PDA

View Full Version : Radical!

Hood
06-10-2009, 01:05 PM
While instructing at TWS a week and a half ago, I got a ride in one of these. It wasn't the SR8 but it was damn fast. I had a grin pasted on my face from the time I got in the car until after I left the track to go home. This thing is unbelievable! The g forces are something akin to my aerobatics experience, just more violent. The brakes are like throwing an anchor out... I could feel my eyes wanting to leave my skull. What was most impressive was the closure rate on traffic... like rolling picket fences, we passed EVERYTHING. I'm guessing somewhere in the 1:40's on lap times (CCW 2.9).

http://www.radicalsportscars.com/range/sr8-supersport-lm

Fbody383
06-10-2009, 03:33 PM
The g forces are something akin to my aerobatics experience, just more violent.

zowie

Wirtz
06-10-2009, 06:24 PM
Gary - do you remember the DSR I bought out to autocross a few times? My Dad and I raced that for a few years. Stoopid fast. I remember the first time I truely nailed it on the front straight at Thunderhill; had my chin strap loose and at the end of the straight had my helmet get lifted off my head enough my sight was blocked by my chin guard... good times....

Nothing like driving a real sequential lift-to-shift too!

Hood
06-10-2009, 11:04 PM
Gary - do you remember the DSR I bought out to autocross a few times? My Dad and I raced that for a few years. Stoopid fast. I remember the first time I truely nailed it on the front straight at Thunderhill; had my chin strap loose and at the end of the straight had my helmet get lifted off my head enough my sight was blocked by my chin guard... good times....

Nothing like driving a real sequential lift-to-shift too!

Yep, I remember that. It looked fast.

The only other thing that felt anything close to this that I have driven was the shifter kart at Bondurant.