PDA

View Full Version : Pit Bikes are for .....

Rob Liebbe
07-05-2009, 07:54 PM
Not for me - I'll go with 4 wheels instead.

michaelmosty
07-05-2009, 09:22 PM
Wow, thin-to-win RA1's on that thing. I bet it's fast!!

Rob Liebbe
07-06-2009, 08:06 AM
36 mph as measured by a state-of-the-art Hot Wheels radar gun!

Al Fernandez
07-06-2009, 09:56 AM
What stops that thing?

Rob Liebbe
07-06-2009, 11:05 AM
What stops that thing?

Coasting or a steel band on steel drum brake. Good for two stops from speed with my fat ass on it. With the solid rear axle, it'll spin out right now if you're not careful.

I already burned my leg on the muffler.

It's a lot of fun depsite the burn.

Adam Ginsberg
07-06-2009, 12:51 PM
Talk about old skool....I'm dig'n it, Rob. Do you have to fight off the kids to drive it? ;)

AllZWay
07-06-2009, 01:08 PM
My girls have a two seater cart with the brake that is basically a piece of metal that is pushed down on the rear tire.

The piece crap has a carb problem right now though.

Todd Covini
07-06-2009, 11:11 PM
VERY old school.
How did you burn your leg on the muffler? :?
You know the kids these days put their legs forward and straddle the steering wheel.

Rob Liebbe
07-07-2009, 08:42 AM
VERY old school.
How did you burn your leg on the muffler? :?
You know the kids these days put their legs forward and straddle the steering wheel.

Well you see, there was this whisky and Coke........and when I was trying to get up off the kart.......and was standing there straddling the seat area....... and thought it would be a good idea to just push the kart forward between my legs.....but there was this really hot muffler......and it made contact with the inside of my left leg above the knee.....second degree burn.

Hood
07-07-2009, 10:44 AM
What stops that thing?

Coasting or a steel band on steel drum brake. Good for two stops from speed with my fat ass on it. With the solid rear axle, it'll spin out right now if you're not careful.

That band is supposed to have a liner inside it. You can find it at a go-cart supply online. Works a lot better than the metal to metal... at least after a couple of stops ;)

I had one of these that I won years ago in a raffle. It had the fiberglass NASCAR T-bird body in Valvoline (Mark Martin) livery. We took the body off (weighed about 60 lbs.) and would do a mini oval around a couple of poles in the parking lot. Actually would drift quite nicely (you have to lean inside or risk flippin' the damn thing).

mitchntx
07-07-2009, 11:36 AM
Pit Bikes are - Not for me - I'll go with 4 wheels instead.

I don't recall ever getting 2nd degree burns from a pit bike by merely standing up.

Todd Covini
07-07-2009, 08:27 PM
Ummm....36 miles an hour....no brakes....slick tires....rum & coke....leg burnin' exhaust....small diameter thin-wall tube frame machine?!?!

Has anyone done a risk analysis?

Kids...don't try this one at home. :-)

David Love AI27
07-07-2009, 11:50 PM
What stops that thing?

That band is supposed to have a liner inside it. You can find it at a go-cart supply online. Works a lot better than the metal to metal... at least after a couple of stops ;)

I had one of these that I won years ago in a raffle. It had the fiberglass NASCAR T-bird body in Valvoline (Mark Martin) livery. We took the body off (weighed about 60 lbs.) and would do a mini oval around a couple of poles in the parking lot. Actually would drift quite nicely (you have to lean inside or risk flippin' the damn thing).

do you still have the body????

Rob Liebbe
07-08-2009, 08:17 AM
Has anyone done a risk analysis?

Risk Analysis - It didn't kill me and therefore it made me stronger. 8)

Hood
07-08-2009, 10:50 PM
do you still have the body????

After going through a set of tires on the rear and rebuilding the carb after a roll-over (don't ask), I decided that it was too fast and dangerous for my kids and that I was too big and smart to let it happen to me again, so I painted the scuffs and set the body back on it and sold it for $600.

Todd Covini
07-08-2009, 11:05 PM
Gary,
Was Rum & Coke involved in your incidents too? :lol: