PDA

View Full Version : Had lunch with Ralph Lauren today

ShadowBolt
07-19-2009, 07:13 PM
We (the wife and daughter) were driving to Telluride today for lunch from Ouray and when we went by the driveway of the RRL ranch Jan said "dad a sports car is driving out of the ranch driveway" I slowed down and sure enough it was Ralph Lauren and his wife in a Porsche Carrera GT. We snapped a pic as they drove by. We went over the mountain in the jeep on the trails, and when we got to Telluride Ralpf was parked in front of an eatery with a closed sign on a chair in the open door. He and the wife were having lunch. We ate next door at the Brown Dog and after lunch while Kathy and Jan shopped I sat on a bench enjoing the 75 degree weather and waited for Ralph to get in his car. We got pics as he got in the car. He is 70 years old and a very small man. Even he had trouble getting in the car even though he is small and looks to be in very good shape (I saw Rick of the drivers Edge try to get in and out of one of these and it was funny as hell)! When he started the car it sounded great. I don't know anything about the GT except I was told they cost $450,000.00! Ralph has 15000 acres near Telluride but don't worry about him being out of money his worth is 2.4 Billion!
I will post picks when I get a chance.

JJ

mitchntx
07-19-2009, 07:50 PM
I will post picks when I get a chance.
JJ

Please do! I haven't seen 75 on a thermomoeter in months!

JJordan
07-19-2009, 09:47 PM
Here are the pics they sent me

-Jay