PDA

View Full Version : Proud Papa!!

jeremiahkellam
06-09-2009, 05:53 PM
Took my son Gage out to the local kart track today. This was his first time to run this kart without me sitting on the back of the seat, or riding behind him on my bike with a brake line attached. He did great, a little heavy on the brakes, but he's learning. He ran 2 sessions of about 6-8 laps each (it was hot!!) He will be turning 5 in 2 weeks.

http://www.vimeo.com/5084542

mitchntx
06-09-2009, 05:57 PM
Sweet! Very nice run, Gage.

michaelmosty
06-09-2009, 08:08 PM
Wow, very cool.
A future CMC racer in the making! :)

Jeremy Gunter
06-09-2009, 10:20 PM
That's awesome! Congrats J~

Alien
06-10-2009, 07:02 AM
I'm jealous, Gage even has a helmet cam!

Now I can't wait for the whiny racer/proud dad post when Jeremiah says "He beat my time on track... and I really was TRYING!" It's only a matter of time now.

Sidney
06-10-2009, 08:46 AM
As a dad...you rock!

Sidney
CMC #64

jeremiahkellam
06-10-2009, 10:30 AM
As a dad...you rock!

Sidney
CMC #64

Kids have it too damn good these days! I was thinking last night about what I was doing a few weeks before my 5th birthday. Probably wetting the bed, picking my nose and poking frogs with a stick. My son woke up this morning and the first thing out of his mouth was, "Can we go to the race track??"

jeffburch
06-10-2009, 11:12 AM
I was playing with army men and a rubberband gun.
Oh, and cap guns.
Lucky kid. :)
Good stuff Dad. Can you put me on the comp ticket list for his 1st 24 hr?
jb

jeremiahkellam
06-10-2009, 11:15 AM
Can you put me on the comp ticket list for his 1st 24 hr?
jb

I've already got you down as chief stratigist :wink:

David Love AI27
06-10-2009, 11:50 AM
Now I can't wait for the whiny racer/proud dad post when Jeremiah says "He beat my time on track... and I really was TRYING!" It's only a matter of time now.

nothing will make you step it up a notch like your kid beating your fast lap...

Sidney
06-10-2009, 11:53 AM
A buddy of mine had his kid in a go-kart at about 5 or 6. I got his autograph before he could hardly write it. Of course he didn't stop growing and now is about 6'2" and 230 as a Junior in High School. I was hoping to hang out in the pits at Indy...now I'm thinking more of along the sideline at Soldier Field!

Have fun with him while he's little...he may just outgrow the open-wheelers and Spec Miatas!

Sidney

AllZWay
06-10-2009, 03:26 PM
Jeremiah that is so cool.

I wished we had some cart racing closer to us, I would definitely like to see my youngest daughter have a shot doing it.

She is extremely competitive at everything she does sports wise and I could see her really liking racing. My girls do have a crappy go-kart that is broken more than it runs and they hate it, but she loves going fast on it when it is working.

On a side not, there is local dirt track racing kid that I am so extremely impressed with at the track. He is only 14 yrs old and is kicking butt over guys that have been racing for way more years than he is old.

He started in karting at age 5, moved to Pony stock (4-cylinder class) at age 12 and instantly was dominating that class. Now he has moved up to the V-8 sport modifieds and is dominating. He is so smooth, calculating and aggressive when he needs to be and smart when he needs to be. This kid will at least be racing sprint cars in a year or too I bet.