in Haltom City before Hallett?

I dyno'd there yesterday and unfortunately they didn't inform me their printer has been down for quite a while. They said their customers have been bringing in flash drives and they have been giving the dyno info. to them that way. I was in a time crunch yesterday and wasn't able to go to Wal Mart to purchase one before heading out.

I can make a trip back there if needed, I just wanted to see if I could get lucky if anyone is going to be there anyway.
Let me know, thanks!

BTW, hp is no longer 234 and 40 lbs. will be out of the car before Hallett. :D

jeffburch
05-24-2009, 12:33 PM
I will be near there (Autocomp) Tuesday and will take a dongle and get it.
I will email you the files.
jb

michaelmosty
05-24-2009, 12:38 PM
Awesome JB, thank you very much!!

Rob Liebbe
05-25-2009, 05:06 PM
They can't e-mail you the file?

jeffburch
05-25-2009, 05:13 PM
Doubt it.
They can't go just down the street to the Conn's, Bestbuy, Officemax or Walmart to get whatever they need to print.

They can't pour piss out of a cowboy boot with directions on the heal.

jb

GlennCMC70
05-25-2009, 06:21 PM
the dyno PC isnt connected to the net at all. still, a $20 jump drive or a new printer is a drop in the bucket when running a speed shop.

AI#97
05-25-2009, 07:17 PM
the dyno PC isnt connected to the net at all. still, a $20 jump drive or a new printer is a drop in the bucket when running a speed shop.

Yeah, but brains or common sense are MUCH harder to come by! ;)

jeffburch
05-26-2009, 11:15 AM
Mikey,
I went there this morning.
When I got to work I looked at the pocket drive.
He gave you one .bmp
No winpep files at all.
Will send tonight from home.
jb

michaelmosty
05-26-2009, 02:01 PM
JB, thank you very much for getting the dyno information for me this morning!!! It helped me realize that the guy at Speedtek is a freakin idiot!!!!!

My dyno #'s now show to be 7 hp and 7 ft. lbs. below what I saw on Saturday. Apparently the did not have it corrected to SAE on Sat. so my 229/275 # is now 222/268. :x

This now has me questioning my hp #'s at the beginning of the year big time from Dallas Mustang. I pulled the timing back to 10 degrees and fattened up the fuel pressure to 51 lbs. and still only got down to 234 hp.

This whole situation pisses me off b/c I can't trust any dyno or dyno operator anywhere.

Dallas Mustang 234 hp / 285 tq.
Speedtek 222 hp / 268 tq.

Now I get to spend another 5 hours loading the car and head back to bfe hoping they get the computer set correctly this time.
FUCK!!

GlennCMC70
05-26-2009, 02:50 PM
let me know if you want me to meet you there.

i never trust that they set it right, i always ask to see it.

Wirtz
05-26-2009, 03:39 PM
A good reason to always try to get the raw DynoJet files from whoever takes them. Using the free viewer, you can change things like smoothing and the corrections. I had a similar issue with a shop and the corrrection factors. In my case, correcting the issue was a very small change in the reported values.

jeffburch
05-26-2009, 03:45 PM
So, does this mean he just needs to go there and have them provide the raw data?

Not re-spin it?
jb

GlennCMC70
05-26-2009, 04:49 PM
in his case, i think he made adjustments to the car based on non-SAE numbers thinking they were SAE.

AI#97
05-26-2009, 05:04 PM
I have to side with michael on this one. I have dyno'd on EVERY dyno in Dallas except speedtek and 21st century muscle car in carrollton and I have gotten VASTLY different numbers on every one of them....not to mention, they all seem to like giving you STD numbers to brag about.

It sucks that what is supposed to be the level bar for all of us is turning into a sliding scale... :(

GlennCMC70
05-26-2009, 05:10 PM
so far, SpeedTek is the only one's i know of that keep thier machine set to STD in place of SAE.
the expectation when compairing dyno numbersis that SAE was the used standard.

michaelmosty
05-26-2009, 05:12 PM
The thing that pissed me off is that I didn't even touch the car while I was there.
I dyno'd at the beginning of the year and got 234 hp and have run 40 lbs. heavy b/c of it.

I went to dyno hoping that the warmer weather would pull the numbers below 230 so I could pull the 40 lbs. out of the car. I put the car on the dyno and the first pull was 227. I told him to keep running it and he did 228 and then 229. I was freakin excited that I didn't touch the car and left with 228 / 275.

Now I find out the numbers were not corrected to SAE and I actually have 222 / 268. Perfectly legal but now I am leaving alot on the table.

I am pissed b/c if I had know I would have just done a little twist of the distributor to add about 2-3 degrees of timing and I would have hit right on the numbers and it would have taken me an extra 5 minutes. I ASSumed the SAE correction is something they have as standard. :cry:

Darren McCarley
05-26-2009, 11:12 PM
I read this and wince. Sorry to hear about this, it MUST be quite the PITA. However..... I have to think there is a silver lining here.... I mean, if they are THAT inept then they surely need some techno genius to explain the internet, jump drives, etc. Heck, it almost sounds like they need a consultant to explain SAE vs STD (No, not the VD kind). Now, they may not give a shit, and if that's the case then there's nothing anyone can do about it. However, if they give 2¢ about customer care then the Manager, or owner, would want to resolve this. Perhaps this service is something you, or one of the others, can provide at a cost/barter situation. If I knew more about these dyno's I know I'd be working that angle!

Just my 2¢. Sorry to interject w/o invitation.

GlennCMC70
05-26-2009, 11:21 PM
they didnt tell me till after i had dyno'ed that they had no working printer. they all know me well and know i need the print-out. i also set-up the dyno session days in advance face to face. i wasnt told then that the printer didnt work, but once the dyno was over, it was.... well, its been broke for a couple weeks now. been meaning to get it fixed.

best bet is to get a flash drive and take it w/ you. these things (dyno files) are great for records reasons. i have a printed copy or digital copy of every dyno my CMC car has ever made. over 5 years, 4-5 dyno's a year (some as much as 7!) i likely have over 100 pulls w/ my CMC car.
flash drives are also very cheap.
you will have to save the file from where its stored in the program files. dont export it from the dyno software. its not the file you need. i had to make a second trip back just to get the right file. Dyno Jet will allow you to download the software for free.